Generic TV Thread

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby benji on Mon May 20, 2013 2:29 pm

All these have already been picked up. And most are already on the planned schedule: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%8 ... n_schedule

J@3 wrote:The Blacklist looks good aside from giving away the entire (what I'm assuming) pilot in their trailer from start to finish.

Seems like almost all of these except maybe the comedies give away the entire pilot plot.
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14551
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 10:09 am

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby benji on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Hannibal got renewed for a second season.

And Suburgatory's renewal comes with casualties: http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/alan-tu ... burgatory/
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14551
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 10:09 am

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:20 pm

With the drama it got on the whole renewed/canceled, I don't see Hannibal getting a season 3.
User avatar
SoF'nAwesome
MVP
 
Posts: 2111
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby J@3 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:57 pm

I wouldn't be shocked if Hannibal wound up like Damages and switched networks at some point. I've only watched the first episode but I really liked it.
User avatar
J@3
 
Posts: 19815
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:25 pm
Location: MLB

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby benji on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:12 pm

The guy who is in charge of Hannibal apparently has plotted out seven seasons or more worth to get the series to Silence of the Lambs. (Which is where it's supposed to end.) And is ready to compress it or whatever.

Burn Notice final season premiere so hott.
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14551
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 10:09 am

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:39 pm

Seven seasons? Not so smart for a serial killer show writer.
User avatar
SoF'nAwesome
MVP
 
Posts: 2111
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby Jackal on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:33 am

SoF'nAwesome wrote:Seven seasons? Not so smart for a serial killer show writer.


Yeah, that Dexter show totally bombed indeed.
User avatar
Jackal
 
Posts: 14871
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:59 am

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Dexter and this isn't the same. And Dexter was way back in 2005 if I remember correctly. Nowadays, you just simply can't put so much into the future of a show. It doesn't work like that. Shit gets canceled pretty fast.

The writers of Homeland started writing the 3rd season after season 2 ended. That's how it is.
User avatar
SoF'nAwesome
MVP
 
Posts: 2111
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:02 pm

Possible that he already had the entire concept in his head from start to finish and needed seven acts to completely flesh out Hannibal's backstory before Silence and wrote it even before the pitch was made to the networks.
I don't see what's not so smart about that.

Even if he only started plotting out the concept up to Silence, which requires seven seasons or more, during the first season's run that's good planning instead of rushing the story when it's only needed.

Hmm, so if it's up to Silence the story will eventually cross with the events in Red Dragon.
Last edited by shadowgrin on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer
 
Posts: 23221
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:21 am
Location: In your mind

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Well, you would have seen "what's not so smart" about that if the show had gotten canceled after season 1.
User avatar
SoF'nAwesome
MVP
 
Posts: 2111
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:11 pm

Writing in advance and planning isn't a smart move? So you'd rather have him rush and hack the story season after season if it doesn't get cancelled that may result in terrible writing?
Last edited by shadowgrin on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer
 
Posts: 23221
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:21 am
Location: In your mind

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:15 pm

Well, if you already have written 7 seasons, then were are the edits based on crowd reaction? Everybody hates this fucking character but he is still around for 7 seasons. And as I said, now-a-days it's not, really. It's kinda like the case of LaGuerta from Dexter for me(I couldn't stand her). She went on for 7 seasons while "surprise, motherfucker" died so early.

EDITING: Think and post. Don't post and edit, that's weak bruh :P
User avatar
SoF'nAwesome
MVP
 
Posts: 2111
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:34 pm

I'm talking about Hannibal so I have no idea how the crowd will react to characters if it reaches 7 seasons.

As for editing the story just to suit audience reaction...because that's how the story goes.
If a well-liked character dies early and the hated one lasts long then that's how the story progresses, deal with it.
If the writer edits the story in a way that pleases people because of one likable supporting character then it's straying away from the overall direction of the story and instead turns into a fan service because of the changes needed just to accommodate that well liked supporting character.

If you want instant gratification and fan service go read comic books.

I edited my posts to add and not to hide something and edited it before I even saw the posts after it, that's why I'm replying in new posts instead of putting it in my edits, bruh.

You should do more of that first thing you mentioned, 'think'. Step up your reasoning, bruh.
Funny how you edited the typos in your recent post and yet calls out someone for editing. Good thing I'm not a typo nazi, bruh.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer
 
Posts: 23221
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:21 am
Location: In your mind

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:37 am

Last post regarding this matter. I can't go on shitting against you in every thread. You are just too on dope to accept you are wrong & other people can have "facts" as well.

You don't need 7 seasons to know the crowd reaction. Most shows go on a break mid-season, they change the storyline and some characteristics then if not, then at the end of the season. "Fan service"? Isn't that something?

Well, one thing I got is that you like "bruh", so I'm gonna keep using that. I don't need to step up my reasoning, bruh. You need to stop making those mazes. I don't edit typos. In fact you can see in my previous post "were" instead of "where". And the "editing" only becomes visible after someone has seen your post. Unless I can edit a hundred times and it won't show. So, I don't know how you got that typo editing theory, bruh. I'm not a typo nazi. I picked it up from [you]
shadowgrin wrote:Editing your posts won't hide your idiocy
., bruh.

Anyway, sorry for going well off-topic, again. Last time, I promise.
User avatar
SoF'nAwesome
MVP
 
Posts: 2111
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:12 am

Who's talking about needing 7 seasons for crowd reaction?
Hannibal only has a season under its belt so there will be new characters or character development for the recurring ones in upcoming season/s so they will either be hated or liked. I don't know the future bruh.


SoF'nAwesome wrote:Most shows go on a break mid-season, they change the storyline and some characteristics then if not, then at the end of the season. "Fan service"? Isn't that something?

What? So? Cool story?
I was addressing this bruh...
Everybody hates this fucking character but he is still around for 7 seasons. And as I said, now-a-days it's not, really. It's kinda like the case of LaGuerta from Dexter for me(I couldn't stand her). She went on for 7 seasons while "surprise, motherfucker" died so early.
shadowgrin wrote:...because that's how the story goes.
If a well-liked character dies early and the hated one lasts long then that's how the story progresses, deal with it.



Funny how that thread you linked doesn't show that dope being a deliberate typo nazi. Said dope was referring to being a flip flopping idiot and not typos.


The post only shows it has been edited when there's a post after it, if none then it doesn't note it, for regular members anyway.
Type a reply in the quick reply box. Click preview. Go down to quote something for emphasis. Notice that the previous post had changed. Submit the reply later because the panda porn has loaded.
That's how edits in a previous post can be seen without the post being noted as edited unless of course the reader has inferior memory to that of a fruit fly.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer
 
Posts: 23221
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:21 am
Location: In your mind

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby benji on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Portlandia renewed for two more seasons.
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14551
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 10:09 am

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby [Q] on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:06 pm

fucking NBA playoffs have been getting me on a lot of tbs/tnt shows.

i refuse to watch the hero w/ the rock because the commercials were annoying, especially the multiple shirt one.
franklin & bash- i just watch because zack morris is in it
sullivan & son- 1st season was actually pretty decent.
motherfucking falling skies- this show has been borderline annoying and i tried to stop after season 1 but for some reason, i am still watching it. why? i have no idea.
that one show where the people had to escape from different places like alcatraz- the alcatraz one was interesting. it was weird because if you got caught, you got sent back to the beginning.
who gets the last laugh?- it's pretty much hit or miss. it's basically 3 punk'd skits in 30 a 30 min show. best episode was with charlie murphy & owen benjamin. Bobby Lee's prank was also funny
king of the nerds- watched because there was a hot asian chick in it. stopped watching after 1 or 2 episodes
men at work- has that guy from that show Las Vegas and that 70's show (which i never watched). it has its moments, but a lot of times i could go a whole episode without laughing. it was entertaining enough for me to pass the time with it while eating but if it never came back, i wouldnt really care
deon cole's black box- first episode was this week. dvred it because i was curious how the format was. i figured it was a black, somewhat smarter version of tosh.0. will give it one more shot next week.
Image
User avatar
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 13807
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:20 am
Location: Westside, the best side

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:12 pm

Hot Asian chicks :mrgreen:

"motherfucking" Falling Skies. This show couldn't get awesome-er :bowdown2:
User avatar
SoF'nAwesome
MVP
 
Posts: 2111
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby [Q] on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:34 pm

there are a lot of things that i don't like about it, but i want to see what happens so i have to keep watching
Image
User avatar
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 13807
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:20 am
Location: Westside, the best side

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby ixcuincle on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Junior MasterChef was a hit in England / Australia and it's good to hear it'll be done in America. The thought of Gordon Ramsay yelling at kids telling them "IT'S RAW" is hilarious :lol:

Just finished watching a British comedy called Inbetweeners. Great, crude comedy about 4 high schoolers
User avatar
ixcuincle
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: Suburban Maryland

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby Leftos on Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:00 am

Does Bob's Burgers get better than what I've seen in the first 6 episodes of Season 1? A few laughs to be had here and there, but it's no Archer or 30 Rock as far as I'm concerned. I'm enticed enough to keep watching, but I'm curious.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
User avatar
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am
Location: Novato, CA, USA

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:54 am

It gets better, for my tastes. So... lower your standards...
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer
 
Posts: 23221
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:21 am
Location: In your mind

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby Leftos on Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:56 am

A bit lower and I might actually find you fun to be around. So no, thanks.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
User avatar
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am
Location: Novato, CA, USA

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby ixcuincle on Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:01 pm

Leftos wrote:Does Bob's Burgers get better than what I've seen in the first 6 episodes of Season 1? A few laughs to be had here and there, but it's no Archer or 30 Rock as far as I'm concerned. I'm enticed enough to keep watching, but I'm curious.


Bob's Burgers is one of the funniest shows on FOX on Sunday nights. It's gone miles ahead of shows like Family Guy.

I thought the first 6 eps were fine, so I don't know how you'd feel about the rest of them. The way the kids act is hilarious
User avatar
ixcuincle
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: Suburban Maryland

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby el badman on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:10 pm

ixcuincle wrote:
Leftos wrote:Does Bob's Burgers get better than what I've seen in the first 6 episodes of Season 1? A few laughs to be had here and there, but it's no Archer or 30 Rock as far as I'm concerned. I'm enticed enough to keep watching, but I'm curious.


Bob's Burgers is one of the funniest shows on FOX on Sunday nights. It's gone miles ahead of shows like Family Guy.

That.
This show got awesome very fast.
El Badmanator V: Intel i9-9900KF @3.6GHz, Nvidia GTX 2080 8GB; Dell 2K 27"Monitor w/G-Sync @144Hz; Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; OCZ Vertex4 256GB SSD; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra mobo; G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4-3600 16GB RAM; Thermaltake 750W PSU; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; Logitech G560 speakers; Gigabyte Aivia Osmium mechanical keyboard; Smilodon Dirk-Tooth case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
User avatar
el badman
Last of the Meheecans
 
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:42 am
Location: El Paso, TX

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests