Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K17

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K17

Postby buzzy on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:59 am

Fix the overhelping. Too many times the player I’m controlling is not being recognized as the defender guarding the ball handler which makes A CPU controlled player of my team run towards the ball and ruining my defensive possession. This especially happens way too often in P&R situations.

Faster inbounds. Make the guy that gets the ball out of the basket step out and inbound the ball in one smooth animation. If not him, make him quickly pass to somebody who already is out of bounds.
I can not stand the animation of a player standing out of bounds getting ball and passing to the determined inbounder (effectively inbounding the ball) who is still inbounds and then runs out of bounds to start the actual inbounding animation. It looks dumb and is illegal.

Don’t count the basket if an offensive foul is called on an off ball player during a shot attempt.

Add 3 Point celebrations to the player edit menu. Also headbands.

Combine existing pregame cutscenes and make them selectable. For example None/National Anthem/Player Introductions/Full

Change the Run Quick Play button back to a shoulder button. Moving the left thumbstick to bring the ball up court and having to press the D-Pad at the same time to call is simply impractical.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby StyxTx on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:01 am

Here's a novel idea. How about a game that doesn't need to be patched and updated every day?????? You know, a game that works!
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:02 am

buzzy wrote:Don’t count the basket if an offensive foul is called on an off ball player during a shot attempt.

That is actually how the rule works, oddly. That's something the NBA itself needs to change. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TBM on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:10 pm

StyxTx wrote:Here's a novel idea. How about a game that doesn't need to be patched and updated every day?????? You know, a game that works!

This is a clear example of nonconstructive criticism. Almost all of your posts are you jerking off to Live, and in your one post in the 2K section, you say basically "LOL 2K SUCKS".

And to talk about a game that needs updates? How are those BIG Moments treating you in Live?

Basically, be constructive or don't bother posting here. Especially in a wishlist thread.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Cyber007x on Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:03 pm

Fix the controller so that the game recognizes the controller if you started the game before turning on the controller or worst yet, batteries dies in the middle of game and you cant get it to work again afterwards unless you start over
Cyber007x

Postby StyxTx on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:26 am

TBM wrote:
StyxTx wrote:Here's a novel idea. How about a game that doesn't need to be patched and updated every day?????? You know, a game that works!

This is a clear example of nonconstructive criticism. Almost all of your posts are you jerking off to Live, and in your one post in the 2K section, you say basically "LOL 2K SUCKS".

And to talk about a game that needs updates? How are those BIG Moments treating you in Live?

Basically, be constructive or don't bother posting here. Especially in a wishlist thread.

That is constructive, maybe not to you but since what you think has no bearing on my life....

I have a hell of a lot of games, none of which need patches or updates every day. It's basically developers of 2k admitting they have no idea how to make a working game.

Wait, maybe you're right. Asking for a game that actually works isn't constructive at all. lol
StyxTx

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:11 pm

"Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one."
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Nick on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:04 am

It could be an interesting idea to break the 'potential' rating into two: ceiling & floor. So a young athlete might have a high ceiling in the late 80's but a low floor in the low 70's, whereas an older more proven player might have a lower upside but have a higher floor therefore making it a safer pick.

And whether or not a player reaches their cieiling depends on: injury/health, how much playing time they get, whether they get the right developmental coaches/schedules/factors.

This would make it so not EVERY single player reaches their full potential, thus saturating the league in later years of MyLeague/MyGm. Not every player in the NBA reaches their full potential, for a variety of reasons
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby basketballmind321 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:53 am

it's been a while since I been here I would like to apologise DEVS for offensive language here I was upset way to much I really sorry. SO I would like to ask if it's possible for Next year Please Dear Devs put feature in my career like it was in nba 2k14 you can meet gm ...talk about how u feeling...or GM would ask you which players to get in free agency or in trade deadline or during a season to improve winning record ...or you can talk about team mates....because this year that was the biggest upset for mycareer I even had to leave team I wanted to play for long time...but they were not getting better core players or doing any moves like blockbuster trades....and you have no control this years nba 2k16 to do something about that..so if this feature will be back in nba 2k17 would be great.

START my CAREER with customised roster.....and your own gameplay sliders and settings ..because in this forum actually they are very good gameplay slider makers...so why not let peoplelike that to shine????

PLEASE DEAR DEVS AND 2ksports team pay attention to basketball rules as well I played hundreds of games and there is one thing that drives me crazy in nba 2k16 if you go for layup and you are in the air and defender makes contact in the air with you trying to block you shot it's a FOUL!! But in game from 20 times maybe I will get whistle maybe 1x and that's absolute bizzar...even defender don't block you and make contact in the air it's still a foul so please do better job on that...and cpu stands in paint for at least 7 seconds..all the time ...and I'm not talking about big guys but about guards...many times trying to back my player down or looking around where to pass...
I played myself basketball 15 years I know what I m talking about ;) player can be in paint with one leg and other leg out of paint line in that case you can't count three seconds on guard...ask Michael Jordan because he is part of nba 2kfamily for many years now! And there is to much saging of from great three point shooters way to much...three point line is almost all the time undefended in this year...that's very bad..very bad...so any chance to improve on those things would be appreciated I am sure people will like those things not only me but million peoples who buy a game every year!
basketballmind321

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:26 am

Nick wrote:It could be an interesting idea to break the 'potential' rating into two: ceiling & floor. So a young athlete might have a high ceiling in the late 80's but a low floor in the low 70's, whereas an older more proven player might have a lower upside but have a higher floor therefore making it a safer pick.

And whether or not a player reaches their cieiling depends on: injury/health, how much playing time they get, whether they get the right developmental coaches/schedules/factors.

This would make it so not EVERY single player reaches their full potential, thus saturating the league in later years of MyLeague/MyGm. Not every player in the NBA reaches their full potential, for a variety of reasons

I like it. Do you opt for the player who's more likely to at least be a dependable role player, or the guy who could be a superstar but just as easily a huge bust who never comes close to realising his potential? A challenging and realistic scenario to face.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby basketballmind321 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:37 am

I also like Nicks idea something similar I was thinking myself but you described to perfection bud ;) that would make nba 2k game probably most realistic basketball game ever over any other sportsgame ;) I think no one ever done it with sportsgames so far.

Nick any player attribute ideas?? or player tendency?
basketballmind321

Postby Nick on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:56 pm

basketballmind321 wrote:Nick any player attribute ideas?? or player tendency?

Yep. I think there should be a "leak out" attribute, which determines how quickly a player reacts to begin running in transition. It shouldn't weigh too heavily on the overall rating though, as leaking out is a sacrifice of collecting rebounds anyway. And the coaching system should have a slider for which positions (SF,SG,etc) leak out and which ones rebound, adjustable for both offense and defense (in the same way that choosing defensive matchups is adjustable)

I also think they should introduce negative badges, to represent poor gamestyle habits, or personality traits.
I.e. a player might dribble the ball too long. Or have poor shot selection. Or party too much off the court. Or be lazy off court. Or affect teammates chemistry negatively in some way.
E.g. The Houston Rockets are really good in 2k16, but their attributes are accurate enough. They are talented. But they're having a bad season in the NBA despite that talent. And if we had negative badges then we could reflect that in 2k properly.

I also think they should add one thing to a player's ambition: playing time. Maybe call it "opportunity". Right now we have Financial ambition, loyalty, and play for winner. These are all great but is missing one large ingredient that should overarch them all: Often young players are at a stage in their career where they feel they need to prove themselves, and the only way to do that is by getting minutes. "Opportunity" should be a dynamic rating that reduces as they get older or they prove themselves. I.e. Dion Waiters' "opportunity" ambition would be like 95 right now. Whereas people like David West and other veteran ring chasers would have near a 0.

There should also be more depth to the media side of things. The social media thing is honestly pretty silly and i doubt anyone actually pays any attention to it. What purpose does it serve? None. There's no depth. Instead, there should be a "Headlines" section that represents the proper media and displays what storylines are in the NBA (i.e. ESPN type stuff, then the blog nerd type stuff, then the casual fanboy stuff, all things media, but not twitter!!!). And as a GM, we should be able to comment/react to certain media headlines, and the players should be reacting to the various headlines and my reactions to the headlines depending on their personality types. Players' morale and chemistry can be impacted positively or negatively based on their reactions. Players should be reacting in all kinds of ways to the happenings of the league. And the media should be explaining to us, the gamer, what is happening behind the scenes of the MyLeague engine, in a sense.
Which brings me to my next idea...

I also think they should expand the "personalities" side of things. Right now it's very cut and dry (laid back, expressive, friendly, high work ethic, etc). Good start. We need to make a larger palette. More colour. The player personalities should affect the way they play on the court, the type of body language they exhibit in their animations in games (reacting to refs, plays, etc), how they perform in training, how they interact with their teammates and GM, how they react to stuff the GM says/does, team chemistry, how they interact with the media and how happy they are on the team.

The more compatible the personalities on the team, the the better the affect on team chemistry.

There should be either be: A) Negative badges for negative personality types, or B) a slider for personality traits. (i.e. binary "on" or "off" isn't enough).
Maybe negative badges be coloured red, orange and yellow for their varying degrees of strength. Orange and yellow might be too similar too bronze and gold, so maybe change the positive ones to grey, blue, green?? Or maybe the positive ones can have varying shadres of green, and the negative ones can have varying shades of red?

Here are some personality trait ideas (this took me about 2-3 hours to write)...

Positive:
--Professional (gets the job done, coachable, disciplined... less likely to become unhappy with high training workload, less likely to be negatively affected by less minutes (both in terms of morale and development), less likely to have off-court distractions, tends to develop better and retain attributes for longer after their peak. flip side = "wild child" badge)
--Onus (a player who's willing to take accountability; takes the blame... neutralises the affects of players who blame others to varying degrees, provides boosts to team chemistry (flip side = "blame game" badge))
--Fortitude (able to handle pressure and adversity better... morale is less likely to be negatively affected by losing, poor form, high expectations, or when they are criticized/blamed by players, media, or GM... (flip side = Nerves badge))
--Composed (Calm state of mind that isn't affected by external sources... less likely to commit fouls or make mistakes after unfavorable ref decisions, losing, or being blamed. Development is less likely to be affected by low morale. (flip side = Temper badge))
--Driven (wants to achieve success... more likely to develop better, and also more likely to have positive impact on team chemistry when wins happen, but also more likely to want to leave a lower reputation team for a higher reputation team, and also more likely to be negatively affected by trades that send away core players, or fails to sign high profile players. (flip side = Indifferent)

Negative:
--Wild Child (thinks others will do things for him, self-indulgent, hard to coach... responds poorly to high training workload, more likely to be negatively affected by less minutes (both in terms of morale and development), more likely to have off-court distractions, tends to develop slower and lose attributes faster)
--Blame Game (no accountability; blames and criticises to others... more likely to criticize GM in media when things are going badly which can reduce team chemistry, or blame teammates which reduces player morale)
--Anxiety (doesn't respond well to pressure and adversity... morale is more likely to be negatively affected by losing, poor form, high expectations, and being blamed)
--Temper (ego problem, becomes angered and loses discipline... more likely to commit fouls or make mistakes after unfavorable ref decisions, when losing, or when being blamed... development is more likely to be negatively affected by poor morale)
--Indifferent (not as driven/motivated by success... less likely to develop better, and less likely to have positive impact on team chemistry when wins happen, less likely to be affected by trades, less likely to want to leave for higher reputation team)

Neutral:
--Self-orientated (respects himself, confidence player... morale is more affected by his own form, rather than team results... more likely to sign with a team who will give him playing time)
--Team-orientated (respects authority, buys in to the team... morale is more affected by winning and losing, rather than his own form... more likely to sign for a winning team)
^ note: can't be both
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:18 am

Considering how big social media is these days, I think it's only appropriate that it's represented in some form as part of the whole presentation and experience. Playing MyCAREER in NBA 2K13, I found it added to the immersive nature of the mode, being a bit of a fun touch. I'm all in favour of expanding the in-game media content beyond social media, though.

Negative badges are another fine idea, as they'd add some instability for inconsistent, unreliable, and mercurial players. However, I do wonder if they're a bit limited in what they can do there, since it could be seen as insulting towards the players, and spotlighting negative aspects of their personalities that the league doesn't want to be seen to glamorise or make a big deal out of.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Nick on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:17 am

Andrew wrote:Negative badges are another fine idea, as they'd add some instability for inconsistent, unreliable, and mercurial players. However, I do wonder if they're a bit limited in what they can do there, since it could be seen as insulting towards the players, and spotlighting negative aspects of their personalities that the league doesn't want to be seen to glamorise or make a big deal out of.

Interesting thought. My thinking is that everybody is human and it's normal to have a negative badge, but i see what you mean about NBA wanting to protect its image. Maybe 2k can name the negative badges in a nicer way than I.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby basketballmind321 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:54 am

I like it I would like to see new attributes called mental mindset, floor mindset, it's more like for pressure situations in offense and in defense when to attack, decision making, defending with low 60-65 rating guy would be poor decision maker with ball, turnover proun ....would shy away from contact to attack ...you would see this attribute decrease for player who had serious injuries like derrick rose because he won't be so fierce to attack would be more grounded and carefull also for veteran guys who been in league at least 12 years this would effect players character and chemistry during my career as well.. that's shorter version of your badges Nick but I feel you man ;) not bad ideas very detailed description.
basketballmind321

Postby Elias10 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:17 am

Presentation: The presentation in 2k17 needs to be revamped. There needs to be a full TNT license for 2k17 with the whole crew including Charles Barkley. The in game commentary needs to be done by the TNT crew and the scoreboard should be a replica of the TNT scoreboard. The transitions and replays also need to be identical to the TNT transitions similar to what NBA live has going with their ESPN license, 2K needs to have a TNT license in place for 2K17.
Elias10

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:34 am

Nick wrote:
Andrew wrote:Negative badges are another fine idea, as they'd add some instability for inconsistent, unreliable, and mercurial players. However, I do wonder if they're a bit limited in what they can do there, since it could be seen as insulting towards the players, and spotlighting negative aspects of their personalities that the league doesn't want to be seen to glamorise or make a big deal out of.

Interesting thought. My thinking is that everybody is human and it's normal to have a negative badge, but i see what you mean about NBA wanting to protect its image. Maybe 2k can name the negative badges in a nicer way than I.

I completely agree, but you know how the NBA can be about these things. As you said, perhaps they can get creative in naming those badges.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby basketballmind321 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:05 pm

Ok I made my finale wishlist conclusion that's my final update with all ideas I read here so this is what I would love to see in next years nba 2k17
hope development team are taking notes ;)
This is my nba 2k17 wishlist for nba 2development team

+give people option please to load, game sliders, settings and custom rosters for mycareer mode, they are plenty people who make very realistic sliders that can contribute to next years game why no let those people shine and we all get more fun and realistic gaming experience also please include mygm like it was in past where you can go and talk about getting players, chemistry issues, contract extensions etc like it was in past series versions it's real life as well.

+Lock guard dribble packages for Bigman I don't want to see ever again 7 feet tall guys doing jamal Crawford crossovers or derrick rose crossover, let them maybe use basic guard moves, for big guys who are more agile like Julius Randle for example.

+ speed and quickness is still issue every year with the guards you can't crossover big guys like bogut, varejao which is not realistic if player quickness and speed is twice higher then any big guy in the game it shouldn't be problem blow by the speed or quickness because only way how to stop speedy, quick players is force direction like out of bounds or where are other teammates traping them exact like in real life so this system needs to be fixed 2k please.

+ which means dribble system revamp because it feels stiff there is no flow between ballhandler and ball feels like u would be stuck in animation...but it shouldn't be like that in nba 2k14 people had freedom to crossover which way we wanted, just players didn't had 3 signatures so system itself was very good I don't know why it should be changed, please bring it back.

+ New attribute Floor mentality, which means offensive, defensive breakdowns for player who would have low rating in this new attribute you would see things like in offense poor decision making, passing, reading defense, forcing things, would shy away to attack in paint because of contact this also can go for players who had serious injuries in past like derrick rose you won't see him be so fierce attacker in paint because of his injury history this attribute would also affect veteran players who are over 32 or 37 you wont see them playing like they still 20 year old includes big guys as well... so I think this attribute would balance the game.
Players with maybe cap 70-and higher would have a better consistency in offense,defense because of that they would be more confident...less careless in decision making, better shot selection, help defense.

+ This is not mine idea but I support this idea It could be an interesting idea to break the 'potential' rating into two: ceiling & floor. So a young athlete might have a high ceiling in the late 80's but a low floor in the low 70's, whereas an older more proven player might have a lower upside but have a higher floor therefore making it a safer pick.

And whether or not a player reaches their ceiling depends on: injury/health, how much playing time they get, whether they get the right developmental coaches/schedules/factors.
This would make it so not EVERY single player reaches their full potential, thus saturating the league in later years of MyLeague/MyGm. Not every player in the NBA reaches their full potential, for a variety of reasons.

+ threepoint shot cap not everyone can be steph curry type of shooter or Reggie Miller type of player so depending on they play style cap for threepoint shot will change if my pg is pass first cap should be max maybe 76, for slashers/ athletic players max cap 73.6 because you see players shooting in same % mostly during their career one year is 32% next year 36 average per career 34.6 something like this.
if they are pure shooters and they have good form, and they quick in spot up shooting, creating space cap should go between 83-87 not higher for more realistic experience.

So please nba 2Kdevelopment team can we all together achieve this for next years nba 2k17 then this game will be the most realistic sports game ever created I truly believe in this
basketballmind321

Postby Nick on Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:16 pm

Just had some extended thought on the badges + potential talk after listening to the podcast, thought i'd add it here.

In terms of player development, my thinking is that there has to be SOME sort of way that you can work with a player that has a negative badge(s). When managing your team there has to be an answer to that problem somewhere. Even if it is a minimal difference. And that's where staff badges come in.

So player personality badges (be it positive or negative) would have an impact on whether a player reaches their ceiling or not, but in the NBA a good developmental coach can make all the difference (for better or for worse). So i would add some more badges to staff members that interact with particular personality badges.

Particularly within the field of player development, i would add badges to staff that either extinguish or exacerbate the player badges that affect development. Hell, maybe add a new staff member altogether that is focused solely on player development? Don't know, but i digress.
For example...
Positive staff badgers:
--Mediator (a coach who can reduce the affects of players with the negative "blame game" badge (that i mentioned above))
--Motivator (a coach who can inspire players who can't self-regulate/discipline themselves, and reduce the negative affects of players with "Wild Child" or "Indifferent" badges, also adds boosts to team chemistry. Think Spoelstra, Carlisle, Rivers)
--Carer (a coach who is kind of like a therapist who can talk to players who struggle with pressure and adversity, reduces affects of "Anxiety" badge.)
--Respected / Leader (i was trying to think of what could reduce the affects of someone with the "Temper" badge and this is the best i could come up with. And also positively affects the form of the team's star players)
--Believer (a coach who instills a lot of confidence in their players, so the form of role players gets boosts. Steve Kerr would have this one. So would Pop. Faith is a powerful energy)
EDIT: new v
--Comrade (a coach who gets players to buy into the system... i.e. in the game he can turn players with "self-orientated" badges into "team-orientated". Think Popovich. His whole team are team-orientated... maybe there can be a player badge that does this too... like "Leader")

^ I.e. coaches like Mark Jackson and Doc Rivers (who are player coaches) would have Motivator and Respected badges, but might not be as savvy with the X's and O's

Negative staff badgers:
--Critical (maybe this isn't negative necessarily, but it could have a negative affect on players with the "Anxiety" badge and "Temper" badge... at the same time maybe it has positive affects on the development of players with the "Fortitude" or "Composed" badge ??)
--Unprofessional / Enabler (someone who exacerbates bad habits... so a "Wild Child" would party more, or an "Indifferent" guy would get less motivated. it would have no affect on "Professional" and "Driven" guys though)
--Poor communicator? (Byron Scott, Scott Skiles)
--Non-believer?

(note that the affects of staff badges should only be minimal. If a player has a particular personality trait then that should be the dominant force in their development)

Also, right now staff attributes are: Offense, Defense, Potential... i think there should be more added to it. For example, player development should be an attribute for every coach. So if your team is in rebuild mode then you might hire a coach who isn't necessarily good on offense or defense but his PLAYER DEVELOPMENT is great, so he's a perfect candidate.

Random wish:
I would also like to see staff badges added to MyLeague mode.
Last edited by Nick on Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:42 pm

That's a fine idea too. We've often seen troublesome players thrive in the right system, with a coach who can keep them in check and get the best out of them despite being hot-headed or whatever. Staff Badges would be a great way of reflecting that in NBA 2K.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Nick on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:44 pm

Can't. Stop. Thinking. About. Personality. Badges.

Here are the players that i could imagine having certain badges (remember that the badges should have varying degrees, so some will have more weight than others)...

Positive:
--Professional (gets the job done, coachable, disciplined... less likely to become unhappy with high training workload, less likely to be negatively affected by less minutes, within reason (both in terms of morale and development), less likely to have off-court distractions, tends to develop better and retain attributes for longer after their peak. flip side = "wild child" badge)
Steph Curry, David Lee, Jae Crowder, Paul Millsap, Kyle Korver, Taj Gibson, Joakim Noah (might have a small degree of Wild Child as well though haha), LeBron James, Kevin Love, Wesley Matthews, Tobias Harris, Harrison Barnes, Andrew Bogut, Luol Deng, Chris Bosh, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Kevin Durant, PJ Tucker, Tyson Chandler, CJ McCollum, Manu Ginobili, all of the Spurs, DeMarre Carroll, Otto Porter, Jared Dudley, Shane Battier, Udonis Haslem, Kendrick Perkins, Tayshaun Prince, Nick Collison
--Onus (a player who's willing to take accountability; takes the blame... neutralises the affects of players who blame others to varying degrees, provides boosts to team chemistry (flip side = "blame game" badge))
LeBron James, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard, Tim Duncan, Kyle Lowry, Kevin Garnett, Steph Curry, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Kendrick Perkins,
--Fortitude (able to handle pressure and adversity better... morale is less likely to be negatively affected by losing, poor form, high expectations, or when they are criticized/blamed by players, media, or GM... (flip side = Nerves badge))
Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, LeBron James, Wade, Kobe, Harden, Durant, Westbrook, Lillard, Crowder, Marcus Smart, Stanley Johnson, Justice Winslow, Matt Barnes, Tony Allen, Jabari Parker, Jason Terry, Kendrick Perkins
--Composed (Calm state of mind that isn't affected by external sources... less likely to commit fouls or make mistakes after unfavorable ref decisions, losing, or being blamed. Development is less likely to be affected by low morale. (flip side = Temper badge))
Lillard, Bosh, Kawhi, Hayward, Horford, Millsap, Crowder, Batum, Pau Gasol, Kyrie, Love, Dirk, Jarret Jack? Justice Winslow, D'Angelo Russell, Tyus Jones, Tyler Ulis
--Driven (ambitious players with a fire inside who want so badly to achieve success... more likely to develop better, and also more likely to have positive impact on team chemistry when wins happen, but also more likely to want to leave a lower reputation team for a higher reputation team, and also more likely to be negatively affected by trades that send away core players, or fails to sign high profile players. (flip side = Indifferent)
LeBron, Love, David West, Jaokim Noah, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Wade, Rose, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Kyle Lowry, Marcus Smart, Jimmy Butler, Rose, Kobe, Dirk, Draymond, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Paul Pierce, Marc Gasol, Karl Towns, Westbrook, Durant, PJ Tucker, Lillard, Manu, Wall, Stanley Johnson, Justice Winslow, Tony Allen, Jabari Parker, Kendrick Perkins, Mario Hezonja

Amir Johnson needs some sort of positive personality badge but i'm not sure what. Maybe as "communicator"? or "chemistry" guy... actually, you know what? That gives me another idea for a badge...

--Alchemist (chemistry guy, good for team cameraderie, good communicator... adds significant boosts to team chemistry... lessens the affect of things that reduce player morale?)
Amir Johnson, Jared Dudley, Chandler Parsons, Kendrick Perkins, JR Smith, Shane Battier, LeBron James, Kevin Garnett, Jason Terry, Patty Mills, Kent Bazemore, Robert Sacre, Cameron Payne, Nick Young? Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala, Barbosa and/or Livingston? Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Joakim Noah, DeAndre Jordan, Tony Allen, Zach Randolph, Mike Miller, Undonis Haslem, Steve Nash, OJ Mayo, Wes Johnson? Randy Foye? Ish Smith, Rudy Gay? DeMar DeRozan,

Negative:
--Wild Child (thinks others will do things for him, self-indulgent, hard to coach... responds poorly to high training workload, more likely to be negatively affected by less minutes (both in terms of morale and development), more likely to have off-court distractions, tends to develop slower and lose attributes faster)
James Harden, Nick Young, JR Smith, Ty Lawson, Mike Scott, PJ Hairston, Lance Stephenson? (or is lance more indifferent), Brandon Jennings? Michael Beasley,
--Blame Game (no accountability; blames and criticises to others... more likely to criticize GM in media when things are going badly which can reduce team chemistry, or blame teammates which reduces player morale)
Dwight Howard, James Harden, Markieff Morris, Boogie Cousins, Dion Waiters, either Greg Monroe or Khris Middleton (there's something going on there), Chris Paul,
--Anxiety (doesn't respond well to pressure and adversity... morale is more likely to be negatively affected by losing, poor form, high expectations, and being blamed... loses confidence/form easier than others)
Roy Hibbert, Delonte West, Gerald Green, Andrew Nicholson, Hasheem Thabeet, Willie Cauley-Stein (although WCS is more just my personal perception/hunch), Royce White, Larry Sanders,
--Temper (ego problem, becomes angered and loses discipline... more likely to commit fouls or make mistakes after unfavorable ref decisions, when losing, or when being blamed... development is more likely to be negatively affected by poor morale)
Boogie Cousins, Draymond Green, Blake Griffin, Rasheed Wallace, Markieff Morris, Metta World Peace, Matt Barnes, Hassan Whiteside
--Indifferent (not as driven/motivated by success, less invested, less passion... less likely to develop better, and less likely to have positive impact on team chemistry when wins happen, less likely to be affected by trades, less likely to want to leave for higher reputation team)
Nick Young, Andrew Bynum, Jahlil Okafor, Josh Smith, Javale McGee, Andrew Wiggins? Ben Simmons? Tyreke Evans? Rudy Gay? Larry Sanders,

Neutral:
--Team-orientated (respects authority, buys in to the team, willing to sacrifice... morale is more affected by winning and losing, rather than his own form... more likely to sign for a winning team)
Jared Dudley, PJ Tucker, Tyson Chandler, Jeremy Lin, Gerald Henderson, The whole Spurs team, Joe Ingles, Otto Porter, Teague/Millsap/Horford/Korver, Jae Crowder, Taj Gibson, Joakim Noah, Tony Allen, Dirk, Most of the Warriors team, Beverley, George Hill, JJ Redick, Conley & Gasol, Chris Bosh, Josh McRoberts, Luol Deng, Ricky Rubio, Kevin Garnett, Anthony Davis, Kendrick Perkins, Jose Calderon, Durant, Steven Adams, Nick Collison, Serge Ibaka, Andre Roberson, Aaron Gordon, CJ McCollum, Al-Farouq Aminu, Mason Plumlee, Darren Collison, DeMarre Carroll, Patrick Patterson, Delon Wright, Gordon Hayward,
--Self-orientated (wants to prove himself, confidence player,... morale is more affected by his own form, rather than team results... more likely to sign with a team who will give him playing time)
Dion Waiters, Lance Stephenson, Archie Goodwin, Jahlil Okafor, Kelly Oubre, Kyrie Irving, Josh Smith, Michael Beasley, Nick Young, Julius Randle? Probably D'Angelo Russell for the moment, Shabazz Muhammad? Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Williams, Kanter, Brandon Jennings, DeMarcus Cousins? Rudy Gay? Trey Burke, Markieff Morris? Kelly Oubre,

^note: can't be both. and players can grow from self-orientated to team-orientated occassionally once they've proved themselves in the league. In the NBA younger unproven players are generally are more self-orientated, while veteran players who have established themselves are generally more willing to sacrifice. it's a fine balance.
Maybe make it so there's a staff badge that can turn self-orientated vets into team-orientated (like Popovich), or maybe even a player badge called "Leader" or "General" or something

Damn, i just spent another few hours on that.
Last edited by Nick on Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:49 pm

I'd probably be inclined to give Dwight Howard the "Indifferent" Badge.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunderfan on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:05 am

I have a few suggestions for NBA 2k17 for the gameplay not so much online modes and park

1. The play movement should be fixed the player motion isn't realistic

2.Every player should have there own realistic shot,free-throw,layup, and dribble moves

3. all player faces should be realistic and skin color should be the actual players skin color the texture should be the same as real life

