Generic TV Thread

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby [Q] on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:29 pm

Pop Pop!
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:55 pm

After HIMYM I got so sad I watched this because I was bored and boom. It was worth it.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Community is better than Big Bang Theory. But it never came back to its original standard after that abysmal season 3. Plus, last season it lost its duo Troy and Abed and the season before that Pierce. So, I wasn't really surprised that cancellation.

Nothing beats The Killing though, cancelled & renewed twice :lol:
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Kevin on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:40 pm

Meh. I love TBBT. And yeah, the loss of chlidish gambino hurt the community. And I also miss Pierce's racist comments and dry humour.

I.HOPE.THERE.IS.

Troy and Abed in the moooorning!
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:55 am

Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn to lead season 2 of True Detective loool.

This too...
“Fast and Furious” helmer Justin Lin is on board to direct the first two episodes of the eight-episode season.

:bowdown: Awesome :bowdown2:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Phil89 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:46 pm

http://deadline.com/2015/03/x-files-ret ... 201397721/
Mulder and Scully are back! Thirteen years after The X-Files ended its nine-season run on Fox and months after talks about a new TV installment started, the sci-fi hit is returning as a six-episode event series from series creator/executive producer Chris Carter, with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson set to reprise their roles as FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

Production on the event series, whose plot is not being revealed, is set to begin this summer. It is unclear if any of the famous X-Files alumni, including former exec producers Frank Spotnitz, Howard Gordon and Vince Gilligan, would be involved. 20th Century Fox TV and Carter’s Ten Thirteen Prods, which produced the original series, are back for the event series.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby benji on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:45 pm

So there's this now cancelled show Benched. But dat cast:
Eliza Coupe (Scrubs, Happy Endings)
Jay Harrington (Better Off Ted)
Oscar Nunez (The Office)
Maria Bamford
benji

Postby Kenny on Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:31 pm

Did anyone watch the third season of Orange is the New Black?

After really enjoying the first two seasons of it, I was incredibly disappointed with the third. I have a bad feeling it's turning into Weeds.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:39 am

I thought it was pretty good. I actually didn't like the show at first because I watched the first episode and the girl was really annoying. Wound up picking it up in Season 2 after realizing that the show was great because they didn't focus on her.
In season 3, Piper's screen time/drama was kept to a minimum which I appreciated. Also, Red annoys me and she had less screen time than last season with her drama with V.

I like the back stories of the other inmates, which there was plenty of. Sad that one of my favorite characters got sent away to Max halfway through. Liked the new character. I read an article about her and was like "she doesn't look like anyone on the show" but then realized she would come in later in the season. I was hoping Piper would get with her.

Battlebots!!! was good if you DVRed it and skipped to the fights.

Anthony Anderson & Toni Braxton were great on Celebrity Family Feud. The game with the white people sucked.

True Detective was okay, but it will be compared to season 1 which was so great that season 2 will be a bit of a let down but I will try to enjoy it. I do appreciate that it takes place in LA!!! and my hometown/home county in Ventura County.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:08 am

Just got done watching the ending of season 1 of Orange is the new black.

I actually feel bad for Piper even though she deserved that (the breakup, not Pensablahblah). Also, fuck you Mr. Healy. I thought you were to be trusted!
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kenny on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:17 am

Season one was definitely my favourite. I watched all but three episodes on my flight to Los Angeles in February. I really enjoyed the second season as well.

And I agree with you Q, it's definitely the other inmates that are making the show at the moment. Poussey is probably my favourite character.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:33 pm

My god true detective was terrible
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:36 pm

Really? I was planning to watch it this weekend. :( What is the story about anyway?
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby bigh0rt on Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:29 am

Season 2 was intolerable for the most part. Convoluted and difficult to follow, and not interesting enough to really want to follow. The themes are uninteresting, for the most part, with the impotence and orphan ones being the most hard driven, and also the least I cared about. I also didn't need Tim Riggins' character at all. They could've had a real great season had they nixed Taylor Kitch entirely, had Vince Vaughn be a more tertiary character instead of so focal, and really developed Rachel McAdams and Colin Farrel, who were the main detectives anyway, and the most interesting. Could have really built up more behind McAdams' undercover episode with a bigger payoff, etc. You just can't spend only 8 episodes developing four main characters. That's the most I can write without spoiling, and I can't be bothered to use spoiler tags.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby el badman on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:15 am

Yea it certainly wasn't a fantastic season. They really tried to make it way too complex and convoluted for their own good, with too many central characters and not enough of a main villain. Hopefully they'll learn from those errors with next season. The Twitter viewer response after that season finale was just abysmal.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Lamrock on Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:45 am

I gave Bojack Horseman another try after hearing so many good things about the second season. The first few episodes aren't very good, but midway through season one, I was hooked. It's pretty funny, but it's also a surprisingly good drama. I didn't expect to care about the characters in a show about a talking horse, but lo and behold.

I also really like Rick and Morty. Best Adult Swim show in years.

As far as non-adult cartoons go... there's not really much on. I'd definitely recommend watching Silicon Valley though if you haven't been. That show's hilarious.
Lamrock

Postby buzzy on Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:57 am

I was surprised at how the plot in Silicon Valley hooked me. I wouln't call it the funniest show, but it's well written.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:44 pm

Speaking of well written shows, I'd recommend How To Get Away With Murder.

Every episode has a plot twist and you just keep guessing and guessing. You guys should try it, ASAP.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Jackal on Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:07 am

Mr. Robot on USA has been kicking ass so far. (9 episodes so far.)
Jackal

Postby bigh0rt on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:51 am

Jackal wrote:Mr. Robot on USA has been kicking ass so far. (9 episodes so far.)

Heard great things about it, going to binge it soon.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:44 pm

Asians on TV: Into the Badlands on AMC (best martial arts scenes since The Raid/Raid 2), Fresh off the Boat (Actually gotten better in Season 2 without the constraints of the real Eddie Huang's desire for true stories), Master of None (Seems to really "get" today's 30-ish year old generation. It's not like Friends or HIMYM where you see the same 5 people every day)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:40 am

Fresh off the Boat and Master or None are both A+
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby el badman on Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:32 am

Curious to see where AMC is going with that Into The Badlands. Certainly an entertaining premiere.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby [Q] on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:34 pm

AMC has been very smart with their 6 season premiere seasons to get people hooked, then regular seasons after that
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:11 pm

Mr. Robot was god-tier. The revelation in the second to last (I think...Darlene being his sister) episode was amazing. The confrontation with the wife in the last one nearly topped it.

Limitless is actually really good. Surpassed Blindspot quickly for best new broadcast show for me.

Gotham has been all over the place, but very entertaining at times. Fall Finale is supposed to go out with a bang, so hopefully the second half of the season takes a leap like in the first season.
benji

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic