Walk / Controller Glitch? (Now with Video)

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Walk / Controller Glitch? (Now with Video)

Postby wdt92 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:20 pm

So I have been playing 2K17 again more frequently, and first few games have been great. It was this last game today that I ran into something that I don't know how to fix nor have I ran into it before. I haven't touched my settings except for the automatic defense thing just to see if that was the problem after the game started this glitch. It wasn't.

Anyway, while playing, any player I control won't run or move 50% of the time. They just begin walking down the court if they'll move at all. In the last game I played, I even tried sprinting down the entire court and while it works at times, other times my player will stop in the middle of the court and turn like he's guarding someone and stop moving. This will be on offense and defense. We'll lose the entire 24 seconds at times if its player locked.

So to test and see if it was roster changes I did in my MyLeague, I even tried in just a standard play now. This glitch occurred again and I'm really unsure how to fix it. I've turned the game off and tried to restart. This also didn't fix the game's glitch.

Any advice would be amazing! Thanks!

EDIT: Video of the most minor case:
phpBB [video]

Video of the usual major case:
phpBB [video]
wdt92

Re: Walk / Controller Glitch? (Now with Video)

Postby wdt92 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:08 am

Just for some updated information: this is with every player, not just Dwight Howard. I've tried Steph, LBJ, Kyrie, AD, and all of them do this. When playing in practice mode in MyLeague, even the ball handler slows down for no reason like this and begins acting really glitchy. I thought for a moment it could be the body sensitivity being too high. So I brought that down to 0. Still doing this. As mentioned earlier, there are times where he'll stop like he's doing in the first video in that pseudo defensive stance and not move at all no matter how hard I push up on the left stick.

I have already updated my controller driver, I have reset my controller layout, I turned off the auto defense and auto block out and it plays exactly like this now in everything on the game. I've changed the sliders to default and it still is doing this. I verified my 2K files through Steam to make sure something didn't get jumbled up, and none of this has worked.

I have read in a few places that other 2Ks have experienced this issue, mostly after the lifespan of the game ran out or when 2K updates something. Links to one post about that which covers more than any other:
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball/859283-anyone-having-issues-their-controllers-player-not-responsive-4.html

To quote one user: "...But I also want to mention that there were multiple instances where fully pushing the analog stick down (broadcast view) made my player walk or jog very lightly as oppose to running."

And another from that thread: "I've had this problem since 2K15 offline as well as online. It's really annoying and most noticeable on defense. It's become unbearable in the Park. I didn't have this problem initially with 2K16, but it has returned. I thought I was the only one with this issue. A ton of input lag when using the left analog stick. There is a delay when I change directions. And I've tried multiple controllers--wired as well as wireless."

I don't want to start a conspiracy theory, but it seems to happen most after 2K updates and particularly more frequent on older 2Ks. Now on my Steam, it doesn't have anything on the product update page. It just seems very strange that everything is now doing this while earlier yesterday everything worked fine. Maybe this is all coincidence and I'm just salty cause the game is now very hard to play. Hopefully, someone has a fix for this.
wdt92

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:12 am

A couple things I want you to try. One thing I want you to keep in mind, Windows 10 has issues with some controllers.

1. Go into Device Manager and locate your controller, hit update driver. Click Browse for drivers, and select "let me pick". Choose an outdated version of your controllers driver (For me, I select 1/1/2015). Go back into the game and try again. I use an XBOX ONE wireless controller, and this fixed my movement problem.

2. If that doesn't work, go into Steam and select settings, and controller settings. Mess around with those check boxes, as sometimes if one is selected that shouldn't be, it will conflict with the way your controller works. For example, if you are using a PS4 controller, you could select the PS4 configuration box and uncheck all others.

The first option worked for me, but mine wasn't a stop and go issue, mine was the fact that I couldn't run at all (The top right and left triggers were not functioning properly). Once I backdated the driver, the controller worked perfectly.

Let me know if this helps/works.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby wdt92 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:39 pm

Dee4Three wrote:A couple things I want you to try. One thing I want you to keep in mind, Windows 10 has issues with some controllers.

1. Go into Device Manager and locate your controller, hit update driver. Click Browse for drivers, and select "let me pick". Choose an outdated version of your controllers driver (For me, I select 1/1/2015). Go back into the game and try again. I use an XBOX ONE wireless controller, and this fixed my movement problem.

2. If that doesn't work, go into Steam and select settings, and controller settings. Mess around with those check boxes, as sometimes if one is selected that shouldn't be, it will conflict with the way your controller works. For example, if you are using a PS4 controller, you could select the PS4 configuration box and uncheck all others.

The first option worked for me, but mine wasn't a stop and go issue, mine was the fact that I couldn't run at all (The top right and left triggers were not functioning properly). Once I backdated the driver, the controller worked perfectly.

Let me know if this helps/works.

So I had to do all of these things, plus I had to reinstall NBA 2K17. There is sometimes delay and sometimes it still has this glitch which I can pause and reconnect my controller to fix. I don't know if my Xbox 360 controller makes a difference to that compared to your Xbox One, or the old wireless adapter I have could also be at fault for some of the delays. I appreciate you informing me though! These were great ideas. I'm sorry for the late reply, I thought I did back then.
wdt92

Return to NBA 2K17