D43 - Ultimate Classic Team Roster - VERSION 3 RELEASED!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: D43 - Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - VERSION 2 RELEASED!

Postby eyeucmods on Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:21 am

The main reason of the corruption of roster file is caused by the sync.bin , like lesat's experience. I suggest you upload your SYNC.BIN file that you are using in this roster to fix their problems. The main reason of this corruption is caused by mismatch SYNC.BIN that you are using and their using that's why they cant load the roster file.
eyeucmods

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:16 am

eyeucmods wrote:The main reason of the corruption of roster file is caused by the sync.bin , like lesat's experience. I suggest you upload your SYNC.BIN file that you are using in this roster to fix their problems. The main reason of this corruption is caused by mismatch SYNC.BIN that you are using and their using that's why they cant load the roster file.

But why would it work for my brother, Sticky, Trevor, TGsoGood, Bbgeek, and LaRoche without my sync.bin? That makes no sense to me.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mombo76 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:05 pm

Thanks for all the hard work on this roster, it was worth the wait. I was able to get the roster file to work but the path listed in the directions didn't exactly match up the path in my directory. I was still able to track down the roster file and overwrite it though.
mombo76

Postby eyeucmods on Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:24 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
eyeucmods wrote:The main reason of the corruption of roster file is caused by the sync.bin , like lesat's experience. I suggest you upload your SYNC.BIN file that you are using in this roster to fix their problems. The main reason of this corruption is caused by mismatch SYNC.BIN that you are using and their using that's why they cant load the roster file.

But why would it work for my brother, Sticky, Trevor, TGsoGood, Bbgeek, and LaRoche without my sync.bin? That makes no sense to me.

I dont know , who knows. Its just most of the time this custom rosters requires the sync.bin that was used to create the roster in order to make the roster work. I mean can you still update your sync.bin if the 2k servers for this game arent working anymore?
eyeucmods

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:33 pm

Figured out a workaround after troubleshooting with someone for about an hour.

1. Put your original.exe in and place Steam ONLINE, and go into game and create a new roster.NOTE: at this time you can have my modded folder and the plug ins in the main NBA 2K17 directory, just not the .exe from October

2. Keep steam online, exit the game, and swap in my roster over the one you just created in game.

3. Go back into the game, and open the roster, it should work. Save the roster.

4. Now turn steam offline, put my .exe that I provided you into your main NBA 2K17 directory. Boot up the game, open my roster, and save it again into a new slot.

5. Exit the game, keep steam offline, and swap the roster I provided you with the one you JUST created game.

6. Now go back into the game with Steam offline, and it should be 100%. The accessories will be the right colors throughout.

If you don't care about the accessories colors, you can stop after step 3. However, I would like you to get the full experience, so I would like you to try all 6 steps. Also, If you don't do all six steps, the 14-15 Warriors jerseys wont be 100% accurate.

And NOTE: After you get the accessories looking right by following the steps, you can NOT open that roster at any time with Steam in online mode, otherwise they will convert back (because it updates the .exe. if you are worried you are going to do this accidentally, make backups of the roster once the accessories look right.

I know for a fact this works, I literally just did troubleshooting and testing with someone for an hour
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:53 pm

It's a shame sharing (and for that matter, editing) rosters isn't as easy as it used to be.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby laroche23 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:08 pm

D43 u Re a treasure for the community...much props to u ......I can only imagine the amount of work u and ur brother put into this ......THIS IS LIKE A NEW GAME ... AMAZING WORK U DID ....last question tough : ,,would u consider doing the CF conversions for Vin Baker and Seikaly ?

Thanks ...
laroche23

Postby ponyblind on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Thank you Dee4Three,for your great work and passion, which I nearly can't belive. 05-06 Lakers and 76ers is amazing.It's easy to install.
ponyblind

Postby Lesat on Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:03 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Figured out a workaround after troubleshooting with someone for about an hour.

1. Put your original.exe in and place Steam ONLINE, and go into game and create a new roster.NOTE: at this time you can have my modded folder and the plug ins in the main NBA 2K17 directory, just not the .exe from October

2. Keep steam online, exit the game, and swap in my roster over the one you just created in game.

4. Now turn steam offline, put my .exe that I provided you into your main NBA 2K17 directory. Boot up the game, open my roster, and save it again into a new slot.

5. Exit the game, keep steam offline, and swap the roster I provided you with the one you JUST created game.

6. Now go back into the game with Steam offline, and it should be 100%. The accessories will be the right colors throughout.

If you don't care about the accessories colors, you can stop after step 3. However, I would like you to get the full experience, so I would like you to try all 6 steps. Also, If you don't do all six steps, the 14-15 Warriors jerseys wont be 100% accurate.

And NOTE: After you get the accessories looking right by following the steps, you can NOT open that roster at any time with Steam in online mode, otherwise they will convert back (because it updates the .exe. if you are worried you are going to do this accidentally, make backups of the roster once the accessories look right.

I know for a fact this works, I literally just did troubleshooting and testing with someone for an hour

Unfortunately, this solution doesn't work for me. At 3rd step the roster doesn't load at all.
I'm 100% sure I've tried everything what had been posted here but nothing works. I suppose that the last chance to me is trying out someones sync.bin and rosterdescriptions files that works with the mod's roster file.
Lesat

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:20 pm

Lesat wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Figured out a workaround after troubleshooting with someone for about an hour.

Unfortunately, this solution doesn't work for me. At 3rd step the roster doesn't load at all.
I'm 100% sure I've tried everything what had been posted here but nothing works. I suppose that the last chance to me is trying out someones sync.bin and rosterdescriptions files that works with the mod's roster file.

it seems like almost everybody has the roster working, with the exception of about two people (You and a user a couple pages ago) who can't get it to work. Most are saying that they can install the roster offline completely by following my steps, a couple said they have to follow those steps 1 through 6 basically to a T to get it to work.

I don't understand the discrepancy. Look how many comments are on here stating that its "easy" to install? FYI - When troubleshooting, I sent a user my sync.bin and it did nothing. He was able to get it to work though following those 1 through 6 steps above.

Please try again from scratch following those steps. It is working for almost everybody else.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:06 am

Andrew wrote:It's a shame sharing (and for that matter, editing) rosters isn't as easy as it used to be.

Its frustrating, but we can get by. My problem is the unknowns. My instructions worked for the majority of users to a T, they are telling me how easy the install was. But a couple people just cant get it to work, which makes no sense to me.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:28 am

I guess we've always dealt with that to a certain extent when it comes to sharing and installing mods.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby uzileaux on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:30 am

Still doesn't work, believe me I've followed every step by step carefully. I'm not an idiot when it comes to these things. I mod myself, I tested another offline roster by some chinese modder in 2k19 and it worked without the syncbinc, This even gets weirder, he had a newer version of his roster that i tested, i tried loading that one without the sync.binc too just to see, that one wouldn't work without the sync.bin. I assure you i'm not missing any steps. And it's just not me and the person above that's the only 2 with this problem. There's one more from a few pages ago who still haven't got it resolved.
uzileaux

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:38 am

uzileaux wrote:Still doesn't work, believe me I've followed every step by step carefully. I'm not an idiot when it comes to these things. I mod myself, I tested another offline roster by some chinese modder in 2k19 and it worked without the syncbinc, This even gets weirder, he had a newer version of his roster that i tested, i tried loading that one without the sync.binc too just to see, that one wouldn't work without the sync.bin. I assure you i'm not missing any steps. And it's just not me and the person above that's the only 2 with this problem. There's one more from a few pages ago who still haven't got it resolved.

I never said you were an idiot, I am doing the best I can to help.

Here is the sync.bin, give it a try.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2i46i99z ... c.zip/file

The fact that so many have said it was easy to install, but a few people cant get it to work at all, is what is puzzling.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby uzileaux on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:41 am

Dee4Three wrote:
uzileaux wrote:Still doesn't work, believe me I've followed every step by step carefully. I'm not an idiot when it comes to these things. I mod myself, I tested another offline roster by some chinese modder in 2k19 and it worked without the syncbinc, This even gets weirder, he had a newer version of his roster that i tested, i tried loading that one without the sync.binc too just to see, that one wouldn't work without the sync.bin. I assure you i'm not missing any steps. And it's just not me and the person above that's the only 2 with this problem. There's one more from a few pages ago who still haven't got it resolved.

I never said you were an idiot, I am doing the best I can to help.

Here is the sync.bin, give it a try.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2i46i99z ... c.zip/file

The fact that so many have said it was easy to install, but a few people cant get it to work at all, is what is puzzling.

I know you didn't lol, my problem isn't that it's hard to install, i'm genuinely just confused as to why it wouldn't work.

EDIT: the sync file got it to work, Thank you :bowdown: :bowdown:
uzileaux

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:02 am

Good.

LeSat, give it a try with the sync.bin. it goes in a similar spot to the roster. It goes in the local folder instead or the remote folder

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lesat on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:08 am

uzileaux wrote:I know you didn't lol, my problem isn't that it's hard to install, i'm genuinely just confused as to why it wouldn't work.

EDIT: the sync file got it to work, Thank you :bowdown: :bowdown:

Ha, glad to hear that! I've lost hope to run this great mod so far. But here we go again, I'm gonna download the game for the 5th time and try with the sync file once again! I've experienced some issues with this exact file in another years of the game so I'm optimistic now.

EDIT:
Dee4Three wrote:Good.

LeSat, give it a try with the sync.bin. it goes in a similar spot to the roster. It goes in the local folder instead or the remote folder

Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do :D I'll give feedback tomorrow after trying this out.
Lesat

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:53 pm

I just want to thank everyone for the outpouring of support I have received in regards to this mod. Whether it be on Youtube, here on the NLSC, or Twitter.

I am shocked at the amount of people who were not only waiting for V2 of this mod, but that are still playing NBA 2K17. Outside of the troubleshooting comments, the statements on here about how people are really enjoying the mod makes me feel really good.

I dont use adlinks, or monetize my YT channel, or charge for anything, I literally just wanted to share with you a project that myself and my brothers get endless hours of enjoyment out of, and I wanted to add special touches that made it feel like a new game and experience for you guys. Creating memories with these games is the ultimate goal, right?

Thanks again for the outpouring of support!!! This makes me even more motivated for a project like this for 2K20.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby timmyd on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:05 am

My man.

Thank you! You just completed my life. lol

I'm going to give this a try tonight. Time to re-download NBA 2k17!
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby LekaNost on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:28 pm

I had problem with roster but after download sync file everything is ok. Thx so much bro.
LekaNost

Postby Lesat on Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:20 pm

As expected, for me the sync file got it to work too.
The game is running perfectly now. The mod is really as awesome as everyone says and I highly recommend it to anyone to try it out. It's actually making undoubtedly the best basketball game ever made so far and shows how poorly the official restro rosters were made by 2k. It's sad seeing 2k becoming typical cash grabbing company focusing on introducing new mechanics of monetization instead of improving quality of the core game. Fortunately we still have great moders around that are making real gems like this one.

Once again, thank you for sharing with us all the work you've put into releasing the mod! :bowdown: :bowdown:

I hope 2k will give you opportunity to repeat the fun with making the mod by developing great gameplay-wise truly next-gen game in the future. :wink: But for now I'm just going to appreciate and enjoy UCTR2 for so many hours..
Lesat

Postby Stildo33 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:55 pm

LekaNost wrote:I had problem with roster but after download sync file everything is ok. Thx so much bro.

HOLY POOP! IT WORKED FOR ME TOO! I just deleted all my old rosters, saved them elsewhere though. Gonna see I can get those to work, but my sync.bin was all messed up. Works now!

THANK YOU DEE!
Stildo33

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:11 am

No problem, glad it worked.

Hope you get some enjoyment out of this roster.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:13 am

mombo76 wrote:Thanks for all the hard work on this roster, it was worth the wait. I was able to get the roster file to work but the path listed in the directions didn't exactly match up the path in my directory. I was still able to track down the roster file and overwrite it though.

No problem, glad you got it to work and are enjoying it!

laroche23 wrote:D43 u Re a treasure for the community...much props to u ......I can only imagine the amount of work u and ur brother put into this ......THIS IS LIKE A NEW GAME ... AMAZING WORK U DID ....last question tough : ,,would u consider doing the CF conversions for Vin Baker and Seikaly ?

Thanks ...

Thanks and awesome. In regards to Baker, etc. I need a small break from modding.

ponyblind wrote:Thank you Dee4Three,for your great work and passion, which I nearly can't belive. 05-06 Lakers and 76ers is amazing.It's easy to install.

Awesome, and you're welcome. The 05-06 Lakers and 05-06 76ers are two of my favorite teams to use.

timmyd wrote:My man.

Thank you! You just completed my life. lol

I'm going to give this a try tonight. Time to re-download NBA 2k17!

You're welcome! Of all people, I know that you will really enjoy this. Keep me posted on how you like it.

LekaNost wrote:I had problem with roster but after download sync file everything is ok. Thx so much bro.

Cool, no problem.

Lesat wrote:As expected, for me the sync file got it to work too.
The game is running perfectly now. The mod is really as awesome as everyone says and I highly recommend it to anyone to try it out. It's actually making undoubtedly the best basketball game ever made so far and shows how poorly the official restro rosters were made by 2k. It's sad seeing 2k becoming typical cash grabbing company focusing on introducing new mechanics of monetization instead of improving quality of the core game. Fortunately we still have great moders around that are making real gems like this one.

Once again, thank you for sharing with us all the work you've put into releasing the mod! :bowdown: :bowdown:

I hope 2k will give you opportunity to repeat the fun with making the mod by developing great gameplay-wise truly next-gen game in the future. :wink: But for now I'm just going to appreciate and enjoy UCTR2 for so many hours..

Thanks for the props! I am really hoping that 2K20 is awesome so I can go all out making a classic teams roster.

CoachZenBarba wrote:
Could you tell us how exactly where? As you did in the .txt file with the example: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\170514708\385760\remote)

For "the contents" you mean:
Modded
UCTRV2
2K17WAIGUADLL.dll
dinput8.dll

Could u write to us all the passage?

Thanks

Did you ever get this figured out?

eddie2003prt wrote:An impressive achievement. Will download and try out tomorrow!

Thank you, let me know how you liked it.

sticky-fingers wrote:Well done :applaud:

Thank you!

Thank you all for the nice comments. I didn't have a chance to get to all of them until today. Hope you all are enjoying the roster.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:41 am

DISCLAIMER:

Nobody has permission to use the portraits in this roster that were created by my brother, which are basically all the custom ones. Ask me via PM if you can use any of them and I will ask my brother.

Thank you.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding