Trainwreck

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Trainwreck

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:55 am

Anyone else seen it? I caught it last night, and it's one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while. Probably the most entertaining that John Cena has been in some time, without the restrictions of a PG setting to hold him back. I have to admit, LeBron James was pretty damn funny too.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Trainwreck

Postby bigh0rt on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:41 am

I really liked it, and enjoyed Cena and LeBron, but it was awfully long. Like by the end of the movie, I kept thinking, "Man, Cena's part was SO LONG ago." Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, cause the movie was entertaining with a ton of laughs, but I feel like it could have probably been 30 minutes shorter. Still, I find Amy Schumer very funny, and hope she'll continue to make R rated comedies.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:41 pm

Yeah, I was waiting for Cena to make another appearance later on in the film to tie up that thread, or at least be a postscript gag in the credits.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:32 am

It wasn't bad. There were some funny parts for sure, but like most Judd Apatow movies, it ran about a half hour too long for my taste.
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:40 am

I didn't mind that it was two hours, there's nothing off the top of my head that I'd think to cut. I didn't find myself looking at my watch or anything.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to Off-Topic