Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby cavs4872 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:36 pm

Kingdom Hears 3 bois; even if you're not a fan of Square, Disney or the convoluted story, you are going to be blown away by the scope of the worlds, graphics and color, plus, who doesn't want to see Donald and Goofy stare blankly at some guys in hoods talking about the darkness in Sora's heart. :lol: Nomura literally dropped the ball on the story, but the gameplay is so good that it doesn't even matter.

Edit: Also, this thread is so old that it started with Jao playing Mario 64 on the Virtual Console. :lol: I find the Mii Shop music to be nostalgic now, when it was designed to make us feel nostalgic in the first place!
Last edited by cavs4872 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
cavs4872
All I do is ball

Postby [Q] on Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:20 am

Been playing Apex Legends. It's a great change of pace from playing COD blackout mode and I love that they automatically sort and attach stuff for you and tell you if you already have a better item than what you want to pick up. I do wish they had auto sprint like black ops though.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:08 am

Downloaded it at the recommendation of a friend, but haven't played it yet.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:39 am

Today was an interesting day for new games. Last night I bought UFC 3 because it was on super sale for $13 on PS store. It was a game I had been kind of interested in but didn't wanna pay full price for. It's pretty fun for me as I train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu so creating myself as a fighter isn't as much of a stretch as myself as a 5'7" NBA player

Also, PSN free game of the month is Call of Duty Modern warfare remastered. I remember playing the original in college as was pretty good at it. Did okay my first couple games and then I couldn't seem to keep up with these young whippersnappers lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:53 pm

See, that's why you've got to exaggerate when you create MyPLAYERs in NBA 2K! You had some admirable efforts as a 5'7" power forward in a few 2K Pro-Am games, though. ;)
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby cavs4872 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:28 am

Am I the only one who there's a ton of games out there I want to play but always default to playing NBA, and that ends up consuming all my free time. :lol:
cavs4872
All I do is ball

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:16 am

You're not alone :wink:
my NBA2K : YouTube | flickr

"If that's the last image of Michael Jordan, how magnificent is it ?"
Bob Costas
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:49 am

My Steam library is full of games that I'd like to spend more time with, but I keep returning to basketball games and other old favourites. So yeah, you're definitely not alone.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:47 am

Last game I played was The Witness. Lots to like about that one, with clever puzzles, nice art style and a sort of implicit Metroidvania sensibility to it. Kind of boring too though, and with no real story payoff I'm not sure I'd recommend it.

Now I'm playing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. As a born-again Souls fan, this was a day one purchase, and I don't regret it. It's really good. Hard, but really good. On the surface it appears to be very similar to Ni-Oh, which I could not get into. But I like this one better. It's no Bloodborne, but it's a lot of fun.
Lamrock

Postby Leander on Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:55 am

NBA 2k19, NBA Playgrounds 2, Street Fighter V, Xcom 2 War of the Chosen, Darkest Dungeon...and a ton of new games in my library but not enough time. After years of inactivity here I came back because of 2k and because shooting some hoops is relaxing. The poetry of a swish, digitally or in real life. :)

My projects: music, games and more...
Leander

Postby deihatein on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:56 pm

I'm playing Persona 5 right now, before that I platinumed the first set of the Megaman X Legacy Collection.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Kevin on Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:27 am

New years resolution, in terms of gaming, is to finish half of my steam games' story missions. So far, I've finished Far Cry 3, L4D2, Arkham City GOTY, and Bioshock Infinite. There's still a shit ton of games I need to complete but I'm happy that I've completed 4 games so far. I'm playing and modding the crap out of GTA IV right now and I have 60+ missions to complete to finish it. :crazyeyes:
Mod Threads
2k14|2k15|2k16
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:35 am

That's a rather admirable gaming goal. I can't help but think of how many unfinished games I've got in my library.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:57 pm

After looking at my library, it is indeed a VERY admirable goal. I narrowed it down to single player, less than 1.5 decade-old games now so it'll be easier. Gods help me.
Mod Threads
2k14|2k15|2k16
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:12 am

I know there are some in my library I wouldn't bother with, stuff that I got in bundles or for a couple of bucks on sale just to check them out.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Leander on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Kevin wrote:New years resolution, in terms of gaming, is to finish half of my steam games' story missions. So far, I've finished Far Cry 3, L4D2, Arkham City GOTY, and Bioshock Infinite. There's still a shit ton of games I need to complete but I'm happy that I've completed 4 games so far. I'm playing and modding the crap out of GTA IV right now and I have 60+ missions to complete to finish it. :crazyeyes:

Far Cry 3 is awesome! Almost finished it but then my cloud save stopped working. Won't start from scratch again.

My projects: music, games and more...
Leander

Previous

Return to Off-Topic