Generic TV Thread

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:19 am

HIMYM, huh I ain't even mad if that plot twist is real.

Some could see it as a cheap way to generate some feels but it's reasonable enough that it still fits the format or why the show is presented that way.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:36 am

You mean the implication that the Mother is dying in the year 2024? Yeah, it makes sense, but I kind of hope they don't go down that road. I'd prefer a happier ending given what Ted has had to go through for the past few seasons in particular, but it definitely would fit.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:35 am

3 episodes into True Detective and I'm all in on getting through the next 4 before Sunday's finale. Excellent story telling thus far, and I'm very intrigued to unravel whatever the heck is going on. Also love both Marty and Rust's characters.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:55 pm

dude, what a great show. very movie-like. sad that they'll have new characters next season
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:10 pm

Nobody gave any credits to the guy that brought it up in the first place! :furious: :lol:

Anyway, I just watched the last Walking Dead episode. OMG... worst episode of all-time? I thought I was gonna die in that last scene in the dark where they just kept talking. Come to think of it, less of Daryl. I like when he talks less & crossbows more.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:18 pm

SoF'nAwesome wrote:Nobody gave any credits to the guy that brought it up in the first place! :furious: :lol:

I saw you talked about it and ignored it. my friend had also recommended it to me before also :P
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:56 am

Is it just me or the last two episodes of Suits felt empty? Seems like there is no strong plot/script for this part of the season yet. The whole Oxford thing was only one episode worthy.

TWD. They should have only 6 episode seasons from now on. Just because it gets 15 million viewers doesn't mean they just HAVE to make at least 12 or more episodes. Maybe that's why season 1 was the best.

New shows I watched: Growing Up Fisher, About A Boy & Crisis-- all suck. The first two will most likely get renewed. And it's too early for Crisis. X-Files fans can give it a go though.

Qballer wrote:I saw you talked about it and ignored it.

lolz that nice :P

But imo, True Detective could have been better. The first episode was so great...but still, the best new of this year so far.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby [Q] on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:44 am

SoF'nAwesome wrote:TWD. They should have only 6 episode seasons from now on. Just because it gets 15 million viewers doesn't mean they just HAVE to make at least 12 or more episodes. Maybe that's why season 1 was the best.

Word.
Qballer wrote:I saw you talked about it and ignored it.

lolz that nice :P

But imo, True Detective could have been better. The first episode was so great...but still, the best new of this year so far.

Honestly I wasn't fully hooked until the 2nd episode as in the 1st i was still trying to figure everything out. at episode 5 or so the mystery was too much for me... I really wanted to know who the Yellow King was!
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:49 am

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/usa-white-collar-six-episode-final-season/
One of USA Network‘s signature series, drama White Collar, is poised to wrap its run with a six-episode sixth and final season. There is no official word yet, but I hear the network and series producer Fox TV Studios are finalizing the deal. The size of the order looks like a compromise between a movie/mini-series conclusion USA had been considering and a full-length season, sought by producer FfvS.
benji

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:18 pm

Walking Dead finale?

They didn't even bother to include all the main characters? And maybe forgot about Beth? What was the shocker point of the finale? Rick biting? I was so looking forward to seeing the emotional black man Tyrese. Only good thing about the episode was old angel Hershel. And I hope they kill off Carl in the next season premiere.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby [Q] on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:09 pm

yeah i was surprised no carol tyrese or beth but i assume they will be addressed at the beginning of next season. the whole cannibal thing was spoiled for me last week when i read this "speculatory" article on the finale so that sucked. yeah the best part was rick biting the dude and i agree carl needs to die.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:18 pm

HIMYM finale. wow. it definitely made up for a lot of the bad season they had recently. this one seemed to drag on forever.

Ever since Robin started going out with Barney, I've turned against them (I mean, seriously, how is this okay in any world under the Bro Code? even with permission?). I've grown to love the mother Tracy over the season, thinking Ted finally got what he wanted, what he deserved. It was a long, 9 year payoff. Plus, the icing on top was Robin admitting on her wedding day that Ted is the one she should be marrying.

Everything was going great, [spoiler]until they got to the very end. I loved how Barney & Robin's marriage deteriorated while Ted's was going great. But they put this great new character on us, and they take her away. Yeah the ending makes a lot of sense, but it wouldve been more satisfying had he gotten her the first time and before I hated her.

But overall it was a great series and I'm glad I started watching from the beginning in 2005. There were times when they seemed to get away from the whole premise, but it was a fun ride and not sure if the spinoff will live up to this one.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:20 pm

I enjoyed the last couple of seasons more than you did, though as with any long running series, there were missteps and average episodes. I didn't completely love the finale, I'm not sure that I would've preferred a couple of the choices that they made, but they tied it up nicely and like you said, it made sense.

I'm not surprised at the outrage in the fanbase because it's impossible to end any kind of series in a way that will make everyone happy, though I have to respectfully disagree with those fans. If nothing else, turning on the whole series and the enjoyment they've gotten out of it because the ending wasn't exactly what they wanted is a bit of an overreaction.

I too really enjoyed the ride, it's become one of my all-time favourite shows over the years. I'm also sceptical about the spinoff, though I'll probably check it out all the same. Others may have hated the ending, I was fine with it. At some point, I'll be watching it all again from start to finish, trying to pick up on little things here and there that I've missed the first time around, or even on subsequent viewings.

As for the spoilered stuff...I will admit, as much as it made sense and it looked like they were heavily hinting at it in "Vesuvius", I was a little disappointed that The Mother, Tracy, had passed away by 2030. I was hoping that it'd be a swerve, but it kind of speaks to how well they built it up that people were so affected by her death after one season of screen time. So yeah, again it makes sense...but it was kind of a shame to see at the same time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:40 pm

The ending makes more sense in the context of why he was telling this entire story in the first place and only met the Mother at the very end of it. Since presumably, the kids had heard stories WITH the mother in them as well as experiencing their own events.

benji

Postby [Q] on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:50 pm

well this would have been a great ending had they not gone too long with the show and painted themselves in a corner with their new storylines to keep things fresh i.e. Barney going out with Robin. had they pulled this off with Victoria, i don't think anyone would have had a problem with it which is what I think the creators were initially planning for and why they filmed the ending 8 years ago like that. but i don't think they could anticipate the show going so long that Ted moves on from Robin.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:32 pm

Well, he sort of moves on from Robin. After all, the ending reveals that he's actually telling the kids the story to reassure them that he did truly love their mother, but old feelings for Robin have resurfaced in the years following Tracy's death, and he's trying to justify acting upon them; to himself, and to Penny and Luke. I think that's a fairly realistic scenario, consistent with the story and characters. With all that happened in between the first couple of seasons and the last, it may not work quite as well, but I don't think the events of the middle seasons do that much damage to the overall narrative.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:07 pm

New show on FX called Fargo. Quite awesome.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby benji on Sun May 11, 2014 8:53 am

EVERYTHING IS CANCELLED, okay not really.

But Suburgatory, The Crazy Ones, Intelligence, Almost Human, Enlisted, Surviving Jack, The X Factor, Dracula, and Community all are.
benji

Postby JaoSming on Sun May 11, 2014 10:10 am

benji wrote:But Suburgatory

:(
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sun May 11, 2014 11:09 am

Shame about The Crazy Ones, I'd grown quite fond of it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sun May 11, 2014 5:59 pm

I heard they are thinking about doing a movie for Community.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby bigh0rt on Mon May 12, 2014 7:42 am

Of those shows, I was enjoying Surviving Jack. Hadn't seen any of the others. Unfortunate that it's being canceled.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Mon May 12, 2014 11:02 am

Really excited Fresh Off the Boat got picked up by abc. Based on Eddie Huang's memoirs, hopefully it will be better than the last show to feature a regular Asian American family, which was 20 years ago
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:19 am

It's Hulu's loss and the fans gain. Former NBC comedy “Community” will continue on at Yahoo Screen.

In a surprise last-minute deal, the show's producers Sony Pictures Television sold a 13-episode sixth season to the web video service.

“I am very pleased that Community will be returning for its predestined sixth season on Yahoo,” said show creator Dan Harmon in a statement. “I look forward to bringing our beloved NBC sitcom to a larger audience by moving it online. I vow to dominate our new competition. Rest easy, Big Bang Theory. Look out, Bang Bus!”

Star Joel McHale added, “The reports of our cancelation have been greatly exaggerated.” —Mark Twain (The other version of this quote has been wrong for years). # SixSeasonsAndaMovie is real. Thank you Sony. Thank you Yahoo. Thank you Dan Harmon. And thank you to the greatest f%$#ing fans in the history of the human race. It's the internet. We can swear now.”
benji

Postby Kevin on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:31 am

YES! Yes! YES!
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic