Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:09 am

To clarify, I'm not trying to bash TNA/Impact there. I'm just saying if we're going to say people aren't watching WWE because RAW had a 2.48 rating and around 3.5 million viewers, it's fair to say hardly anyone's watching TNA with a rating of 0.99 and 1.25 million viewers, a week after a year low of 0.86 and 1.12 million viewers.

Aside from there being just too much WWE programming, along with the criticisms we can make of the product itself, I think the ratings are a sign of the times. TNA's ratings aren't showing any improvement while WWE's ratings are falling to pre-Monday Night Wars era levels, suggesting that on top of everything else it's really only the hardcore-hardcore fans that are tuning in on a regular basis. Wrestling just isn't the hot thing at the moment.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:59 pm

Andrew wrote:suggesting that on top of everything else it's really only the hardcore-hardcore fans that are tuning in on a regular basis. Wrestling just isn't the hot thing at the moment

IMO its more the PG kiddies tuning into RAW, but not watching Impact. You guys are my only reference for "hardcore" viewers, so I guess that is true.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:42 pm

That too, I guess. This week's RAW also had the presidential debate to contend with along with Monday Night Football, on top of people tuning out for reasons related to the product itself. Not a good week for RAW, all things considered.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:47 pm

JaoSming wrote:
Andrew wrote:suggesting that on top of everything else it's really only the hardcore-hardcore fans that are tuning in on a regular basis. Wrestling just isn't the hot thing at the moment

IMO its more the PG kiddies tuning into RAW, but not watching Impact. You guys are my only reference for "hardcore" viewers, so I guess that is true.

Most of the true hardcore fans - as opposed to the "hardcore" WWE fans, ie kids - are probably watching ROH, or Japanese or Mexican wrestling, or their DVD collections. Impact has probably already blown its last chance with most of them, and WWE right now is absolutely awful when Punk or Bryan aren't onscreen, and even then it's iffy.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby koberulz on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:35 pm

TNA wants to charge me $38 to ship two DVDs totaling $22. I want them to die in a fire.
koberulz

Postby [Q] on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:21 am

Dolph Ziggler & Daniel Bryan are the only reasons i still even watch raw and i was wondering when they are going to put the belt on dolph. do you think they'll save it for wrestlemania or will they scrap the plans early like they did for daniel bryan last year? personally, i'd like to see it earlier because shaemus isn't a very good champion but i think his reign would last longer if he won it at wrestlemania
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby buzzy on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:42 am

rumors are/were that dolph will win it this year
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:55 am

It seems like they're trying to book Ziggler as an afterthought, so that it'll be more of a surprise when he cashes in. However, that doesn't do much to build him as a credible champion.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Everyone aside from CM Punk/Cena/Orton/The Rock/Brock Lesnar/Vicke Guerrero is an afterthought.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:44 pm

I'd say Daniel Bryan and Kane are getting a fair bit of exposure at the moment. AJ's been right there too, even if things didn't exactly work out in the GM role.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:05 am

phpBB [video]
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:45 am

Andrew wrote:I'd say Daniel Bryan and Kane are getting a fair bit of exposure at the moment. AJ's been right there too, even if things didn't exactly work out in the GM role.

the Bryan/Kane segmants are gold. they are hilarious

also, with her out of a GM role, I'd love to see AJ make a run for the divas title
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Yeah, hopefully AJ doesn't fall by the wayside now that she's out of that role. I'm still cringing at the prospect of them rehashing Vickie in the on-screen authority role for the umpteenth time, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:19 am

So AJ is forced to resign because of an alleged affair with a superstar, and is replaced by someone who has actually had affairs with superstars, within the storylines of course. Really? They couldn't have thought of anything better than that?

logical! So if you hate Vickie like I do, at least you can always watch TNA.......as long as you aren't sick of the Aces & Eights....
If plans stay the course, the Aces & Eights storyline in TNA is expected to go for at least another 6 months according to F4Wonline.com

So, what do grown ups watch on TV these days?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:56 pm

HiaC

Overall impression

. :facepalm: Champions coming out first, missed opportunities, really bad botches, and stupid swerves. I'm not going to feel bad about skipping until SS.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby buzzy on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:00 pm

i laughed my ass off at that finish
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:40 pm

Well, that's one way to avoid putting Ryback over for the belt without killing him off. The heel referee angle has been done before (outside of guest referees, that is; Danny Davis and the Hart Foundation, Earl Hebner's original character to name a couple of examples) but not all that often, so if they run with it they could make it work as another way of keeping Punk's heat going. That doesn't make it a stroke of brilliance though, but I guess it got them out of the corner they'd written themselves into.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:01 pm

It was obviously planned before that corner came up; it's the same ref from the 'foot on the rope' incident and he's been in developmental for some time.
koberulz

Postby JaoSming on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Andrew wrote:Well, that's one way to avoid putting Ryback over for the belt without killing him off.

The best solution of keeping the belt on Punk and protecting Ryback was a 60 minute time limit draw. But c'mon, we need to squeeze in a Rey and Cara tag match even though the tag champs already entertained earlier in the show.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:56 pm

I don't know if Ryback is ready for that. Probably not the best approach for a HIAC match, either.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:58 pm

If they kept up the pace they were at, I thought it would be good. Keeping it brutal with the weapons and MMA ground n pound would have been easy ways to protect his stamina and lengthen the match.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:26 am

There are no time limits in WWE period, much less Hell in a Cell.
koberulz

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:51 am

Yeah, they don't do that much anymore. One of those things that they'll use when it works for the storyline and not bother with the rest of the time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby buzzy on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:53 am

Could've introduced an Ironman Cell match or something.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby koberulz on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Andrew wrote:Yeah, they don't do that much anymore. One of those things that they'll use when it works for the storyline and not bother with the rest of the time.

I don't believe they've ever reintroduced it, even for that. Though if they did, it'd be pretty obvious where it was going, like when Hogan went to TNA and brought time limits with him. Matches were 20 minutes, except one ten-minute match that oh-so-surprisingly ended in a time limit draw.
koberulz

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic