General Football/Soccer Talk

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Postby Jing on Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:14 am

oooh.. those real madrid jerseys look much nicer... though i dunno.. that unicef FCB jersey... just soso (N)
Jing

Postby dada on Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:22 am

I dont believe the unicef logo will be on it. As far as I know Barca doesnt splash sponsors across their chest like that (one of the few teams). I may be wrong though but I would be surprised.
dada

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:46 am

Problems with strangers?
Zidane it!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Joe' on Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:58 am

funk99 wrote:haha all those stupid italian teams. i wouldnt mind roma winning it

Are you kidding?
Milan and Juventus ARE the Serie A. I don't know what the Serie A will be with Milan penalized by 15 points and Juve in Serie B.
I mean...I think next season the Serie B will be the new Serie A. There will be a lot more of competition there than in Serie A, where it is almost sure that Inter will win the Scudetto (this is the only way they could win it).
Another thing: next season Italy will be the shame of the Champions League: I mean...we will have Roma, Parma/Palermo and Inter in the Champions League :shake:
Well, I'm just waiting for the 07/08 season, hoping that Juventus will be in Serie A.
Dear Old World, you represent everything that's wrong...
Joe'
Sir Psycho Sexy

Postby dada on Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:43 am

Joey Jojo wrote:Problems with strangers?
Zidane it!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Damn that was funny. (y)

Joe. wrote:Well, I'm just waiting for the 07/08 season, hoping that Juventus will be in Serie A.

Yea, the Serie A will kinda be boring without those teams. Whenever I think of Serie A I think of Mian, Juve and Inter, and I would expect Inter to run away with it this year considering they may steal one or two players from the teams being relegated and theres really no outstanding competitor.
dada

Postby Jing on Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:37 am

wow the zidane one was funny as hell, yet dumb as hell as the same time
Jing

Postby Drex on Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:52 am

Yea, the Serie A will kinda be boring without those teams.

Without Juventus and Milan, I still think Serie A is as boring as golf. I enjoy the Premiership or La Liga a lot more.
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby dada on Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:09 am

dada

Postby Joe' on Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:27 am

LOL, the last one actually made me laugh :lol:
Joe'
Sir Psycho Sexy

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:10 am

:lol: on the Mario and Mortal Kombat ones.
The Zidane Dynasty video was just retarded, even retarded than what I posted.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Drex on Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:32 am

Haha, great videos man :lol: "Zidowned" and "Zidane wins the red one", with toasty included, made laugh out loud (Y)
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Anthony15 on Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:48 am

I heard that Milan stays in Serie A but gets taken away 15 points, is that true?
Anthony15

Postby Joe' on Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:11 am

Yes...it means they cannot partecipate to the Champions League too.
Joe'
Sir Psycho Sexy

Postby dada on Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:49 am

Was digging around and found these Real Madrid away kits. What do you think?

dada

Postby Srbija on Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:13 am

They look pretty slick. (Y)

dadamafia wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Xl0MXJoI9E&mode=related&search= <--this one is too retarded.

This one is a crack up.. Emperor Ming Zidane, Emperor Chow Zidane, Emperor Lee Zidane. :lol: :lol:
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby Joe' on Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:14 am

Will Real Madrid still have those alternate blue uniforms next season?
Anyways I've found some stuff regarding the 06/07 season Juve uniforms...they're OK, nothing special:

Home:

Away:

This one sucks but I don't think we'll use it...there aren't official pics:
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4055/juventushome0607nike8kuvh5.jpg
Joe'
Sir Psycho Sexy

Postby dada on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:03 am

Heres the blue.

dada

Postby Jugs on Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:01 pm

Jugs

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:26 am

4200 points (red card) on the 1st try. :)
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Anthony15 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:39 am

I got 3500 on 3rd try, red card
Anthony15

Postby #12 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:55 pm

Jugs wrote:http://www.addictinggames.com/zidaneheadbuttgame.html

Zidane headbutt game!

how far will this zidane incident go?

Postby Srbija on Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:15 pm

I agree #12, alot of people have been making various video's and other things about that headbutt.

