Game of Thrones Thread (The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Whose side are you on?

Cersei Lannister
No votes
Daenerys Targaryen
83%
White Walkers
17%

Total votes : 6

Re: Game of Thrones Thread (The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers)

Postby Sauru on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:32 pm

holy shit that was an amazing episode. i am full satisfied with the end of Ramsey. i love how jon snow just beat the fuck out of him and proved to just flat out be the better man and i love that he stopped himself so sansa could be the one to send him off. i was pretty sure rickon was going to die this episode as it made sense story wise but as far as a "loss" its not really one. he has been gone forever and i doubt anyone was really attached to him. davos finding out what happened to Shireen was great and i cant wait to see what happens with that. some nice dragon play again and it was good to see tyrion start to get back to his former self. he was rather weak all season i think. just not as good of a character as he had been in all the previous seasons.
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:41 pm

Fuck. Yeah.

Episode 9 is always epic, and that delivered. Finally, Ramsay gets his comeuppance. The Starks are back in Winterfell, where they belong. And now, Dany really gets to play the Game of Thrones. Horrible twists are no doubt coming in Episode 10 to leave us anxiously awaiting Season 7, but at least we got this.

I too am glad that Tyrion didn't fall into disgrace with Dany. A little disappointed he didn't make jokes about Theon, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:04 pm

i too expected a good joke there
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Especially since there isn't anyone in the history of film or television that says the word "cock" as humorously as Peter Dinklage does.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:32 am

Boy what an episode. Very, very well done. :applaud: The ending was very, very satisfying. As much as a prick Joffrey was, I think Ramsay deserve this kind of death. He's just a straight-up asshole that deserved to die, so good riddance to you, asshole!

As much as the season seemingly is like a comeuppance season for the bad guys, I still expect a horrendous turn of events on the final episode.

And I don't remember if the past pages have mentioned this, now that Bran has leveled-up his warging skills and figures it himself that he can alter the future, I think Bran IS Bran the Builder, and I think he's the guy that whispers to the Mad King to 'burn them all' -- setting the entire timeline into a time loop while Bran believes he's doing something to change it.

Last week, the actor who portrayed Hodor was a guest in the annual ToyCon. A few days later, he appeared in The Manila Major DOTA 2 Tournament to... open the door for the participants.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:41 am

The thing about Joffrey is, despite being a terrible person, he was largely ineffectual, and controlled by Cersei and Tywin. Ramsay's been able to do so much damage to so many people, and thwart a comeuppance at every turn. Well, not anymore. It's so overdue, it's incredibly cathartic as a result.

Tommen's shaping up to be a really weak king, so I'm really hoping Margaery is secretly cooking something up.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:22 pm

The High Sparrow still owes us Margaery's Walk of Atonement, though.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:55 pm

Lean wrote:The High Sparrow still owes us Margaery's Walk of Atonement, though.
+9999

The last episode was fucking awesome. The dragon bit was awesome on its own but add 2 bastards and it's one of the most hype episode ever. Of all the things they could kill off that episode, it's Wun Wun! god damn it. He should've also at least took of those trees and fucking catapult those to the boltons. that shit would be fucking awesome. The hounds in the last part was a nice touch but they should've started with his balls.

For me, I think Tommen's the closest we can to having a "great/good" Lannister sitting on the throne. Think about it. Joffrey was controlled by Cersei, the bad bitch, while Tommen's contolled by the High Sparrow who's decisions are based on their God's word.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:46 pm

I doubt that the High Sparrow's intentions are as pure, good, and noble as he makes them out to be.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:54 pm

Lean wrote:The High Sparrow still owes us Margaery's Walk of Atonement, though.

go watch the tudors.
Sauru

Postby mp3 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:09 am

So glad to see Ramsey get his face chewed off, good episode.

#WeTheNorth
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:40 am

So, predictions for Episode 10?

It looks like we're getting Cersei's trial, so there'll be some kind of resolution there. We might see Dany head towards Westeros at last. With an episode title like "The Winds of Winter" - referencing the title of the next book - I have to imagine something will happen at The Wall. It's coming down, or the White Walkers are breaking through, or something. At the very least, they're arriving on the doorstep.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jenz on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:42 pm

I will be betting the Freys will be getting the Stark revenge which has been long overdue.

The last episode, Battle of the Bastards, is currently rated 10/10 on IMDB, along with "Ozymandias" from Breaking Bad. Really well-deserved.
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:53 pm

True, the Freys deserve their comeuppance as well. I'm guessing if that comes, it won't be until Season 7, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jenz on Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:35 pm

It just occurred to me as the preview for episode 10 briefly shows the red wedding. I wish we would also see Danny sailing/flying to officially join the game at long last.
jenz

Postby Sauru on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:12 pm

episode ten will be all about kings landing and white walker prevention
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:46 pm

Amazing episode, just fantastic. And now, we have to wait until next year. Such a tease.

Andrew wrote:Speculating on the future, I have a feeling that Cersei is going to end up killing Tommen, though perhaps indirectly, and thereby fulfilling the prophecy that she'll see all three of her children die.

Looks like I was right, particularly the "indirectly" part. It should be noted that all the major players in the Game of Thrones are now women, with men in adviser roles. The High Sparrow's comeuppance came at a heavy price, with Margaery being incinerated along with him. Definitely some catharsis with a few of the character deaths, some tragedy in others, and the table is set for an epic conclusion in Season 7.

I've seen some people express disappointment with Season 6. Personally, I thought it was great, one of my favourites so far. Some really satisfying payoffs.

And of course, the long-standing theory of R+L=J! is officially confirmed!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:46 am

i actually enjoyed this episode more than the previous one, and i felt that was my favorite one ever. it is funny how the show has gone full on women power this season. we still have some great male characters with power behind them but none really sitting in a position of power, except jon snow who i feel will not be in winterfell long. the internet is going crazy already about his right to the iron throne and shit but for that to happen everyone would have to take the word of his half brother.

i love how everyone is out to kill cersei right now, its like a race to see who actually gets to do it. i think it will be jaime or possibly arya looking like him.

going into next season i still want to see the clegane brothers do battle. i am also really looking forward tro the bran/jon reunion and i really hope we get at least 1 more scene with tyrion and cersei. a hound/arya reunion would also be great.
Sauru

Postby el badman on Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:16 am

Ep.10 was one of the very best things I've ever seen on TV, just fucking incredible overall. Can't wait for next season.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:59 am

I really enjoyed Dany and Tyrion's scenes as well. Ugh, nine months...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jenz on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:28 pm

That was an amazing episode. I was right about the Freys, but I did not think they would be outed that way (meat on cake). I think one of the best aspects of that episode is the music. It really set the mood beautifully. Does this mean that if Cersei dies, the next in line would be Jamie or Tyrion? Now that could be an interesting plot line.
jenz

Postby Lean on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:42 pm

I love the music on that finale. And some of the shots were fantastic too.

But boy what an episode. During that scene when the lords of the North were declaring support for Jon and shout "...the King in the North", I wanted to shout along with them: "THE MOTHERFUCKING KING IN THE MOTHERFUCKING NORTH!!!".

That Mormont kid is a badass.

The R+L=J theory is still addressed although indirectly. I've got a feeling that they used the shot of the baby and then of Jon's mug as clarification that Jon is a Stark/Targaryen (does that make him a Starkgaryen? :| ) OR it could be just a swerve that Jon is just Ned's bastard. I don't know. :lol:

And Dany's fleet! Say what you want about Varys' fast travel, but he did bring along Dorne and Highgarden's fleets along to Daenerys. She's bringing the war to them!

Can the next season come soon? :(
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:07 pm

they pretty much confirmed it i just think they didnt actually say it as some fans still dont know the father. not everyone runs to the net looking for info
Sauru

Postby Sauru on Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:35 pm

well they have confirmed only 7 episodes next season and a later start date. summer
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:04 pm

It'll be an agonising wait, and a season that's over even quicker, but they'll at least have some great storylines to be getting on with as they enter the home stretch.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic