Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:56 pm

I needed a screenshot of Vince Carter for this week's Friday Five. I figured while I was there, I'd get some other screenshots for the 25th Anniversary of NBA Live retrospective and other future features. Ended up putting this together.

phpBB [video]
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby cavs4872 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:36 am

I've really been trying to vary myself from 2K lately... this is what my weekend looked like:

Banjo-Kazooie - love the game and characters, but can't help feel it's overrated? The hub feels cumbersome, and Clanker's Cavern nearly turned me off from the game entirely, though thankfully it picks up after that. Even though Mario 64 pretty much did the same concept and made it great, it feels a bit more aimless in Banjo.

Another Crusade - the demo technically. This is a game heavily inspired by Mario RPG and aims to be a spiritual sequel of sorts (without actually being Mario). I backed the project for $25 to get my name in the credits, though it looks like it might not reach its goal (the game should still be made regardless).

phpBB [video]

Fall Guys - a free PS+ game that plays like Fortnite meets Mario Party... I'm not joking; worth a try.

Other games that got some play were Hitman 2, Smash Ultimate, Mario Maker 2, Spryo Reignited, Star Fox 64, Paper Mario: TOK, Gears Ultimate and of course a couple matches of 2K... all in a weekend's work my friends. :lol:
cavs4872

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:08 pm

I could never get into Banjo-Kazooie. I have similar feelings about Donkey Kong 64, despite how much I love the Donkey Kong Country series on SNES. When I look back at some of those N64 era platformers, I tend to have the same gripes: too much repetition as you play the same levels over and over again to collect all the required plot tokens (stars, golden bananas, jiggies). For me, they don't hold up as well as Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:37 am

My cousin hyped up Fall Guys a lot and I've been enjoying it so far. It's much like the American TV show Wipeout
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby JayZz on Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:18 am

Clash of Clans and LOL right now. Quite entertaining. I use chrome vpn to protect my privacy while playing online. It helps to bypass all restrictions also and doesn't cost much. Useful tool for every gamer these days.
JayZz

Previous

Return to Off-Topic