The Friendzone

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

The Friendzone

Postby JAWSFreelao on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:48 pm

This shit sucks. Anybody else in the friendzone right now?
Been on the thinnest of ice and I turned myself into Gretzky.
2K13-2K20 modder.
CFs are the game.
Primary modder for NBA 2K14 D-League conversion mod.
JAWSFreelao

Re: The Friendzone

Postby deihatein on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:57 am

fuck that nigga shadowboi whatever

i remember sometime i ago when i was still playing team fortress i gave that fucked up shit some hat because i thought he was awesome and all and what does he do? he ignored me on steam everytime i talked some kawaii otaku shit but reply for everything 76ers related. he said he going to gift me a copy of one of the best games of all times REVELATIONS 2012 and it's 3 years and i'm still waiting.

fuck that asian nigga shadwoboi i hope he doesn;t get a girldjfirned pertiod.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Cpt(K) on Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:11 am

Friend-zone isn't so bad, you get to be a jerk to your potential interest in different ways. :lol:
Cpt(K)

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:56 am

deihatein wrote:copy of one of the best games of all times REVELATIONS 2012 and it's 3 years and i'm still waiting.

Be careful what you wish for.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby JAWSFreelao on Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Not when she straight up cockblocking.
Been on the thinnest of ice and I turned myself into Gretzky.
2K13-2K20 modder.
CFs are the game.
Primary modder for NBA 2K14 D-League conversion mod.
JAWSFreelao

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Be a man ffs, slap her with your cock.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Mandich on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:27 pm

Shadow has a point.

Try not slapping her with your dick, but telling her how things are. A short period of shame if she says no is better than years of suffering.

YOLO.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Kevin on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:54 am

Yes, YOLO. But if you are good friends with her and don't want your friendship to end, don't do it.

When I was in 10th grade, I had no one to take to this stupid prom so I bravely asked my girl friend to be my date. So we spent the night dancing in this big hall and we laughed and talked yadh yadah yadah and so at the end of the event, I asked her to come with me and I took her to this spot where I always go to whenever I'm with a special girl. We went there and flirted blah blah then I walked her home and then asked her out on a date. Then she asked me if it was worth it and I said yes. So after that, we dated for 4 years and then we broke up because of a silly accusation that I was having this affair with my friend who btw is a girl. Now, I'm this useless piece of shit lurking the internet every minute and second of the day and at night drink till I can't see shit no more.

All I'm saying is, if you think you're really ready for a commitment, then go do it. But be careful, life is a bitch and love is an asshole.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Mandich on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:01 am

Kevin wrote:Yes, YOLO. But if you are good friends with her and don't want your friendship to end, don't do it.

Lol shut up Kevin no teenage guy is looking for friendship.

I asked her to come with me and I took her to this spot where I always go to whenever I'm with a special girl

Here we call it the fuck spot (thank good I had the whole floor to myself so I always brought them home)

then we broke up because of a silly accusation that I was having this affair with my friend who btw is a girl.

She sounds dumb.

But be careful, life is a bitch and love is an asshole.

Never listen to guys who say shit like this. As fruity as it sounds, love is great and so is life. Cherish it.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Kevin on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:10 am

Menopauss wrote:
Kevin wrote:Yes, YOLO. But if you are good friends with her and don't want your friendship to end, don't do it.

Lol shut up Kevin no teenage guy is looking for friendship.

I asked her to come with me and I took her to this spot where I always go to whenever I'm with a special girl

Here we call it the fuck spot (thank good I had the whole floor to myself so I always brought them home)

then we broke up because of a silly accusation that I was having this affair with my friend who btw is a girl.

She sounds dumb.

But be careful, life is a bitch and love is an asshole.

Never listen to guys who say shit like this. As fruity as it sounds, love is great and so is life. Cherish it.
- I guess in my generation, there aren't any more left.

- No, it ain't because it seems like every girl I meet has the "5 Date Rule" which they got from a movie.

- Well to be fair, she did say I need to let my girl friend go since she didn't like how close we are.

- It all depends on the kind of life that you are having, I guess.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby [Q] on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:43 am

Cpt(K) wrote:Friend-zone isn't so bad, you get to be a jerk to your potential interest in different ways. :lol:

If you're friendzoned, it's already too late. First impressions last a lifetime. Google "the ladder theory".

You should go for it from the moment you meet her or else you're fucked. imo there's no point in wasting time on trying to be "friends" with someone.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mandich on Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:49 am

No, it ain't because it seems like every girl I meet has the "5 Date Rule" which they got from a movie.

Just because it's called the fuck spot doesn't mean you get lucky everytime you go there. You sure as hell aren't going there just to talk to her.

EDIT: first time I've heard for the 5 date rule. Only rules I know are the Condoms/*insert number of months*/My friend hooked up with you Rule.

Well to be fair, she did say I need to let my girl friend go since she didn't like how close we are.

This just proves you're a pussy. No offense, but man up. No one should decide who you're friends with. She ain't worth it.

First impressions last a lifetime.

Sooo true. No matter what you do, it's the first impression.

In teenage boy terms: In high school I knew this girl with a mustache. Now she's incredibly fit, hot and successful, but hey, the mustache never goes away.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Cpt(K) on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:51 pm

Well to be fair, she did say I need to let my girl friend go since she didn't like how close we are.

Direct confrontations can be unpredictably scary, but . . . you could have done something like this
phpBB [video]
Cpt(K)

Postby Mandich on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:06 pm

It's your freaking girlfriend. If you consider saying something directly to her as a frightening act, then you guys are really wimps.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby formx on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:13 pm

Kevin wrote:I took her to this spot where I always go to whenever I'm with a special girl.

phpBB [video]

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby bowdown on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:55 am

Its too late, move on. Gotta respect yourself. If she doesn't like you the way you like her then move on.
bowdown

Postby Stress Fracture on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:08 pm

Qballer wrote:
Cpt(K) wrote:Friend-zone isn't so bad, you get to be a jerk to your potential interest in different ways. :lol:
You should go for it from the moment you meet her or else you're fucked. imo there's no point in wasting time on trying to be "friends" with someone.

Isn't this effective? I mean, it's so much creepier to just approach a girl and say i like you and maybe we can work this out than to get her comfortable with you.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:09 am

I'm not saying be creepy or be a jerk, but you state your intentions from the beginning so she doesn't put you on the "friends" ladder.

Plus the key is to be different from the other chumps that won't make a move. If you just make small talk and don't make a move, you're basically pussying out from making a move and they notice. That's not "manly" and your chances of success take a huge hit
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Cpt(K) on Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:55 pm

state your intentions from the beginning

Like this . . .
phpBB [video]

Okay, okay, earlier I may have been a little disingenuous.I don't know what sort of relationships the posters have experienced, but there's this thing called development, which can be for better or worse.

Seriously though - being a friend of someone you are interested in is a start. Unless I'm mistaken those sorts of relationships aren't even always started with a romantic angle at first. The spin may happen later when you least expect it. Call me an optimist (of which I'm not), but attaining friendship doesn't set your relations with her in stone.

I suppose the word "friend" has taken on a more ambiguous application (beware of semantics), because when I have friends they are generally people I always hang out with - or have a vehement interest in being around. Sort of like intimacy, but not sexually, which is instead a genuine interest in that person for who they are to me. Obviously this can develop into something else, which is not always mutual. Should the desire to pursue a different relationship not be mutual it probably isn't a good idea to pry or push.

Just my thoughts.
Cpt(K)

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:37 am

The only way that works is if she's at least a little interested before you becoming friends. then when you try to make the jump, there's already something there on her end.

Otherwise, you let her think of you as a friend and friend only and when you try to change that, she's hurt or confused or just not into it.

I guess the question becomes whether guys and girls can actually be friends? I say yes if neither one is the least bit interested in the other, but that's rare. As guys, there's almost always some bit of interest even if it's a "I'd fuck her if I had the chance"
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Return to Off-Topic