4. They should add hairstyles for every player on all team rosters so every hairstyle that certain play had you can change it like derrick rose for example he had his hair grown out then he cut it low so they should add that in next game also players who have there hair like odell beckham Jr also should be added

5. Player jerseys there should be a section where you can change the way players wear there jerseys whether players wear there jersey tight or loose or tucked in the front and the back of the jersey isn't tucked like kyrie irving for example

6. also they should add a option where you can give every player a different shoe for every jersey there is because not every player wears the same shoe or shoe color for every jersey like home jerseys away jerseys and alternative jerseys

7. Also shoes I know 2k respects shoe contracts but players who wear Jordan's should be able to wear Nike's also and that goes for players who wear Nike's too cause players tend to switch from Nike to jordan like Jordan Clarkson and john wall and Josh richarson

8. Also for shoes again in the shot editing section add every shoe to edit like J.crossovers ,wades li-ning,and peak shoes for ex: jamal Crawford wheres blue or black shoes for home and people can't edit his shoes

9.Graphics- graphics is key for NBA 2k17 because 2k16 and 2k15 graphics were kind of cartoony 2k14 had one of the best graphics in my opinion but graphics definitely need to be enhanced I think players would really feel more excited if graphics were also near real life.

10. Gameplay again there should be more real life crowd noises the crowd should be always making noise and timeout add coaches going in on there players yelling and drawing gameplans like coach popavich don't add the fake assistant coach like 2k16 has

11. Another thing for gameplay you should be able to shoot around with your team and do layups for like a min or a couple secs before the game I think this would make players feel like they have the real nba experience

12. Also player chatter players should be talking on the court real nba voices and there should be player talking smack not like profanity but like if a player blocks the mess out of somebody he says get that outta here or something.

13. Real player emotions like Matt Barnes and john Henson for instant he blocked the mess out of Barnes and was showing off and getting in his face and Matt Barnes you know how he his he doesn't take no BS like that so every team should have emotions there should be actual players getting into it and teammates and refs have to break it up.

14. Also arenas should be enhanced and look really real colors should be spot on as for the players jerseys the colors should be exactly the same color as real life not lighter than it actually is

15. Real annoucners there should be more not just the same for every game more announcer voices should be added and there should be actual conversation whether there talking about if a call seemed unfair or they think something should've been called.

16. Also player gameplay plays should be run like real life and passes should be changed because 2k16 passing is horrible it's stolen to much or you could be running and run into somebody and get stuck and the ball instantly is lost it just looks sloppy.

17. Accessories there should be more accessories like knee leaves some are longer than others also add handband options and add a new option for changing the socks because teams have so many different stance socks.

18. One last thing I think should be added is players who are hot so if a certain player is just killing it out there in real life like curry they should be hot on the court on the game and need to be guarded heavily .

I think that's all that I have to add I hope somebody can share this with somebody who has connects with 2k cause I think this would point 2k in a new path and players into whole different game
Thunderfan

Postby Nick on Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:45 am

More late night MyLeague thoughts: They should change the formula for Team Chemistry. Make it more of a "synergistic" thing, rather than an accumulative/percentage thing.
I.e. it's harder to get transcendent/great levels of team chemistry, but when it does, it should have a significant affect on a team's likeliness to win games in MyLeague. The reverse is also true.

The number should start at 0, and negative team chemistry is represented by numbers below 0, and positive team chemistry is represented by numbers above zero. Say, +10 is highest possible team chemistry, and -10 is lowest. Spurs would probably have a +10. Warriors probably +9. Houston might be a -5 or something. Most teams should hover around 0.

Organizational structure should affect team chemistry. I.e. from the owner to the staff to the players. Not just the players.

Obviously, player personalities/character and how they interact with everything within the NBA landscape should affect team chemistry too. But the main point here: is that team chemistry should be a very significant factor to a team's W/L record, but it should also be harder to come by teams that have a strong lean one way or another (both positive and negative)

(also, unrelated, but all these little algorithims that happen "under the hood" of the game should be reflected in the media/headlines (not social media!!)
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Nick on Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:22 pm

Add a badge called "Lane Filler" that gives players extra ability or responsiveness in running the break.

Improve passing animations. Speed it up. Make it smoother and more connective. Change passing animations depending on distance.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17