Rip Stuart Scott

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Rip Stuart Scott

Postby Bill on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:35 am

ESPN Stuart Scott pass away from a battle with Cancer.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/12118296/stuart-scott-espn-anchor-dies-age-49
Bill

Re: Rip Stuart Scott

Postby bowdown on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:06 am

Yeah that's pretty shocking to me. RIP.
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Must admit, I never knew that he had cancer. A real shame, to put it mildly; just 49, and with a relatively young family. Still, sounds like he gave it a hell of a fight. Condolences to his family, RIP Stuart Scott.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:35 am

He fought for 7 years? :applaud:

RIP.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby bigh0rt on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:02 am

Maybe it's just the age range that I'm in, but to me, Stuart Scott was essentially the voice of ESPN. By all counts, he was a really super nice guy off camera (as opposed to a guy like Steve Berman, who is rumored to be a real asshole, despite also basically being 'the guy' who built ESPN). He brought an awesome personality to Sports Center, made it casual, created dozens of catch phrases that I repeated thousands of times as a teenager, and set the precedent for the anchors that would follow. Even if you think "as cool as the other side of the pillow" is the lamest thing ever, in the late-90's, it certainly wasn't. It's terrible for anybody to die at such a young age, but it's cool that Stu was able to touch so many people, and provide a great motivational speech at the ESPY Awards. RIP. It should've been Berman.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Return to Off-Topic