Dear LiveJournal,

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Dear LiveJournal,

Postby Kenny on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:11 am

Just arrived in Denver last night and I have to say, the altitude here is a real thing. I managed to get a couple of hours of sleep, but since I'm not acclimatised to the thinner, drier air here, I couldn't sleep for any longer. I asked the hotel reception for a humidifier, so I'm hoping that can help a bit... but yeah, I totally understand now why the Nuggets had such a strong home advantage for a number of years.
Dion Waiters thinks you should check out my Sonics 2K17 thread.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:45 am

Reckon that'd knock me around a bit as well. Did you end up getting tickets to a game?
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:07 am

Yep, I'm going to tonight's game against the Nets and Sunday's game versus the Bucks. I wasn't sure about going to tonight's game, but I thought I owed it to myself to try and catch as many games as possible since I might not get this opportunity again (at least in the foreseeable future).
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:07 pm

Awesome!
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:26 am

Aside from the play that ultimately won the Nets the game, it was a lot of fun to watch live. I remember looking up at the scoreboard just before halftime and thinking "holy shit, Nikola Jokic already has a 20-10 game", so that was pretty special. They also paid tribute to Kenneth Faried, since it was his first time back in Denver since the trade (admittedly it was something I completely forgot about when buying the ticket). It was just a shame that he got a DNP on the night, I would have loved to have seen him play - even in an opposing uniform. But he pretty much got a standing ovation from the crowd, so that was cool.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:40 am

Sounds like a great time, even though it wasn't the result you wanted. Did you pick up any merch?

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby spiderxx7 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:10 pm

Great to hear that Kenny! You had to pick up some merch, right?
spiderxx7
Friendly neighborhood

Postby Kenny on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:53 am

I didn't pick up any merch after the Nets game. I was still struggling with altitude sickness, so my first instinct was to go back to my hotel and sleep it off (which I more or less did, thankfully).

I am, however, going to the game tonight against the Bucks. So that'll probably be my opportunity to get some merch :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Previous

Return to Off-Topic