Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K17

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K17

Postby ThePointForward on Fri May 20, 2016 4:10 pm

Keeks: Wh en my controller disconnects, it stops the game and waits for me to reconnect it and has no issues using the same controller - this looks more like a specific bug...
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby TBM on Fri May 20, 2016 5:01 pm

Dommy73 wrote:Keeks: Wh en my controller disconnects, it stops the game and waits for me to reconnect it and has no issues using the same controller - this looks more like a specific bug...

He means online. If your controller disconnects, it will work fine in offline modes like MyLeague, but not multiplayer games. It's very annoying. It happened in 2K15 too.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri May 20, 2016 5:21 pm

It does sound more like a bug than an intentional design choice, but either way, certainly worth mentioning.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Sat May 21, 2016 12:00 am

Huh, interesting. Like Andrew said, it definitely sounds like a bug anyway.

Never happened to me online (I play with cable online).
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby keeks on Mon May 23, 2016 2:11 am

1) Directional passing flat out doesnt work. 50% of the time it will go to the wrong person and its not possible to pass to someone who is behind another person without selecting them manually and taking extra time.

2) VIP stats only show your Win Loss and PPG, while you can see an opponents entire tendencies and hot zones and stuff when you play them online. But there is no way possible for you to see your own stats.. What??

3) My own players are far more efficient at setting screens than the CPU, e.g. If im defending someone taking the ball up court and my slow ass center is still taking his sweet time up court, the ball handler can use my center as a screen, and its literally BETTER than a real CPU screen because you just get stuck and there is no animation

4) Every single timeout called by either yourself, or the CPU = 7 seconds of watching your players move to the bench

5) Every inbound pass you are sitting there hitting A 50 times until the inbounder decides he can finally pass it in even though its been in his hands for 5 seconds. And before this part you have to wait for the ref to finally pass it to the inbounder and ref always takes his time.

6) Every break in action to see some stat chart even if the chart doesnt show it will still be on some random camera angle and wont skip the actual waiting, it only skips the showing of the chart which makes no fuckin sense

7) Essentially every single stoppage of play results in an unskippable animation that Ive already seen hundreds of times.

8) Play now Online doesnt force players to show jerseys, and so if you pre choose a jersey and dont show it, theres no way to know and you can end up both being white jerseys and thats the worst experience.

9) Removing the ability to react to an opponents pick in Play Now Online. Since you can no longer change your team after seeing what the other team is, everyone either pre picks the best teams or loses with a non elite team.

10) MyGm and MyLeague need improvements, very small things such as Veterans minimum contracts, and Protected picks simply do not exist in the 2k universe.

11) AI doesnt work at all. in no way shape or form does the AI play anything other than extremely simple basketball unless you call a play. On a 2 to 1 fastbreak? sounds like an easy bucket! You pass to your other player and instead of running and catching he stands still and catches it instead. Pretty sure this mechanic is literally random theres no way to know if he will keep running or stand still

12) Defensive AI also is nonexistent, defenders will literally just walk away from someone on the 3 pt line without being told to double team some random trash player who doesnt need a double team

13) Turbo cheese means you either let the CPU guard and give up easy buckets on the pick and roll or you get blown by because its not possible to guard turbo cheese

14) There are a small selection of hairstyles, and we cant even choose hairstyles that are already in the game. Not to mention that anyone with a new hairstyle since summer 2015 hasnt been updated Allen Crabbe looks retarded he would be 10x more fun to play with the blonde hair

15) MyCareer story is dog shit garbage, not one person thought this is what you meant by You Are The Story, with 1 single choice the entire time. fuck off 2k

16) MyCareer doesnt allow draft classes so you always play with ficitional players, also doesnt have GM sliders and default 2k is unrealistic with resigning players, so everyone is on a new team after their contract is up

17) Having to set my settings every single online game. No idea how you cant just save my settings and camera angle and not default them back every single game. Makes literally no sense

18) MyGM and MyLeague dont take your default settings into account, so you have to change all the rules every time you make a new league instead of it just taking the rules you have set regularly.

19) Getting stuck in animations, A lot of times I will find my player slowly walking up court celebrating while my opponent just runs the ball past him. **MY CONTROLLER ACTIONS ARE NOT SUGGESTIONS**
keeks

Postby Nick on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:59 pm

Core-level player attributes should increase as the season goes on, not just all at once in the offseason.

Various factors should come into play whether a player reaches his ceiling potential (or stays at his floor potential): team staff (development), playing time (experience), health (no/less injuries), as well as their natural upside.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby djherokiller on Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:03 am

i have alot of stuff on my wishlist but ima make this nice short, simple and sweet cause this is what everyone wants for pc

1. GET RID OF HACKERS, get an anti cheat system possibly, make it so you cant use in cheat engine, make it unhackable for pc please
2. CROSS PLATFORM, with either ps4 or xbox one or both, hopefully xbox one especially with windows 10 iteration it should be really easy
djherokiller

Postby basketballmind321 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:07 am

PLEASE NBA 2K DEVELOPMENT TEAM CAN YOU HAVE A LOOK AT THIS WISHLIST should be very easy for you guys to complete those things;) please 2k guys make it happen for nba 2k17 ;) please

My Career mode -option to use custom rosters like when you start any other modes, adjust game sliders, settings.
MYGM feauture that we had in past to talk about roster moves to improve team success, minutes, contract extensions, chemistry issues, free agency..Let us record our voice for my player, let us use cm for height and kg not American measures only.
if my player is star of the team let us recruit superstar or allstar free agents in free agency period please.
other huge thing when we create players with height from 6'6- 6'9 6'10 I want to see option to choose which position I will play for my career not cpu will tell me which positions I have to play because it depends on player skills, playing style which position he is able to play body weight and other aspects that's realistic like in real life Paul George is 6'10 guy who have SF, GUARD skills some players are 6'10 but play like a big guys because they are heavy and can't dribble those are difference so I expect to see that in nba 2k17 please.
LOCK GUARD DRIBBLE PACKAGES for Big guys if I AM 6'9'6'10 and choose to be true PF lock GUARD dribble packages please.
Game Visuals- please bring back nba 2k11 lightning it was really realistic arenas looked amazing player skin tone as well ;)
ANIMATIONS FOR NBA 2K17 -please use old nba 2k14 dribbling mechanics system it was more natural now that we have 3 signatures for each player available will be even realistic I don't know why you guys had to change to nba 2k16 system it's horrible players are very heavy and very slow that's not realistic.
ATTRIBUTES -Agility rated from ( normal, average, quick) because they are different size guys with diferent weight and body types if I create player who is 6'9, 6'10 it doesn't mean I am PF, OR CENTER.. the speed and quickness rating should be measured of weight if I am 6'10 like paul George small weight I don't want to see my player slow and slow when dribble those things should be realistic...or if I have speed 83 I don't want to see big guys can keep up with my if they speed is 45 like it is now in nba 2k16 if my player is quicker please fix this 2k I love you guys so please.
ATTRIBUTE-FLoor potential depending on team success playing minutes, if they don't deal with injurys ,,so that will affect player overall boost or decrease or will stay same for two seasons if player is playing good, get's minutes overall, after season will go up but maybe with 1, 2 points because not every player can become allstars or superstars that would balance the game to make sure that 10 generic created guys in draft are not all superstars some of them are busts some of them stars.
Availability to use sleeves headbands in all modes for your players please I don't understand why u guys locked this option in nba 2k16 please make those things available...
FEATURE-NEW FEATURE U CAN INTERACT WITH ANY PLAYER WHILE U PLAY THE GAME INCLUDING OPPOSING TEAM example I am playing my career I have Kinect...at some point in game I got switch to some superstar let's say Lebron James I can say yo lebron you now I will score on you easy or I dunk on you and cpu can respond...like cmon rook if I am rookie or u will see smacking floor with hands and scream c'mon show me what you got boy .... and if I score ..you can choose taunts( friendly or arrogant) this would make a game very realistic.
you can also call out your teammates if they are lazy on defense like screaming who is going to guard your man or c#mon work it baby d your man up stop slacking....or very harsh things like get your weak ass on weak side help me out or you can warn if screen is coming ,,,behind you when some one tries to strip teammate stuff like that would make nba 2k17 most realistic game ever.
THE BIGGEST FEAUTURE WOULD BE SAVE YOUR BEST PLAYS DURING MYCAREER LIKE IN REAL LIFE WHEN YOU RETIRE YOU CAN SEE YOUR BEST PLAYS IN HIGHLIGHT REAL MAYBE 20 PLAYS IN HIGHLIGHTREAL THAT WOULD BE AMAZING .
basketballmind321

Postby atlwarrior on Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:37 pm

difficult shot maker signature skill. only exclusive to players like steph curry, Klay thompson, j.r. smith and jamal crawford
atlwarrior

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:11 pm

atlwarrior wrote:difficult shot maker signature skill. only exclusive to players like steph curry, Klay thompson, j.r. smith and jamal crawford

Absolutely. There needs to be some attribute in the game to allow the CPU and users alike to make difficult and normally unwise shots with certain players.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:38 am

True, but guys like Steph and Klay make them pretty much consistently and with J.R. it's mostly hot or not - sometimes makes anything, other times misses everything.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby atlwarrior on Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:40 am

Yeah thats why JR Smith would have the bronze badge and Curry and Klay would be gold. Obviously JR is not going the same impact as Curry and Klay. They would make it where it is more difficult for JR to release his skill. If you give him the badge, he will still take poor shots miss or make. :D
atlwarrior

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:05 am

inb4 JR kills Warriors tonight
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:07 am

Not all players should be equal in such an ability, for sure.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:52 pm

FIFA-like training system during the season for MyLeague and MyGM. Players like CJ McCollum started at 70 something rating this season and ended up at 80 something. Almost a +10 growth. This is impossible to achieve in 2K for the moment. During the season, if your player is playing well, you get a maximum of +1 to his rating. The big growth is possible only at the end of the season. We need dynamic rating changes DURING the season, just like in real life.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:04 pm

It shouldn't happen too frequently and with too many players, though. Or at least, add a slider to control it, as with other elements of MyLEAGUE.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:13 pm

Andrew wrote:It shouldn't happen too frequently and with too many players, though. Or at least, add a slider to control it, as with other elements of MyLEAGUE.

Agree. If you are familiar to the FIFA games, their training system has a number of slots. You have to chose whether you use those slots on the same players over and over again(therefore have a big overall increase but only for those players), or you use the slots on different players almost all the time(as a result, more player will improve, but the growth won't be significant). It looks like a fair system to me.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Nick on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:20 pm

I hate Mondays wrote:FIFA-like training system during the season for MyLeague and MyGM. Players like CJ McCollum started at 70 something rating this season and ended up at 80 something. Almost a +10 growth. This is impossible to achieve in 2K for the moment. During the season, if your player is playing well, you get a maximum of +1 to his rating. The big growth is possible only at the end of the season. We need dynamic rating changes DURING the season, just like in real life.

Agreed. And if they implement this, then there should be an equal opposite on either side, i.e. people lose ratings during the season too, be it through injury or just a slump in form.
Which reminds me, 2k should implement "form" into 2k. Soccer games have correctly been doing this for years. I don't know why it never carried over into basketball games. Every athlete goes through peaks and valleys of form.

Dommy73 wrote:True, but guys like Steph and Klay make them pretty much consistently and with J.R. it's mostly hot or not - sometimes makes anything, other times misses everything.

That's where attributes come in.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Taddis on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:44 pm

Eliminate cheating in PC version please, Cheat Engine shouldn't work in online modes period . All I'm asking for 2k17.
Taddis

Postby BronBron06 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:30 pm

1.) PROPER KEYBOARD SUPPORT UNLIKE 2k16, my finger hurts alot using controller dunno why.

2.)Fix Directional Passing, its too crappy and slow during fast break or passing too far when guy is wide open
BronBron06

Postby Nick on Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:33 pm

2 NEW BADGES: P&R STOPPER + DEFENSIVE COG

With the modern NBA becoming more about pick&rolls and sophisticated defensive switching/rotating schemes, there's now 2 key badges that are missing:
  • P&R STOPPER: A badge for players who are particularly adept to defending the pick&roll
  • DEFENSIVE COG: And a badge for players who are particularly locked in when it comes to a being an effective cog within a team's defensive rotation scheme. I.e. being uber aware on constant switches etc. It's a huge element in today's NBA

Be great to have those in 2k17. Players who can defend either the roller or the ball handler in the pick and roll (think Winslow, WCS, Draymond, Adams, T.Thompson, etc) are a hugely valuable and sought after asset today. And good defense today is now all about how much of a well-oiled defense the team is as one unit (quick switches,rotations,etc), so having players that are more aware in this element is key too.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Nick on Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:36 pm

2 NEW "DYNAMIC" ATTRIBUTES

Form & Experience.

I've noticed a trend where people have to manipulate a players' attributes in order to give them a lower or higher overall rating. In reality the thing that really changes is their playing time. In a league where opportunity = production, and more minutes = opportunity, this isn't really a realistic way to go about it. Just because CJ McCollum got more minutes last year doesn't mean we should bump his athleticism up 10 points. He has the same athleticism as always.

So my solution is to add 2 new attributes that are wildly dynamic throughout the season that affect the overall rating: Form & Experience.

Form is pretty self explanitory. You could also call it "rhythm". You could also call it "confidence". (Actually i think confidence might be the better term). It is completely dynamic, so it can change from 25 to 80 in the space of a couple of weeks. Various things should affect it: player personalities, team chemistry, injuries, good games, bad games, staff comments to the media, etc. "Form" should have a significant affect on the overall rating. It should fluctuate below the core overall rating as well as above.

Then the Experience rating is based on how many minutes a player has played in his career. The more experience a player has, the less he is affected by the "form" swings. The more stablized it becomes. The less susceptible the player is to dropping in confidence/rhythm.

^ So then these two new dynamic attributes work together in tandem as a way of managing a player's consistency.
So we can change "offensive and defensive consistency" attributes, back to awareness.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby diamenz on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:26 pm

i really hope 2k focused on plain ol' basketball fundamentals and tuning gameplay. i hope they tackled legacy issues, and addressed the clunky player movement and sticky animations on the perimeter. driving to the basket in this game can be so frustrating because of the clunkiness... or maybe i'm just bad at it.

i'd also like my teammates to be smarter on defense.
diamenz

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:46 pm

Nick wrote:2 NEW "DYNAMIC" ATTRIBUTES

Form & Experience.

I've noticed a trend where people have to manipulate a players' attributes in order to give them a lower or higher overall rating. In reality the thing that really changes is their playing time. In a league where opportunity = production, and more minutes = opportunity, this isn't really a realistic way to go about it. Just because CJ McCollum got more minutes last year doesn't mean we should bump his athleticism up 10 points. He has the same athleticism as always.

So my solution is to add 2 new attributes that are wildly dynamic throughout the season that affect the overall rating: Form & Experience.

Form is pretty self explanitory. You could also call it "rhythm". You could also call it "confidence". (Actually i think confidence might be the better term). It is completely dynamic, so it can change from 25 to 80 in the space of a couple of weeks. Various things should affect it: player personalities, team chemistry, injuries, good games, bad games, staff comments to the media, etc. "Form" should have a significant affect on the overall rating. It should fluctuate below the core overall rating as well as above.

Then the Experience rating is based on how many minutes a player has played in his career. The more experience a player has, the less he is affected by the "form" swings. The more stablized it becomes. The less susceptible the player is to dropping in confidence/rhythm.

^ So then these two new dynamic attributes work together in tandem as a way of managing a player's consistency.
So we can change "offensive and defensive consistency" attributes, back to awareness.

:applaud: Let's get this to the 2k team
I Hate Mondays

Postby Nick on Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:03 pm

HOT/COLD METERS

There's an advantage and disadvantage to every strategy in the NBA. One of the advantages to isolation plays is that it's a low turnover risk play, and it can be useful for taking advantage of smaller defenders. The disadvantage is that it doesn't put as much pressure on the overall team defense and that it can make your teammates go cold / out of rhythm because they're not involved in the offense (think Ibaka in OKC). Isolation is generally considered a bad strategy for the overall lack of team involvement. Because as we know, it's much harder to defend 5 players in sync than 1.
It would be cool to have the latter element reflected in the NBA.

Bring back effective dribble moves, but make it so that the decision for a person to play iso ball sacrifices the offensive rhythm of their teammates. Maybe have little metres above the player's head.

The less touches/shots a player gets, the more cold he gets. The more touches/shots, the more hot. Obviously badges factor into this too, but the effectiveness of team ball should be reflected.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17