D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K16 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:26 pm

Hi Dee
Any news on this project ?
Twitter | YouTube | flickr

Retro Mods for NBA 2K20 - 2K19 - 2K17 - 2K16
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am
Location: France

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby Simonn-Lee on Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:13 am

Enjoying your 2k17 roster right now, great job!
Comparing to 17, 16 is better in so many ways, the graphic, the presentation, the atmosphere, the body models, cyberfaces and even the soundtracks, etc
strength of 17 is fluency, especially jump shot, and also the loading time is much shorter than 16
But I still prefer 16 than 17
I really don't believe there's people still trying to mod this game until seeing this thread, you encourage me a lot! So surprised and touched (Y)
I'm modding 16 recently and glad to share some of them very soon!
User avatar
Simonn-Lee
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:19 am

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:44 am

Simonn-Lee wrote:Enjoying your 2k17 roster right now, great job!
Comparing to 17, 16 is better in so many ways, the graphic, the presentation, the atmosphere, the body models, cyberfaces and even the soundtracks, etc
strength of 17 is fluency, especially jump shot, and also the loading time is much shorter than 16
But I still prefer 16 than 17
I really don't believe there's people still trying to mod this game until seeing this thread, you encourage me a lot! So surprised and touched (Y)
I'm modding 16 recently and glad to share some of them very soon!


Thank you! And thank you for the 05-06 Nets Jersey, the 01-02 Kings jersey and the 06-07 Mavs jerseys!

This roster project is not dead, sorry for the inactivity. I've been trying to buy a house, and the process is stressing me out big time, and I've just been overall busy.

After finishing the 06-07 Mavs and the 01-02 Kings, I'll probably release a demo for everyone before adding more teams.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:08 pm

Glad to hear that this project is still alive (y) Cant wait to put my hand on the demo !

Tell me if you need others floors.

And good luck for your future house.
Twitter | YouTube | flickr

Retro Mods for NBA 2K20 - 2K19 - 2K17 - 2K16
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am
Location: France

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby MadbaLL on Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:49 am

Dee4Three, very interesting project (Y)

i was checking, from time to time, your 2k17 mod, but since my pc could not handle 2k17, i never gave it a try. i think i can handle this game, maybe on low settings so i'm looking forward to at least trying it.

however, sice a die hard retro fan, i thik you should include more and more 90s and early 2000s teams, era of real nba basketball.
User avatar
MadbaLL
 
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:50 am
Location: SFRJ

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:13 am

MadbaLL wrote:Dee4Three, very interesting project (Y)

i was checking, from time to time, your 2k17 mod, but since my pc could not handle 2k17, i never gave it a try. i think i can handle this game, maybe on low settings so i'm looking forward to at least trying it.

however, sice a die hard retro fan, i thik you should include more and more 90s and early 2000s teams, era of real nba basketball.


Hi Madball,

I would actually get 2K17 as well, or instead. The reason being: both basically have the same needs CPU power wise, if you can run 2K16, you can run 2K17. And, my roster for 2K17 is not only released, but far more complete at the moment.

So again, if I were you I would consider getting 2K17 AND 2K16, or just 2K17, if you want to jump right in to a lot of retro content.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby Vlad2010 on Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:16 am

Dee4Three wrote:both basically have the same needs CPU power wise, if you can run 2K16, you can run 2K17

No, at least on my cpu. In 2k16 i have solid 60 fps on ultra settings everywhere, while in 2k17 I need to lower some settings (shader, crowd) to get 60.
User avatar
Vlad2010
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:25 am

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:01 am

Yeah, 2K15 runs smoother than 2K16. And 2K16 runs smoother than 2K17.
I used to play 2K15 and 2K16 in 4K, which i cant with 2K17.
Twitter | YouTube | flickr

Retro Mods for NBA 2K20 - 2K19 - 2K17 - 2K16
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am
Location: France

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:18 am

Vlad2010 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:both basically have the same needs CPU power wise, if you can run 2K16, you can run 2K17

No, at least on my cpu. In 2k16 i have solid 60 fps on ultra settings everywhere, while in 2k17 I need to lower some settings (shader, crowd) to get 60.


This is surprising to me, honestly.

My brother had a weaker computer before I upgraded it for him, and 2K17 worked better for him than 2K16, and 2K15 worked about the same as 2K17.

I think sometimes it depends on what graphics card you have as well, because if you remember right 2K16 and 2K17 had some issues with certain Nvidia cards.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby MadbaLL on Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Dee4Three, if you take a look to official 2k sports spec for both 2k16 and 2k17, you would notice that 2k16 demans less poweful pc. that's why i'd stick with 2k16.

btw, does it mean this mod is on hold or canceled?
User avatar
MadbaLL
 
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:50 am
Location: SFRJ

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:56 pm

Certainly not cancelled. Just have not had a lot of time to work on. Life had been crazy lately.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:10 am

This weekend I get my new CPU and will be working on the roster more.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby MadbaLL on Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:59 pm

Dee4Three wrote:This weekend I get my new CPU and will be working on the roster more.


(Y)
User avatar
MadbaLL
 
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:50 am
Location: SFRJ

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:48 am

Hi All,

Can ANYBODY help me with making some faces for this mod? I am super busy modding 2K14/2K14 (more for personal use), and 2K20, but really want to finish this project. I just don't have the time to dedicate making faces for this project and the 2K20 one.

I could probably get a few more teams in for a beta release if a couple people helped out and made roughly 15-20 faces.

2K16 is still awesome, and has better gameplay than 2K20, I don't want to see this project die. I can do courts, logos, jerseys, etc. The mod has 15 completed teams right now, another 5 would make it acceptable for a beta release IMO.

Any help would be appreciated!!!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby MadbaLL on Sat May 30, 2020 4:24 am

Dee4Three, hope this project is not cancelled or "on hold".

i would really love to see your 2k17 mod converted for 2k16.
User avatar
MadbaLL
 
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:50 am
Location: SFRJ

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - WIP (No date set)

Postby Gologi on Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Hi All,

Can ANYBODY help me with making some faces for this mod? I am super busy modding 2K14/2K14 (more for personal use), and 2K20, but really want to finish this project. I just don't have the time to dedicate making faces for this project and the 2K20 one.

I could probably get a few more teams in for a beta release if a couple people helped out and made roughly 15-20 faces.

2K16 is still awesome, and has better gameplay than 2K20, I don't want to see this project die. I can do courts, logos, jerseys, etc. The mod has 15 completed teams right now, another 5 would make it acceptable for a beta release IMO.

Any help would be appreciated!!!


Can I help with cyberfaces? Really interested with this project of yours sir.
Gologi
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:32 pm

Previous

Return to NBA 2K16 Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest