FOR HIP HOP FANS...

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

FOR HIP HOP FANS...

Postby MAKAVELI THE DON on Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:02 am

The new Ja Rule album, "The Last Temptation" as you know will be out on the 19th of November.

The following week the new 2Pac album, "Better Dayz" will be out. The two disc set is said to be some wicked. The first single is "Thug Mansion" and there will also be a video for the Scareface joint, "My Block Remix" which is on the new 2Pac album & also another joint called "Mama's just a little girl" should also be made.

Also lookout for Nas' new album "God's Son" which is set to drop sometime between that time also.

Jay's first 2-Disc album, "The Blueprint 2, The Gift & Curse" hits stores tomorrow, the 12th of November.

Peace & Love.
MAKAVELI THE DON
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:47 am
Location: West Indies

Re: FOR HIP HOP FANS...

Postby BMG on Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:48 am

MAKAVELI THE DON wrote:The first single is "Thug Mansion" and there will also be a video for the Scareface joint, "My Block Remix" which is on the new 2Pac album & also another joint called "Mama's just a little girl" should also be made.

Also lookout for Nas' new album "God's Son" which is set to drop sometime between that time also.


yo i heard the 2pac album already and its pretty decent
they got this bad ass version of Thug Mansion wit Nas yo
that joint is on fire
User avatar
BMG
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:49 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Nick on Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:43 pm

Hi John,

It's Barnsey...remember me? I still haven't forgotten the advice you gave me on 'Publishing Labels - Independent or not?' :D

I haven't talked to you lately? you ever on AIM? i don't use ICQ anymore...
User avatar
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor
 
Posts: 6536
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:01 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby Clinton on Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:59 pm

Aren't Dre and Ice Cube bringing out new CDs at the same time sometime in the new year? Any news on that?
User avatar
Clinton
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:32 pm
Location: Pato son....

Postby BMG on Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:48 pm

Cube is signed to aftermath and dre is supposed to be producin his new lp

Helter Skelter is comin soon i say
User avatar
BMG
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:49 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby VC416 on Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:43 am

Dear Sir,
You put your name as Makaveli the Don, and then tell hip hop fans to enter... THEN YOU TALK ABOUT THE NEW JA RULE ALBUM.....
you then proceed to enumerate new albums....
you forgot Talib Kweli's quality, which drops next tuesday
the new roots album, phrenology, which drops the same date as 2pac's new album, and you also forgot that common is releasing a new album sometime around the middle of december.
It is beyond me that you can talk about Jay-Z's new album which actually included a song called "fuck all night" :roll: and Ja Rule who is a wannabe 2pac and who takes cuts from him just to seem "gangstah", and you forgot about probably the three best albums to hit shelves this year.
*pimpslap*
:roll:
User avatar
VC416
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:14 am
Location: Coming to a theatre near you

Postby DR. P on Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:06 am

VC416,

I beleive Makavelli left off Talib Kweli, the new roots album, and common because they're really not big movers-and-shakers in the rap game. Common, in my view is the best of that circuit/camp but really they don't do that much by way of sales, comparitively. Clearly, people like Ja Rule [unfortunately, who I agree is a (self-admitted) pac and DMX clone], Jay-Z, and Tupac are higher up on the rap totem pole than the individuals you mentioned. Moreover, the roots and other aligned groups don't get the heavy rotation that the aforsaid artists do, they're mostly underground for the most part. That's probably why Mak left them out, so no "pimpslap" is needed :D .

Best,

P
DR. P
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:49 pm
Location: Hobart, Tazmania

Postby VC416 on Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:34 am

I suppose... but still, the thought of people buying murder inc records makes me shudder. Even though I like Nas' music, I will definitely not be buying anything he releases under Murder Inc.
also, he said hip hop fans..... most true hip hop fans are anxious for the new releases I mentioned
User avatar
VC416
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:14 am
Location: Coming to a theatre near you

Postby BIG GREEN on Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:27 am

some..not all
Image
A big fan of the emerald hue and much higher state of being/
Yohance "thug" Bailey on the scene...now known as Big Green/
User avatar
BIG GREEN
 
Posts: 4415
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:18 pm
Location: Bronx, New york

Postby DR. P on Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:06 am

ANXIETY AND ANTICIPATION OVER THE ROOTS, COMMON, AND KALIB? NOW THAT'S A NEW ONE

he said hip hop fans..... most true hip hop fans are anxious for the new releases I mentioned[emphasis mine]


VC, I highly doubt "most" true hip hop fans would even break a sweat, let alone be anxious, for the releases of the groups you mentioned. All three are notorious for low album sales and Murder Inc. will sell more albums for Ja, Nas, Ashanti, and/or Charlie Baltimore in a Month than what the artists you mentioned will probably sell in a year [especially the former two that were mentioned]. This is not a PR announcement or endorsement for Murder INC, but that's simply a fact. The groups you mentioned aren't promoted very well and don't have as large a following as you give them credit for, trust me.

ONE "SHUDDER" AND YOUR ABANDONING AN ARTIST

the thought of people buying murder inc records makes me shudder. Even though I like Nas' music, I will definitely not be buying anything he releases under Murder Inc


Why would the thought of anyone buying a Murder INC record make you shudder? Nas is a respected artist [even defeated Jay-Z head-up in their storied battle] and Ja Rule [though a clone of DMX and Pac] does very well in the sales department, so why would it make you "shudder" to see people buying their albums? Morever, if you like Nas's music, as you say you do, then why would you abandon him merely because of his label affiliation? This makes little sense, if any, especially if the move makes him continue to step up his game. A true Nas fan, [or fan of anyone for that matter] wouldn't care what label he/she was on, only that his music remained tight.

Best,

P
DR. P
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:49 pm
Location: Hobart, Tazmania

Postby VC416 on Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:57 am

The reason I wouldn't buy Nas on murder inc, is because i dont wanna support what I see as blatant disrespect to true artists such as pac.
Also, Im going to buy Talib Kweli over Jay Z, because frankly, Im sure he needs the money much more. I will support artists that arent aboslutely rolling in money (see Mr.Lif, Aesop Rock, Slug) over artists such as Jay Z who are rolling in their money.
I dont know how you can't be anxious over the new Roots album. They have been very original in the past.
Murder Inc is selling more than talib's, common's and the roots label, MCA, which disgusts me. If you look at the individual artists and their creativity, there is absolutely no comparison.
Maybe you don't listen to the lyrics, but I do. Ja Rule's lyrics are pretty dumb.....
User avatar
VC416
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:14 am
Location: Coming to a theatre near you

Postby TheBob on Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:28 am

DR. P wrote: Morever, if you like Nas's music, as you say you do, then why would you abandon him merely because of his label affiliation? This makes little sense, if any, especially if the move makes him continue to step up his game. A true Nas fan, [or fan of anyone for that matter] wouldn't care what label he/she was on, only that his music remained tight.


I completely disagree with you here P. It makes a lot of sense for someone to stop financially supporting an artist if they don't like what their record label is about. He never said that he would stop listening to Nas' music just that he would stop buying his albums so as not to support Murder Inc. All this shows is that he isn't a Murder Inc. fan not that he isn't a Nas fan. Is this situation not somewhat similar to what hapened with the Hornets in Charlote? The fans didn't like the owners so they stopped attending games yet I'm sure they probably still followed the team's success via television, radio and the internet.
User avatar
TheBob
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:51 am

Postby DR. P on Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:19 pm

I completely disagree with you here P. It makes a lot of sense for someone to stop financially supporting an artist if they don't like what their record label is about. He never said that he would stop listening to Nas' music just that he would stop buying his albums so as not to support Murder Inc.


Well Bob, you are free to disagree that's your perogative. But not financially supporting an artist for his/her affiliations sounds a bit unreasonable to me. Anyone who know's Nas's situation would know that the move was not made because he particularly liked Irv Gotti and Ja Rule, it was made as an astute business move to increase his capital. Which ironically is the same reason why VC said he would support the Kweli. Is it that not in the deep structure of his statement? See for yourself:

"Im going to buy Talib Kweli over Jay Z, because frankly, Im sure he needs the money much more. I will support artists that arent aboslutely rolling in money... [emphasis added]"

So let me get this logic straight, I'll buy/support an artist if I perceive that he/she is not doing well or needs the money, but I won't support an artist who switches labels to make more money because he wasn't making it where he was before? O.K., that makes perfect sense :shock: . Moreover, by not supporting an artist that you will still "listen to" you are in essence saying I still like you, your material is great and I still rock your music, BUT because you wanted to put yourself in a better position, I have to cut you back? I'm sorry, I just don't follow that logic.

Again, VC and you don't have to justify why you listen to certain music to me, but you must admit the rationale that was given doesn't make much sense to me in the grand scheme of things.
DR. P
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:49 pm
Location: Hobart, Tazmania

Postby BMG on Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:05 pm

Nick Takes 3 wrote:Hi John,

It's Barnsey...remember me? I still haven't forgotten the advice you gave me on 'Publishing Labels - Independent or not?' :D

I haven't talked to you lately? you ever on AIM? i don't use ICQ anymore...


G'Day barnsey
no man i dont mess with aim
hackers paradise
hit me up on icq
im still balling,just now with 2003
cya mate lol
User avatar
BMG
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:49 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby BMG on Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:10 pm

now on this nas topic..........
yo man nas is a hypocrite
he was talkin about all that junk about jigga bein a fake a thug
now he joins Murder inc
that just doesnt add up yo
i think hes just tryin to boost his record sales
User avatar
BMG
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:49 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby MAKAVELI THE DON on Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:54 pm

Yo, I had no idea someone would get all hyped because I didn't mention a few people's albums. I posted "FOR HIP HOP FANS" on since the 11th of November and I didn't know about Common and that group your blabbing about, album. Sorry, I was only mentioning the hot new releases that everyone will be buying. (No offense to Common and whoever that group is, i've never heard of them before in my life)

But I just don't understand why everyone is hating on Ja Rule. Some people don't know this, but last month at a Ja Rule & Ashanti concert, he should tribute to all the dead artist. But he saved 2Pac for last and showed clipse & video footage of 'Pac and was screaming out Pac's name and of coarse the crowd went wild.

Ja Rule has never and doesn't sound anything like Tupac, even though he may look and dress like him sometimes. I am true 2Pac fan as you can find, so take it from me; stop player hating Ja and give him his props. As for DMX, I don't know what has become of him? Ja Rule has past and is better than DMX. (Just my opinion, so don't blast me anyone for my comments) How could someone sell over 10 million records; (And then there was X) and then come back with (The Great Depression) which isn't so great (even Gotti said it) and only sell 2 million.

Not only myself, but alot of people has said it, every album DMX does he keeps getting worst and worst. His second and first and third albums are better than his last one. Some people are saying that he's trying cut out all the gansta vibes and badwords and so forth and trying to be much kind hearted. That what it seems like to me also considering all the good charity work and concerts DMX has been doing. And that's good; but that doesn't mean he still can't be hot which he's not anymore at the moment.

But that's that, personally the best rapper in the game right now is Slim Shady (hands down). He's not bad for a white boy and make sure you all go and see the movie "8 Mile" it's hot.

Peace & Love,
Makaveli The Don.
MAKAVELI THE DON
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:47 am
Location: West Indies

Postby Nick on Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:10 am

G'Day barnsey
no man i dont mess with aim
hackers paradise
hit me up on icq
im still balling,just now with 2003
cya mate lol

Oh, i hate ICQ, I can't get it working, i formatted my computer and i've lost all my contacts...what's yer number again? PM me about it if you don't want anybody knowing.
Well when i get my copy of Live 03 i'm gonna play ya, and i'm gonna win too :D.

Cheers,
Nick.

p.s. That's one crazy avatar ya got there...
User avatar
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor
 
Posts: 6536
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:01 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby TheBob on Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:00 am

So let me get this logic straight, I'll buy/support an artist if I perceive that he/she is not doing well or needs the money, but I won't support an artist who switches labels to make more money because he wasn't making it where he was before?


The fact of the matter is that Vc416 said he wouldn't support the artist because he didn't want to
support what I(he) see(s) as blatant disrespect to true artists such as pac.


He never said he wouldn't support him because he went to make more money. However, even if he did it still makes sense for someone to not financially support someone who they believe to be a sellout.

This discussion doesn't need to keep going on though because this is just a case of arguing for the sake of arguing really, there's nothing productive comming out of this.
User avatar
TheBob
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:51 am

Postby BMG on Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:16 am

Nick Takes 3 wrote:
p.s. That's one crazy avatar ya got there...[/b][/color]


Thank you
User avatar
BMG
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:49 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby VC416 on Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:43 am

Makaveli the Don,
at least Dr P has an informed opinion... If you don't know who Common, The roots, or Talib Kweli are, you are probably living on MTV select, and or MuchMusic countdown. you are not a true hip hop fan.
Im sure you probably know something about basketball, but rest assured, you don't know shit about hip hop and you shouldn't be making threads about hip hop if you're not going to include some of the greatest hip hop artists in the past few years.
Dont insult 2pac and his legacy by jacking his name then speaking uneducated idiocies, anywhere at anytime. All you would have needed to do is type in Hip Hop on google.com, and read for five minutes. I suggest you do that an come back a little less ignorant than you were before.

now on this nas topic..........
yo man nas is a hypocrite
he was talkin about all that junk about jigga bein a fake a thug
now he joins Murder inc
that just doesnt add up yo
i think hes just tryin to boost his record sales

Dr. P
that's basically what Im trying to say. I will not be buying any Murder Inc CDs.


P.S. who made you a doctor anyway? :wink:
User avatar
VC416
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:14 am
Location: Coming to a theatre near you

Postby DR. P on Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:32 pm

NO STRINGS ATTACHED

The fact of the matter is that Vc416 said he wouldn't support the artist because he didn't want to


That's fine and again its his perogative, but I really don't see how VC needs you to speak for him Bobby. My statement only pertained to his rationale behind his choice and I'm sure he can speak for himself on that one.

THE SELF-APPOINTED JUDGE AND JURY

This discussion doesn't need to keep going on though because this is just a case of arguing for the sake of arguing really, there's nothing productive comming out of this.


Well your certainly welcome to not continue to post in this thread if you don't have anything meaningful to add. And the question of whether its productive or not is a relative one. To you it may not be productive, which may stem ironically from the fact that you have not added anything of substance to the discussion. But in my view, its always interesting to understand people's motives behind their decision making processes. That's why I probed VC to understand why he chose not to subscribe [financially] to Nas anymore. But maybe that's not interesting to you which is fine, really I'm sure we all understand. But based upon how many posts have emerged in this thread so far, some of which have been from you, I'd say there's plenty coming out of this thread, so we'll let those posting decide when its time to close shop.

PAYED THE COST TO BE.......

P.S. who made you a doctor anyway?


Trust me, I've earned that one....

Best,

P
DR. P
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:49 pm
Location: Hobart, Tazmania

Postby Smooth on Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:19 pm

first of to put it simple: ja rule sucks...he ain't got no skills...

u guys should be talking about GZA's upcoming album...not some ja rule chart bullshit...u know,gza is a rapper...ja rule's just a poser
Smooth
 

Postby MAKAVELI THE DON on Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:04 am

Sometimes I just don't understand people?

All I did was just tell people about some hot upcoming albums releases and someone has to go and make an argument out of it, just because people don't know about some little stupid flop rap group and for you infomation, I do know who Common is and I dig his music. I just didn't know he had a new ablum coming out.

So please take a chill pill and stop player hating Nas and Ja Rule. People gotta make brothaz strive and not bring them down.

Let Peace Reign,

Makaveli The Don.
MAKAVELI THE DON
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:47 am
Location: West Indies

Postby BIG GREEN on Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:08 am

Big Money Gripp wrote:
Nick Takes 3 wrote:
p.s. That's one crazy avatar ya got there...[/b][/color]


Thank you


Garou mark of the wolf.Kim jae hoon...great game.I wish they would make the king of fighters games with that kind of graphics instead of that outdated 2D.
Image
A big fan of the emerald hue and much higher state of being/
Yohance "thug" Bailey on the scene...now known as Big Green/
User avatar
BIG GREEN
 
Posts: 4415
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:18 pm
Location: Bronx, New york

Postby TheBob on Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:53 am

What's with the condescending attitude P? I don't really have a problem with you but it seems like you do with me. Since when are people not allowed to agree with others? If I had agreed with you in an argument I'm more than sure that you would not object. I was simply trying to help you understand Vc's point seen as I thought I understood what he was trying to convey. Furthermore, I only made the statement about stopping the discussion because it just seemed to be me arguing with you and vice-versa. When I said discussion I only meant our ongoing dialogue not the entire thread.

Btw that was a weak attempt to patronize me by calling me Bobby...kinda low for you I thought.

Anyways, I hope there's no hard feelings.
User avatar
TheBob
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:51 am

Next

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests