Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:39 pm

Some are:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=91118

I actually picked it up with a Green Man Gaming voucher, but I haven't played it yet. I expect I'll pick it up once I've grown weary of the games I'm playing at the moment (NBA 2K14, GTA V, WWE 2K14 and another playthrough of Fallout 3).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:51 pm

JaoSming wrote:GTA V isn't getting much playtime from me because it is a damn time sucker. I wanted to pop on and play a bit with Q last night, ended up playing for a couple hours....

yeah that survival mode was fun, although i was content to stay in that covered area and you were a bit more adventurous :lol:
my friends held it down on the other side with the chain guns
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:33 pm

How far did you guys get in survival? Only one I played was that barn with the meth heads. I haven't had more than one or two teammates but I got to level 12 or something. There is a nice broken down bus by the plane that I take cover in and most of them come from one angle.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:36 pm

it ended at wave 10 right?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:49 am

Oh, maybe I got to 9, then. I forgot this wasn't the Gta thread as well.

So back on topic. State of decay. Nice little zombie survival 3rd person game with an open world and permadeath, but you can switch between characters if they die, and you have to switch to let people rest. Combat is focused on melee, and the are some cool finishing animations, but the actual amount of animations are pretty limited. No cut scenes, but some scripted stories and decisions to make that can change the out come of the game.

A little bit dayz a little bit Gta, a little bit walking dead, good game for $20. It's not officially released but is an early access game right now.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am

Pdub wrote:a little bit walking dead, good game for $20. It's not officially released but is an early access game right now.

Wait, the season 2 of telltale's game?

EDIT: Nevermind, shadow just kick me in the ass.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby [Q] on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:04 am

Pdub wrote:How far did you guys get in survival? Only one I played was that barn with the meth heads. I haven't had more than one or two teammates but I got to level 12 or something. There is a nice broken down bus by the plane that I take cover in and most of them come from one angle.

yeah it ends after 10 and you get $20000 for your efforts. on the Sandy Shores survival level, there's a few places that you can hole up in and I beat that one on a regular basis. the others I usually get to waves 3-5
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby el badman on Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:49 am

Just finished Bioshock Infinite, and I must say I'm sort of captivated by the story now. I didn't necessarily get every single detail while playing, but after doing a bit more research I'm really impressed with the writing on that one. I'm not sure if all the pieces manage to fall together on this, but it's very solid writing. Certainly my favorite from the Bioshock series.
Now on to Tomb Raider, then Metro Last Light.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby homicide1550 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:52 am

Finished Arkham City including the HQ's Revenge DLC a couple days ago. Just started playing AC Revelations and was a little confused about the controls since it's been awhile after I played an AC game or maybe I just got a little used to Arkham's simple controls scheme.
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Lean on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Re-playing the Mass Effect trilogy to have a 'definitive' playthrough for future games to reference upon.

WREX MAD. U SALARIANS DEAD.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:12 pm

I never finished the second one. Hearing about that wonderful ending to the trilogy just killed it for me.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby el badman on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:40 am

I never finished the second one. Hearing about that wonderful ending to the trilogy just killed it for me.

The second one is the best one of the series though, I wouldn't pass on it if I were you.

Tomb Raider is pretty fucking stunning on "ultimate" settings, and it's actually quite fun too. I was bummed that I couldn't use my Rumblepad 2 with it at first (even using Xinput), but it's actually better with keyboard and mouse since it turns out to have so much shooting in it.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Lean on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Pdub wrote:I never finished the second one. Hearing about that wonderful ending to the trilogy just killed it for me.

Honestly, the trilogy is great. But the last few minutes ruined the thing. But ME3 has great gameplay. And I agree with badman about ME2 being the best of all three Mass Effect games. ME1 is my personal favorite.

el badman wrote:Tomb Raider is pretty fucking stunning on "ultimate" settings, and it's actually quite fun too. I was bummed that I couldn't use my Rumblepad 2 with it at first (even using Xinput), but it's actually better with keyboard and mouse since it turns out to have so much shooting in it.

Ditto.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Cpt(K) on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:10 pm

I've just recently started to play Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen, which is pretty interesting- only thing that grinds my gears is the tiresome running-everywhere-transit and a couple of other flounders like overused dialog for npc's (what game out there doesn't have this problem?) and bothersome clipping in combat (I.e A drake's head peeking at you through a tree or boulder). I think their concept of fast-traveling is rather unique but really annoying.. I wish it were optional. I'm on stage 3 of the game.
Cpt(K)

Postby [Q] on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:21 pm

They're giving away the TellTale Games Walking Dead away for free on PSN. Well, Episode 1 was free and I finished it in about 2 hours, but it was actually pretty fun. I liked that your choices affected the game much like my favorite PS3 Games Heavy Rain & Beyond, and they might have sold me on the rest of the episodes
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby deihatein on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Qballer wrote:They're giving away the TellTale Games Walking Dead away for free on PSN. Well, Episode 1 was free and I finished it in about 2 hours, but it was actually pretty fun. I liked that your choices affected the game much like my favorite PS3 Games Heavy Rain & Beyond, and they might have sold me on the rest of the episodes

You won't be disappointed if you purchase The Walking Dead Q, I can tell you that.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby el badman on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:51 am

Just finished Tomb Raider on PC. I didn't think I would enjoy it at first but I really did. The visuals are just phenomenal and the gameplay is very solid.
As expected, Metro: Last Light is absolutely gorgeous and the degree if immersion is incredible, I'd highly recommend it to FPS aficionados.
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby KrazyTomKrazy on Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:13 pm

I've been playing a lot of World Series of Poker on the 360. Downloaded it last week for free and for some stupid reason I have been addicted playing it on my spare time.
KrazyTomKrazy

Postby el badman on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:00 am

I finished Metro: Last Light and Gone Home, which were both stellar in different ways, and I finished the first episode of The Wolf Among Us, which is very promising too. I wasn't too sure at first with that one, being about fables and all, but it gets gritty and fucked up up really fast. and it keeps you on the edge of your seat. Now on to the 1st episode of The Walking Dead Season 2.
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby NovU on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:35 pm

I also finished the Walking Dead season 1 recently and now looking forward to S2E01. It was a great game especially for a lazy gamer like myself. There aren't too many games that will make you shed a tear. A few years ago, Nier did it. Recently, the Walking Dead did it. HUGE SPOILER: When Duck wad dying, it was pretty sad. And of course the ending... *sobs*
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Wuss.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby homicide1550 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:36 am

Done with AC Revelations + the DLC... Now thinking what game to play next or maybe get myself to playi NBA 2K14 again.
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby el badman on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:45 am

The 1st episode of The Walking Dead S2 was a little short but awesome nonetheless. Currently playing Crysis 3, which is pretty goddamn stunning looking on max settings, and some 2K14 here and there.
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby [Q] on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Finally bought the season Pass for TWD Season 1. Played Episode 2 tonight and :shock:
I commend them just for the sheer shock value of the story. totally worth the purchase. the 1-2 hours i spent on that was more entertaining than the whole season of the TV show
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:13 pm

Qballer wrote:the 1-2 hours i spent on that was more entertaining than the whole season of the TV show

Because of the power of making your own choices in how the story unfolds.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic