D43 - Ultimate Classic Team Roster - VERSION 3 RELEASED!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: D43 - Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - Release date 05/01/2019 - PC

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:16 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Great Ray Ray

ps: Get well soon.

Thanks!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:19 am

wdt92 wrote:Hope your knee heals up! That is definitely rough, he's having to go through surgery right now from what I saw.

Thanks.

Yeah he had surgery last Wednesday, I had it last Tuesday. We both had a knee anthroscopy, which is a procedure where they go inside the knee and shave down and smooth out any areas where there are defects in the cartiledge.

I want to get back to playing again, so it was necessary. Hopefully Blake gets back to 100%.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:36 am

That's a great young Allen! My best wishes for a speedy recovery, too.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:26 am

This roster really exposes the flaws of 2k and their retro content. They really need to hire someone to work specifically on retro for future games. It is miles ahead of NBA Live, but they really like to overlook the details that actually matters to us.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:09 pm

Andrew wrote:That's a great young Allen! My best wishes for a speedy recovery, too.

Thanks!

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:This roster really exposes the flaws of 2k and their retro content. They really need to hire someone to work specifically on retro for future games. It is miles ahead of NBA Live, but they really like to overlook the details that actually matters to us.

It's puzzling.

They have the licenses to put the players on the teams (example: Kobe on 03-04), but they still don't put any effort into creating a year specific face. I thank them for giving us the base game and actually having retro content, but the content they do have seems rushed and like an afterthought.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:23 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:This roster really exposes the flaws of 2k and their retro content. They really need to hire someone to work specifically on retro for future games. It is miles ahead of NBA Live, but they really like to overlook the details that actually matters to us.

It's puzzling.

They have the licenses to put the players on the teams (example: Kobe on 03-04), but they still don't put any effort into creating a year specific face. I thank them for giving us the base game and actually having retro content, but the content they do have seems rushed and like an afterthought.

Agreed, the base game gives a lot to work with, but the details are so overlooked that I can't possibly ever use an unedited roster. They seem to go backwards from release to release as well. Last year, Kenyon Martin on the 02 Nets had the headband and double armsleeves even though those weren't the proper accessories for that version of KMart. Mid-way through the 2k18 cycle they fixed the issue and removed the headband (which still isn't an option for us for some reason) and gave him the proper 2002 accessories. 2k19 launches and his accessories are back to what they were at the beginning of 2k18. A similar thing happened with Jerry Stackhouse. They insist on using a Stackhouse that can only be described as a burnt version of him despite there being a good looking Stack in the game files. In 2k18, they replaced the burnt version with the better version and all was well. Come 2k19, the inferior version from 2k18 launch is back in the game. Speaking back on the 02 Nets, Jason Collins has been in a draft class all year, but they don't add him to the classic team in the game. They need to hire people that are actually passionate about retro because it is clearly an afterthought right now.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:42 pm

Attention to detail on the retro content really took a backseat after NBA 2K12, unfortunately.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:09 pm

It's true, 2K11 and 2K12 received a lot of retro focus. Downhill after that.

And I noticed the Stackhouse thing, also then giving Matt Bullard Charles Smiths portrait for 3 different games on this gen, and giving Walt Williams Adrian Griffins portrait (while Griffin also had one for himself, but a different one).

Some big eye openers for me were when I saw how many copy and paste jobs were done, player DNA type swapping. They copied LeBrons signatures 100% over to Isiah Rider on the 00-01 Lakers, etc. Them giving Nick Van Exel Shawn Marions free throw, making players speed completely inaccurate, sim seasons where players got 0 steals or 0 blocks, or like 20 rebounds as a starter. The retro teams seem like a complete after thought, almost like they are there more for show than substance.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:50 pm

Dee4Three wrote:It's true, 2K11 and 2K12 received a lot of retro focus. Downhill after that.

And I noticed the Stackhouse thing, also then giving Matt Bullard Charles Smiths portrait for 3 different games on this gen, and giving Walt Williams Adrian Griffins portrait (while Griffin also had one for himself, but a different one).

Some big eye openers for me were when I saw how many copy and paste jobs were done, player DNA type swapping. They copied LeBrons signatures 100% over to Isiah Rider on the 00-01 Lakers, etc. Them giving Nick Van Exel Shawn Marions free throw, making players speed completely inaccurate, sim seasons where players got 0 steals or 0 blocks, or like 20 rebounds as a starter. The retro teams seem like a complete after thought, almost like they are there more for show than substance.

The All-time Teams added in 2k18 were exciting but they got so lazy with the legends.

-Rod Strickland has Kyrie Irving DNA (I guess this makes sense)

-Purvis Short has Vince Carter DNA

-Baron Davis has Damian Lillard DNA

-Geoff Petrie has Dwyane Wade DNA (????!!)

-Stephon Marbury has DRose DNA

-Alvan Adams was literally Rony Seikaly for a while

-Kerry Kittles was also basically Arron Afflalo (could tell from jumpshot, but also he just had Afflalo's accessories)

-Billy Cunningham has Blake Griffin DNA (????!!!)

I'm glad they are at least adding new legends into the game, but when I am wanting to use Cunningham and he's a reskinned Blake Griffin, it ruins any immersion or uniqueness.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:44 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:It's true, 2K11 and 2K12 received a lot of retro focus. Downhill after that.

The All-time Teams added in 2k18 were exciting but they got so lazy with the legends.

-Rod Strickland has Kyrie Irving DNA (I guess this makes sense)

-Purvis Short has Vince Carter DNA

-Baron Davis has Damian Lillard DNA

-Geoff Petrie has Dwyane Wade DNA (????!!)

-Stephon Marbury has DRose DNA

-Alvan Adams was literally Rony Seikaly for a while

-Kerry Kittles was also basically Arron Afflalo (could tell from jumpshot, but also he just had Afflalo's accessories)

-Billy Cunningham has Blake Griffin DNA (????!!!)

I'm glad they are at least adding new legends into the game, but when I am wanting to use Cunningham and he's a reskinned Blake Griffin, it ruins any immersion or uniqueness.

I noticed the Billy Cunningham/Blake Griffin copy immediately. Look at Billy's dunk package/dunk assignments, you would think he won a couple dunk contests.

The problem is: The majority of the player base are casuals, and 2K knows this. They will not recognize the player DNA copy. This makes me sad, because they are sacrificing quality because they know that they can get away with it, instead of taking pride in the game/rosters. They absolutely SHOULD hire someone, or a team to handle the retro content. That content deserves more attention and respect.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:29 am

On this gen, mostly 2K retro teams (players, jerseys, courts, lighting) looked way behind current teams (except jerseys en 2K18 and 19)...
2K clearly focus on online modes and VC integration.
Classic 5x5 basketball with current team, AI and retro stuff clearly go right to the background.
sticky-fingers

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:59 am

It is just insane considering the money they make just through micro-transactions should easily cover the cost to bring in even just one person who gives a damn about retro. I mean just look at this thread and the dozens of threads just like it. People put out superior content with limited resources and often times free of cost. Now imagine how good 2k retro could be if they bring in somebody from here with a salary and access to all the resources 2k has. It just bothers me that the framework is there (clearly there is at least one person at 2k that still cares enough to keep retro going), but they just don't devote a little more time to it. I don't even know who is in charge of the retro side of rosters, but I even reached to Ronnie Brewer last year to try to get him on the 2011 Bulls in the game. He was nice and responded and said of course. That means they never even tried to reach out to him to get him in the game, because he clearly wouldn't have turned them down. He's in the game files and I have an approval on Twitter for Brewer, but the devs are just too lazy to put him in.

Good work Dee4Three and all of the content creators for keeping retro alive and hopefully we can gain traction enough to get 2k's attention on these things.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:26 am

Some accuracy updates for you guys.

I gave Matt Barnes short hair and gave him a new body (He had the skinny body type). This is good for the 05-06 76ers and the 06-07 Warriors

I made a body edit for the 05-06 76ers Iguodala, and sculted his face to be more realistic.

Softened up the 05-06 Korvers face to make him look a bit younger, and gave him longer hair (Because it was much longer that season)

Gave Sam Dalembert 3D hair to match what he had on the 05-06 76ers

Removed John Salmons 3D facial hair and structured the top of his head more realistically so he matched what he looked like in the 05-06 season on the 76ers. (Disregard the headband color, that will be red when I release)

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:09 am

Great job!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:30 am

Good work on the faces! I love the shiny look of the jerseys, too. Miss that look
Thunder Shaq

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:43 am

Thank you both!

Some body edits I did today. Dragic, Lou Williams and Monta Ellis had the skinny body type, so I gave them more athletic and realistic bodies.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby wdt92 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:13 pm

The faces and body sculpting looks good! Korver definitely fits one look he had in Phili. I definitely remember him having another too, with that Ashton Kutcher looking haircut. I believe he had that in Utah also actually. But I digress! Great job!
wdt92

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 01, 2019 12:45 am

wdt92 wrote:The faces and body sculpting looks good! Korver definitely fits one look he had in Phili. I definitely remember him having another too, with that Ashton Kutcher looking haircut. I believe he had that in Utah also actually. But I digress! Great job!

Thank you!

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 01, 2019 4:00 am

Hi all,

Last delay... I promise!

Next week on the 8th I will release. As you see, I've been going through and making even more year specific updates, body edits, etc. And, we have about 10 or so more portraits we want to add.

So sorry about this. Just want everything to be as accurate as possible and awesome!

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed May 01, 2019 4:51 am

Dee4Three wrote:Hi all,

Last delay... I promise!

Next week on the 8th I will release. As you see, I've been going through and making even more year specific updates, body edits, etc. And, we have about 10 or so more portraits we want to add.

So sorry about this. Just want everything to be as accurate as possible and awesome!

I'm so disappointed in you. Might as well just cancel the project... I'm kidding. Make any adjustments you need to, I understand not wanting to release anything you deem to be incomplete
Thunder Shaq

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 01, 2019 4:53 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Hi all,

Last delay... I promise!

I'm so disappointed in you. Might as well just cancel the project... I'm kidding. Make any adjustments you need to, I understand not wanting to release anything you deem to be incomplete

Ha, thanks.

Yeah, it's a process, but I'll keep posting updates that I make leading up until that release date, just to show you that I'm working on it.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: D43 - Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - Release date 05/08/2019 - PC

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 02, 2019 9:51 am

The only art issue I have with the roster really is the dornas.

For all the teams in the euro spots, I like them. But I'm not a fan of having the Tissot and state farm ones on the regular team slots. I can stomach it be because the rest of the arena, floor, jersey, face art etc looks really good, but I feel like it's something I will want to get touched up down the road.

It certainly doesn't deteriate the experience, though.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

NBA2K17 Dornas edit

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu May 02, 2019 5:53 pm

Like i said before i would help you but it's impossible without the team ID :crazyeyes:

If you want to do it by yourself, here's how it works :
each team has its own file, for example with regular Bucks' dornas are called by this file : /dornas/000.iff (other languages are in /dornas/000_xx.iff)
if you open this iff file, there's slotlist.RDAT.
Open it with notepad++, slots are here. There is a slot for playoffs, one for Finals, 12 slots for regular season (some teams use less slots).
For example texture for slot00" is "dornas/generic/adidas_04.iff
you can also see that all textures have "04" in their name. I guess it's because the stadium s000.iff uses 4 panels.

I also think there are 110 dornas slots avalaible :
Code: Select all
2ksports_03.iff
2ksports_04.iff
2ksports_05.iff
2ksports_06.iff
adidas_01.iff
adidas_03.iff
adidas_04.iff
adidas_05.iff
adidas_06.iff
adidas_07.iff
dornas.lst
euroleague_03.iff
fan_duel_05.iff
finals_03.iff
finals_04.iff
finals_05.iff
finals_06.iff
finals_07.iff
flag_04.iff
foot_locker_03.iff
foot_locker_04.iff
foot_locker_05.iff
foot_locker_06.iff
foot_locker_07.iff
kia3basket.iff
kia3optima.iff
kia4basket.iff
kia4basket_vinyl.iff
kia5basket.iff
kia6basket.iff
kia7optima.iff
kia_03.iff
kia_04.iff
leaguepass6basket.iff
mitchell_and_ness_03.iff
mitchell_and_ness_04.iff
mitchell_and_ness_05.iff
mitchell_and_ness_06.iff
mitchell_and_ness_07.iff
mtn_dew_01.iff
mtn_dew_03.iff
mtn_dew_03_basket.iff
mtn_dew_04.iff
mtn_dew_04_basket.iff
mtn_dew_05_basket.iff
mtn_dew_06_basket.iff
mtn_dew_07_basket.iff
nba2k_03.iff
nba2k_04.iff
nba2k_05.iff
nba2k_06.iff
nbacares5basket.iff
nbacares6basket.iff
nbatickets3basket.iff
nbatickets4basket.iff
nbatickets5basket.iff
nbatv3basket.iff
nba_cares_03.iff
nba_stats_03.iff
nba_stats_05.iff
nba_stats_07.iff
nba_tickets_03.iff
playoffs.iff
playoffs4.iff
playoffs4basket.iff
playoffs5basket.iff
playoffs7basket.iff
socialmedia3basket.iff
socialmedia4basket.iff
socialmedia5basket.iff
socialmedia6basket.iff
socialmedia7basket.iff
spalding_03.iff
spalding_03_basket.iff
spalding_03_true.iff
spalding_04.iff
spalding_04_basket.iff
spalding_05.iff
spalding_06.iff
spalding_07.iff
stance_03.iff
stance_04.iff
stance_05.iff
stance_06.iff
stance_07.iff
statefarm_03.iff
statefarm_04.iff
statefarm_05.iff
statefarm_06.iff
statefarm_07.iff
thisiswhyweplay_01.iff
thisiswhyweplay_03.iff
thisiswhyweplay_03_basket.iff
thisiswhyweplay_04_basket.iff
thisiswhyweplay_05_basket.iff
thisiswhyweplay_06_basket.iff
thisiswhyweplay_07_basket.iff
tissot_01.iff
tissot_03_basket.iff
tissot_04.iff
tissot_04_basket.iff
tissot_05_basket.iff
tissot_06_basket.iff
turkish_airlines_03.iff
turkish_euroleague_07.iff
under_armour_03.iff
under_armour_04.iff
under_armour_05.iff
under_armour_06.iff
under_armour_07.iff
sticky-fingers

Re: D43 - Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - Release date 05/08/2019 - PC

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 05, 2019 7:11 am

Home stretch.... releasing on Wednesday.

I'll love any feedback once released.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding