Let's reminisce about your favourite past NLSC members

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Let's reminisce about your favourite past NLSC members

Postby Its_asdf on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:06 pm

Yeah, some of these are pretty vague but this was like 6 years ago so only the names are what's etched in my memory. I'm 100% there's a lot more but I think I should remember more if people can remember theirs. Yeah, this is one of those nostalgia threads for the "good 'ol days" I guess.

Edit: I tried to avoid posters that I think still post on these forums but I'm not really sure who does and who doesn't.

cklistie - He was my partner in crime who actually read my god awful dynasty stories and shared my huge man-love for Trevor Ariza and Marquis Daniels. I could've sworn they were going to be multiple time all-stars.....

Jona/Drex/Jonex - Who could forget when these two paraded every single thread posting simultaneously? Great lulz were had from this pair.

Cyanide - He was a mod here for a while who I think did a great job and treated everyone with respect. Does he still post?

Colin - Canadian dude who knew a lot about rap. Super jelly of his really cool looking Phoenix Suns avatar.

Kevin or KD or w/e - Another Canadian dude who was pretty cool

Cableguy - Another Canadian back when Canadians actually were a pretty big portion of NLSC aside from Aussies and Pinoys.... He was typical laid back, funny guy that I enjoyed reading posts from.

Maguis - Kind of a troll sometimes, but he made some pretty good posts when he wanted to

Bighort - Popularized the :shake: emoticon. No one has been able to use it as well as him since.

Jowe - Made some pretty sick patches for NBA Live 2004.

Nick - He was another one of the few people who made an attempt to talk to me on MSN (which were probably failed attempts because I was socially retarded back then). Funniest guy at NLSC at the time for me. People typing in bold purple text will never be the same.

The Goat - Wasn't he like this 12 year old kid who was hella gangsta or something? Anyway I remember him being pretty chill at times.

Jugs - Another 12 year old who looked like Luke Ridnour in his rookie season. Another one of the few people to add me on MSN. We had some pretty funny chats every now and then.

Fenix - Tom Cruise pretty boy who seemed pretty cool, don't remember too much about him though

Riot/Indy/BhzMafia - I lump all three of them together because the amount of fanboyism for the T-Wolves/Pacers/Grizzlies was astounding. Every post in the NBA section was guaranteed to stroke the dick of their hometown team.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Re: Let's reminisce about your favourite past NLSC members

Postby J@3 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:51 pm

Holy shit a thread on General Talk that I actually want to read/post in lol

I'll address yours then add some of my own;

cklistie: He absolutely fucking hated me lol and I'm not sure why (well, I'm sure it was my general personality/attitude but still) and strangely I never had a problem with him and always hoped we could be cool. I don't know why, I don't usually give a shit. He was a good poster though.

Jona/Drex/Jonex: Definitely miss having these guys around. It was weird that they were so closely associated and thought of but personality-wise fairly different lol.

Cyanide: I think he still posts sometimes, I saw him in an Apple thread a while ago. Him and Legend were a good combo before well... you know

Colin: Remember him being great at photoshop and just generally a good poster

Kevin: I always liked him, I think he started off as a shit poster but got better over time

Cableguy: Really good poster and just generally a cool guy to have around the boards

Magius: Don't really remember him

Bigh0rt: Was a good poster then everything went balls up when he became a mod (on the left)

Jowe: I used to spend hours and hours every week talking to him on MSN. One of my internet highlights was our daily ongoing commentary on the Olympics (I think in 2004). Also us using the drawing function on MSN to illustrate what it would look like if the New Orleans Hornets tried to play basketball during Hurricane Katrina lol.

Nick: Another guy I talked to heaps off the NLSC. Really really good guy and a good poster too. Annoying as hell about his band name though :lol:

The GOAT: I think he would've been a really good poster had he not got into trouble and disappeared. He was young but knew how the place worked.

Jugs: Still posts all the time at RealGM and texted me earlier today actually. One of the funniest people I know

Fenix: Bit of a girl but I thought he was a good poster

Riot: Was always hugely underrated and exceptionally racist lol

Indy: Good poster and a cool guy but his Pacers love was ridiculous

Bhzmafia: I don't remember him too much but I think I liked him

Mine would be Stevan, Dmit, Matthew and probably a few others I'm forgetting. Oh Dahl as well. Matthew was a great poster but obviously took his focus away from posting and directed it at Andrew, Dmit went to .org then vanished and Stevan was an incredible poster who also just vanished. Shame.
J@3

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:30 pm

Stevan's overdue for a comeback, even if it's just to drop by and post in a few threads one day.

DR P is someone from the original boards that definitely deserves a mention; I don't remember offhand if he ever participated in the new Forum. He had a unique posting style and was great when it came to starting interesting topics in the general discussion sections.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby The X on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Mafia came back for a three day cameo before disappearing again. He's finished his undergrad at college I believe & now doing his Masters.

Definitely agree with you guys on Drex, Jonah, Nick, Jugs. There are many others but such is life.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:36 pm

I miss Dahl.....
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:09 pm

Same, good guy who did some really good work for the site over the years. Hope he's doing OK these days.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Its_asdf on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:53 am

Yeah I forgot about Dahl, he was a really helpful guy who shared my love for homestarrunner.com back when it was still funny!

Edit: I remember Legend but he was always so obnoxious to me. In my opinion he tried too hard to have that Dane Cook-esque sense of humour which I never find amusing so I never really liked him all that much.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Stress Fracture on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:57 pm

Does anybody remember frAn?
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:46 am

I do indeed. Great jersey patcher.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dc311 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:59 am

What about Rudy?Oh wait...I think that was already covered. :cussing:
Dc311
"F@*K YOU WHALE!!!F@*K YOU DOLPHIN!!!"
Contributor

Postby J@3 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:50 am

^ lol I had a Rudy quote in my sig for a while after he got banned. Had no idea it was Badger but it does seem to make sense.
J@3

Postby NovU on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:12 pm

Wasn't there a guy who thought he could make it to NBA and wanted to discuss how he should do it? I forgot the details but I remember him getting upset about lack of support but doubts. That was EPIC as fuck. Too bad I can't find the thread.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:38 pm

Rings a bell, but I think there have been a few like that over the years.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Oznogrd on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:52 pm

NovU wrote:Wasn't there a guy who thought he could make it to NBA and wanted to discuss how he should do it? I forgot the details but I remember him getting upset about lack of support but doubts. That was EPIC as fuck. Too bad I can't find the thread.

Check hardwood classics. Its in there
Oznogrd
Gummy bears are stupid and delicious!

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:34 pm

My favorite was the fat high school kid who said he was visited by Cavs or Pistons scouts. I think he made that thread in the patch request sections when he was requesting for a patcher to make his CF.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby rise on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Jae wrote:^ lol I had a Rudy quote in my sig for a while after he got banned. Had no idea it was Badger but it does seem to make sense.

Yeah, how many spazzes from Turkey do you know who still patch for NBA Live 2003? :lol:
NovU wrote:Wasn't there a guy who thought he could make it to NBA and wanted to discuss how he should do it? I forgot the details but I remember him getting upset about lack of support but doubts. That was EPIC as fuck. Too bad I can't find the thread.

t2r2s? That was a fucking hilarious thread. The lolcats kind of killed that thread a bit though.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby [Q] on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:15 pm

the Scoop & 3PK lovefest turned meltdown was the best meltdown in recent memory. looks like Scoop has renamed himself TomCat
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby J@3 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:30 pm

Yeah that was brilliant, their photoshop work was incredible on every level
J@3

Postby J@3 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:57 pm

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=68734

That thread reminds me, what happened to Null?

Also reading back on it, when I initially called them "crazy-speaking motherfuckers" I did actually mean it as a term of endearment because I thought I was finally cool with the Pinoys at that time :lol: usually I read back over my old flame posts and cringe but I'm quite proud of that thread. Especially the reply to flaming ninja telling me I could go to jail for posting a PM someone sent me lol
J@3

Postby deihatein on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:16 am

Qballer wrote:the Scoop & 3PK lovefest turned meltdown was the best meltdown in recent memory. looks like Scoop has renamed himself TomCat

That brings me back to the time where I actually managed to have good MSN conversation with those guys. :lol:
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Its_asdf on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:19 am

Oh man, Null17 was the man!

Also I remember Air Gordon was a pretty cool guy who kept the Chicago Bulls thread going with Andrew for quite some time.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:55 am

AG's still around, I believe he's a family man these days and doesn't have quite as much time to get on. Hopefully he'll be around more often when (if?) the lockout ends.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:07 pm

I can't believe shadowgrin still hasn't mentioned about his ex-boyfriend, Diddy. A Russian father who's perhaps the biggest fan of Heat.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:23 pm

I'm not the canadien Heat fan who's sexually obsessing over him.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Lean on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:51 pm

...and how shadowgrin almost fished Diddy's wife out in her birthday suit.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Next

Return to Off-Topic