Terrible All-Star Weekend Glitch (MyCAREER)

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Terrible All-Star Weekend Glitch (MyCAREER)

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:13 am

Once again, as much as I want to talk about fun stuff and share good moments, I had another very frustrating issue recently. I'm wondering if it's happened to anyone else playing MyCAREER.

Basically, I was selected for all four All-Star events that are represented in the game. Good times!

First up was the Rising Stars Challenge. It turned out quite well.

Then there was the Three-Point Shootout. Curry choked in the final round, and I managed to eke out the win. Awesome.

That was followed by the Slam Dunk Contest. That...didn't go so well.

Finally, we get to the main event, the All-Star game. I fire it up, watch all of the pre-game show and introductions to get myself in the mood, and then...this happens.

phpBB [video]

Yes, the camera is stuck, and I have no option to sim to my appearance. Strange. I exit (saving the game), then return to it, to see if the problem has resolved itself.

phpBB [video]

It has not. At this point, I decide to check the roster, to see if I'm actually on it. I mean, as indicated in the first screenshot, I was selected. Guess what? I'm not on the roster! After I sim through to the end - which results in my next game against the Sacramento Kings automatically loading for some reason, so I had to finish it first - I check the All-Star participants menu. There I am in the Rookie Stars, Three-Point Shootout, and Slam Dunk Contest. Nowhere to be found on the West All-Stars, though!

So yeah, that kind of ruined the All-Star Weekend experience for me. I'm wondering if the fact that I automatically sustained an injury as a result of a storyline choice had something to do with it, though that cutscene occurred after the Three-Point Shootout, and then I was able to play the Slam Dunk Contest as normal. Very, very frustrating, to say the least.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Terrible All-Star Weekend Glitch (MyCAREER)

Postby Kenny on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:48 pm

Interesting... that hamstring injury happened to me well after the All-Star break, so the fact it kicks in randomly is quite a big issue. I wonder what the algorithm is. Maybe you needed to trigger the "Denver Levins is having a baby" scene earlier in the season?
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Maybe so! The fact it advanced to the Kings game when I simmed to the end of the All-Star game seemed to mess the schedule up as well, as the Kings game was marked as a win on the schedule, but was still there to advance to. When I tried playing it, it went straight to the next game against the Nets.

Same thing happened with the Nets game, so I tried going to practice the next day. That seems to have sorted it out.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Seems I'm not alone. Looks like a legacy issue, too.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K17