Btw, I got 3900. :P
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby Pera on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:56 pm

That game is fun to play (Y) .I got 4100 (Y) .
Pera

Postby dada on Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:19 pm

I only got 3300. I suck. Only played once though.
dada

Postby dada on Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:04 am

espn soccernet wrote:Emirates Stadium opens doors for first time

Arsenal today opened the doors to their stunning £390million new home by inviting 20,000 supporters to sample the Emirates Stadium for the first time.

Just 66 days after saying goodbye to Highbury, the Arsenal squad staged a training session in front of the fans who lined the vast upper tier of the 60,000-capacity ground at Ashburton Grove.

Manager Arsene Wenger oversaw the session as stars such as Emmanuel Adebayor, Alexander Hleb, Manuel Almunia and £7million new signing Tomas Rosicky were put through their paces on the pristine pitch.

Wenger said: 'This is the third time the club has organised a Members' Day for supporters but this one is extra special of course as fans are getting the chance to see Emirates Stadium for the first time.

'It's a fantastic stadium and it needs a fantastic team. We believe we have a great team here and we want to challenge for the title and the Champions League.

'We also want to add one or two players.'

The state-of-the art ground will host its first match on Saturday when a crowd of 54,000 will see the Gunners take on Ajax in Dennis Bergkamp's testimonial.

Stars such as Ian Wright, Patrick Vieira and Johan Cruyff will take to the field as Arsenal bid farewell to the legendary Dutchman.

-->PICTURE GALLERY<--

realmadrid.com wrote:"We're taking care of business"

Capello is happy about the arrival of Cannavaro and Emerson, as well as the team's work

Coach Capello's first press conference since Real Madrid arrived in Irdning happened to coincide with the word that Cannavaro and Emerson would be playing for him again. Capello knows them well and he knows they can be of great service to the Club, but he doesn't want to take anything away from those who already play for Real Madrid. Referring to to the youth team players, he assured that "someone will have a spot on the squad." He also assessed the situations of Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo and Cassano.

You know who the first new players will be.
They are players we were going after. They're important to Real Madrid and they are great team players.

What do these two players mean to you?
They have experience and quality. They are competitive and their age doesn't worry me at all. Any good footballer can continue without any problems until he's 35 years old.

Will the next player be Zambrotta?
He's a great player, but it looks like he has already reached an agreement with Barcelona. But, we have Roberto Carlos and might bring in someone else, so we're not at all worried.

If Zambrotta isn't signed, how will Roberto Carlos' situation be resolved?
Let's see what happens. Mijatovic and I need to speak to him, but we're not in a rush. What's important is that we now know we're getting a defender and a midfielder.

Bayern looks like they want a piece of Van Nistelrooy as well.
We're trying to get him signed. Every Club wants to bring in important players, but it's the players themselves who have the final word.

Are you satisfied with everything you and Ramón Calderón talked about?
We're taking care of business. We had five goals, and two have been taken care of. Let's see if we can get the rest taken care of. No hurry at all.

And Kaká?
We'll see.

Are you pleased with the first few days in Austria?
We've worked hard and I'm satsified. My men push on, even after suffering from the work and heat. Our first friendly is tomorrow and each player will get about 45 minutes of playing time. They'll be tired and lack some speed due to all the work we've done. We can't think that we're loose and ready to play an official match.

Will you get Ronaldo back for this phase of the preseason?
No. Dr. Del Corral and I have decided he should stay in Brazil for two weeks and then return to Madrid. I don't see any reason to bring him to Austria.

Should he have had surgery sooner?
We have to see how things turn out, but I don't like dwelling on the subject. He had surgery last week, and that's it.

Are you happy with the performances of the eight youth team players?
They are working very well, but they had less vacation time than the rest so we didn't make them participate today. They're going to do some different exercises, but they are all very willing. We're thinking about what we need and we'll make some decision at a later date, but I'm sure somone will have a spot on the squad.

Why did Cassano work out alone? Is he doing well?
He's got some blisters on his feet so he can't put on his boots. I want him to be the player I used to know. I want him to be the difference-maker he used to be, so he's got a lot of work to do.

Do you already have an outline of the squad drawn up?
There are a lot of things to consider, but I'd rather speak about the players when they are here. There's still some time before we have to decide anything. I'm just observing now.
dada

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic