Fallout 4

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Fallout 4

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:36 am

In a year lot of things might have changed. Plus the leak said that
However, after the main story is over, you can have a gender change. BGS did not rule out Females for possible standalone DLC, however.

Youtube always compresses the shit out of the videos, so no big surprise there (remember those 2K15 videos?). Plus PC version will be better looking right away thanks to mods. And AA. Damn, I was thinking of selling my rig and buying Skylake, good MoBo, 980 Ti and M.2 SSDs into RAID. If the summer will be alright.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby el badman on Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:20 am

I take back what I said about the graphics. Some higher quality images have shown up.

Youtube vs high quality trailer comparison shots - https://imgur.com/a/kFqfZ#13

High quality trailer- http://www.gamersyde.com/download_fallo ... 74_en.html

Not bad indeed, but still not overly impressed with the rendering of shadows, tessellation and clothing physics, which is where Bethesda has always fallen behind. I'm sure I'll love the game to death when it's out, but right now I can't say that I'm wowed by the trailer considering how games like Far Cry 4, GTA 5 or The Witcher 3 are already looking on PC, which seems quite superior to this to say the least.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:06 am

Some info, via The Vault:

• The entire trailer appears to be shot using in-engine assets.
  • The theme music is The Ink Spots' It's All Over But the Crying
  • The game is set in the Commonwealth, around the former city of Boston. The Paul Revere statue from North End is a dead giveaway.
  • Diamond City, which appears to be built around Fenway Park, appears to be a major location and faction in the game.
  • Other locations in the trailer include Bunker Hill, Scollay Square Olympia Theater, the Memory Den club and the Massachussetts State House.
    propnomicon of the /r/falloutlore subreddit speculates that the neighbourhood seen in the trailer may be located in Brookline, as the houses resemble prefabricated Lustron houses.
  • A separate mention goes to the USS Constitution, which appears to have wound up in a bank after a rocket-boosted voyage. Thanks to Will van Horn for pointing this out!
  • The inclusion of pre-War sequences indicates a playable tutorial sequence set before the Great War. This may also indicate that the game may be set shortly after the war.
  • The protagonist is an inhabitant of Vault 111 - and appears to be fully voiced. The jumpsuit is much less loose and more form fitting, like the original Fallout jumpsuits.
  • There will be a canine companion.
  • New Vertibird variants appear, including a transport version with an open cargo hold. The player will use it at one point or another in the story.
  • Giant armored zeppelins will appear, allied with whomever operates the new Vertibirds.
  • The T-45d in the garage indicates that power armor customization and/or repairs may be included. Note that the soldier in the Vertibird has mismatched power armor components - arm from the T-45d, but pauldron from the T-51b.
  • Of course, there will be new weapons added. Among these, a makeshift rifle, which appears to be based on an AER9, and it seems there's a customizable variant of the AER9 laser rifle.
  • The PIP-Boy 3000 will once again be the UI for the game, though it appears to be a modified model, without the glove and with an additional vacuum tube, among other differences.
  • There is a Mister Handy is pieces within the garage, in the other corner is a Radiation King radio.
  • In the scene where the player character pets his male dog, there is some sort of large vehicle in the background. A train, plane, or monorail perhaps?
  • There appears to be a weather system.

Returns

• The T-45d power armor definitely returns, together with what looks like the AER9 laser rifle and the pneumatic power fist.
  • Pre-War troops wear T-45d power armor and carry miniguns with ammunition belts.
  • Deathclaws return, alongside protectrons and brahmins. Super mutants, or mutants similar to them, appear in one scene of the trailer. So do feral ghouls.
  • Grognak the Barbarian will appear as well, in the trailer there can clearly see a different comic of the series. Next to the other new material, such as Awesome.

Technical

• It will be released for PC, PS4, and Xbox One platforms, indicating a development that focused on next-gen platforms.
  • The game is already available for pre-orders.

phpBB [video]

https://youtu.be/DhTPq_kgp14
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Cpt(K) on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:51 am

This is what happens when I'm offline for a week . . . great news!
Cpt(K)

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:13 am

More to be revealed during Bethesda's live stream from E3, starting 7 PM Pacific: http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:51 pm

So, yeah...shut up and take my bottle caps, indeed! Game looks nice - not the best, but more than satisfactory in my book - V.A.T.S. is improved, starting the game before the Great War is a cool idea, vehicles, settlement building (which is completely optional, thumbs up for that), being able to give commands to the dog, thousands of pre-recorded common names (I assume being an Andrew will pay off there), deeper weapon mods...it's looking fantastic. And it's all coming November 10th, 2015.

Recap and breakdown on The Vault: http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Blog:News/ ... 3_Showcase

And the entire presentation at E3:

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0E4wviq9Jc
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:48 pm

"I usually find second screen experiences being stupid gimmicks. But as far as stupid gimmicks go, I assure you this is the best fucking one." :D

Preordering collector's edition. Just for the pip-boy.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:03 pm

Yeah, that's very tempting.

Might check out Fallout Shelter as well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:04 am

Heard the import taxes in Australia are terrible though...

ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby el badman on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:24 am

Looking very promising indeed, except for the character movements/physics, which look as stiff as in Fallout 3. You'd think 8 years would have allowed them to REALLY overhaul their engine or to develop a new one in line with current games...
Still, Nov 10th can't come soon enough obviously.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:07 am

Dommy73 wrote:Heard the import taxes in Australia are terrible though...

Not so much import taxes, but there is a mark-up, which even applies to digital purchases. Still, it's tempting to shell out the extra bucks on this occasion.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:46 pm

Well, I just preordered the pip boy edition at my local game retailer. It's $160 over here...
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:07 pm

I believe it's around $190 here, so that's not so bad. Mulling it over...
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Cpt(K) on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:46 am

Dommy73 wrote:"I usually find second screen experiences being stupid gimmicks. But as far as stupid gimmicks go, I assure you this is the best fucking one." :D

Preordering collector's edition. Just for the pip-boy.

As much as the pip-boy is necessary - I'm going to hope a mod removes it. Otherwise - I'm sold.
Cpt(K)

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:54 am

Wait... You want to remove the pip-boy from the game?
Like only having the "real" one? :D
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:32 pm

Fallout 4 is so big its lead producer hasn't seen everything it has to offer

Bethesda's RPGs are notoriously sprawling affairs, but Fallout 4 looks set to be bigger than any other game in the series. According to the game's lead producer Jeff Gardiner, speaking at an E3 roundtable interview attended by GamesRadar, he's still finding new things in the Boston wastelands.

"I've played the game probably 400 hours, and I'm still finding stuff that I haven't seen yet," Gardiner said.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:53 pm

Shame I can't have this on PC. All hail my PS4.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby ThePointForward on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:11 am

* generic Glorious PC Master Race comment *
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:53 am

So I missed out on the first wave of Pip-Boy editions of Fallout 4. When they came back on sale...I caved. Had to have one.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:37 am

Still deciding on whether I should build a new PC or simply buy a PS4 so I can have a chance to play this game. Either way, I have to get it.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:44 am

Buy a PS4. It's worth it.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:21 am

Kenny wrote:Still deciding on whether I should build a new PC or simply buy a PS4 so I can have a chance to play this game. Either way, I have to get it.

What are you working with now?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:25 am

A laptop which is only really meant for Word processing. I've had it since 2012 and it wasn't really high-end when I got it back then.

I was considering building a PC, but with all the combined costs, I think a PS4 would be a better solution (gaming wise anyway).
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:13 pm

phpBB [video]

https://youtu.be/0lWNdcbq3EU

phpBB [video]

https://youtu.be/xpm9qGDBEA8
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:12 am

Can it please be four months from now?!?!?!?!
Lamrock

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic