Biggest Problem with NBA 2K17?

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Biggest Problem with NBA 2K17?

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:12 pm

I know we've got a few topics talking about issues in NBA 2K17 and improvements we want to see in NBA 2K18, and by all means, let's keep those going. However, if you had to identify the one biggest problem in NBA 2K17 - the one thing that bothers you the most, prevents you from enjoying the game, or whatever - what would that be?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Biggest Problem with NBA 2K17?

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:12 am

Pace. So basically, the game moving closer to real life game speed. This includes getting rid of the slow motion dunk and layup animations, the slow motion dribble moves, and the players getting caught on eachother all over the court.

Pace and Flow are the most important gameplay aspects of any sports game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby CarolusXCI on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:56 am

Body models
CarolusXCI

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:03 am

Optimization
I Hate Mondays

Postby StyxTx on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:33 am

It's a 2K product. lol
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:19 am

Personally, I'd be inclined to say the biggest problem for me is that the Eco-Motion engine hasn't stamped out a lot of legacy issues. Several years and a new engine later, we're still dealing with canned moments, players getting stuck to each other and feeling like they're running in mud (though the latter has gotten a bit better), cheesy interceptions by the AI, and so on. It might sound like I'm cheating by naming multiple problems, but I think they all come under the one umbrella of "stuff that's needed to be fixed for a while, and hasn't been". It's not that there haven't been any improvements or nice additions, it's that there's a laundry list of problems with the core gameplay, and many of those issues have persisted for several releases now.

To put it another way, after maintaining its high quality for many years, the game is starting to show its age. Problems we were once more willing to overlook and be patient about, owing to our general satisfaction and the fact no game can be perfect, now lead us to ask "Really? There's nothing that can be done about that?"
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K17