Mad Max: Fury Road

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Mad Max: Fury Road

Postby benji on Wed May 06, 2015 5:29 pm

phpBB [video]

This fucking movie looks so fucking amazing.

phpBB [video]

It's supposed to be all real special effects too, no CGI, except the dust storms.

phpBB [video]
benji

Re: Mad Max: Fury Road

Postby benji on Wed May 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Also, the semi-related game from the Just Cause 2/3 developers looks amazing.

phpBB [video]
benji

Postby Kevin on Wed May 06, 2015 6:21 pm

Trailers look awesome but I'm kinda curious why there was a guy infront of the car. :lol:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby benji on Sat May 16, 2015 2:56 pm

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... ax-apology
When Tom Hardy finally sat down and saw Mad Max: Fury Road, after reportedly spending more than 100 days filming the post-apocalyptic action film in Namibia, the English actor realized that he owed the film’s director, George Miller, an apology.

And for whatever reason, the actor didn’t say he was sorry until Thursday’s press conference at the Cannes Film Festival, when a journalist triggered one particular memory for him.

After being asked what Hardy’s very first thought was after viewing Miller’s desert-scape masterpiece, the actor surprised the press by revealing, “I owe George an apology for being so myopic. . . . That was my first thought.”

Coincidentally enough, Hardy, who plays the film’s minimally verbal title character, suggested that his issue with the filmmaker while shooting had been communication.

“The most frustrating thing for me or the hardest part [of filming] was trying to know what George wanted me to do at any given minute on a minute-by-minute basis, so I could fully [execute] his vision,” Hardy said of working with Miller, who directed the first three films in the franchise. “But because [Miller was] orchestrating such a huge vehicle literally in so many departments, and because his signature is on every single detail [of the film] and because all of the [parts] in the vehicle are just moving, there is just motion.”

In a room full of journalists, Hardy solemnly continued, “I have to apologize to you because I got frustrated and there is no way that George could have explained what he conceived in the sand while we were out there [filming]. And because of the due diligence that was required to make everything safe and to make everything that was incredibly complex so simple—which is what I saw—which is a relentless barrage of complexities simplified in a fairly linear story . . . I knew [Miller] was brilliant, but I didn’t know how brilliant until I saw it.
benji

Postby Jackal on Sun May 17, 2015 11:14 pm

This has IMAX written all over it. That's really becoming the norm for the movies I want to visit as of late.

I wonder how different it must be to work for a Nolan and then for someone like Miller. Gotta catch this one soon.
Jackal

Postby el badman on Wed May 20, 2015 4:49 am

Saw this in 3D over the weekend. Blown away by the visuals obviously, but even if I wasn't expecting an intrigue worth flicks from the Nolans and Coens of this world, I still thought the story was quite weak to say the least... Two very entertaining hours though.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Kevin on Fri May 22, 2015 11:51 am

Wasted 2 hours watching this movie. Aside from the hot pregnant chick, this movie is shit.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby benji on Fri May 22, 2015 2:21 pm

Man some people have no soul I tell ya, between this and Furious 7 big-budget blockbuster film-making is finally back and full of feels.
benji

Return to Off-Topic