Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:43 am

Pretty nice Stunner from Becky Lynch on Steve Austin's new show.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:53 am

That's awesome! Putting Becky over!

Andrew wrote:A new entrance would make sense for Bayley. Her current one, and her theme, don't seem like they would fit a heel version of her character.

I just caught the start of Smackdown earlier, and Bayley was up first in the show. Her entrance and getup are the same, but without interaction with the crowd as she walks down the aisle. She talked about being a role model and one of the things she wanted to impart to little kids is loyalty to friends. So definitely a high-horse kind of heel, so maybe unlike Io Shirai's turn, Bayley's turn may be gradual.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:10 pm

It fits with Sasha's delusional heel character as well; they both believe their own hype and righteousness. It could work like that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:02 pm

Let it be gradual over the next couple of weeks please. Just had to explain to my girls what happened with Bayley while also convincing them to still want to go to Hell in a Cell next month...... I have no idea how I am going to swing The Fiend past them (read: my wife).
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:08 pm

Bayley's still opposing known arrogant jerk Charlotte. She'll be the defacto babyface, taking on a meaner woman! As for The Fiend, well, we all have to grow up sometime!

(This is why I'm not a parent.)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:42 pm

JaoSming wrote:I have no idea how I am going to swing The Fiend past them (read: my wife).

Edit the Funhouse bits but with only the kid-friendly ones!

Andrew wrote:Bayley's still opposing known arrogant jerk Charlotte. She'll be the defacto babyface, taking on a meaner woman!

I hope they retain Charlotte's arrogant character and not just switch it because Bayley turned. I won't be surprised if Bayley retains and Sasha wins over Becky, too.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:15 pm

Do the Muscle Man Dance!

Lean wrote:I hope they retain Charlotte's arrogant character and not just switch it because Bayley turned. I won't be surprised if Bayley retains and Sasha wins over Becky, too.

Agreed. I don't see a huge change in Charlotte's character even if she turns face or becomes more of a tweener. I can see Sasha winning as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:48 am

JaoSming wrote:Let it be gradual over the next couple of weeks please. Just had to explain to my girls what happened with Bayley while also convincing them to still want to go to Hell in a Cell next month...... I have no idea how I am going to swing The Fiend past them (read: my wife).

Wrestling is so weird I'm glad I watch it on my own so I don't have to explain it to anyone lol

Where is HIAC going to be at? Oakland or San Jose?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:10 am

Sacramento. Nice building, I've gone to a few Kings games and went to No Mercy a couple years ago
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:31 pm

[Q] wrote:Wrestling is so weird I'm glad I watch it on my own so I don't have to explain it to anyone lol

Wrestling isn't wrestling, as they say!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:41 pm

New Smackdown logo unveiled during the NFL broadcasts today. Big changes are coming with them moving to FOX. Rumors are that they'll have a big premiere with old legends showing up and then a draft on the 2nd episode
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:04 pm

I'm guessing Lesnar ends up on Smackdown. It'll be interesting to see if it finally becomes the flagship show, though in recent times, it's not like Smackdown has been noticeably superior to RAW as it was for a while there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:34 pm

Interesting that they put Becky there instead of Bayley. I like the new logo, although I'd like it even more if it has the "!" in it.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:09 pm

On a different note, let's all enjoy the Street Profits' theme!

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:04 pm

I cannot unhear the "EY! EY! EY! EY!" chants on-beat. :lol: I like that theme, too. Though I heard it's a recycled one from Team B.A.D. from 2015:

phpBB [video]

So since they dropped the NXT Tag Championships to the Undisputed Era,they seem to be moving to Raw.But the NXT promos for their USA debut still have them in it so I guess they're not going anywhere. I think NXT would still need the Profits to bolster the tag division because I think they only have four legit tag teams in their division.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:09 pm

Yeah, that's definitely been recycled. It's not the first time the company has done that with theme music, of course...

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:30 am

Whoa, that's crazy about the recycling of the street profits theme. But WWE paid for the song, they might as well use it for something.

Let's not forget The Patriot and Kurt Angle's theme. And Broadus Clay and Xavier Woods somebody call my mama song

Whether they get called up or not, I don't know yet if it will be sooner or later. I like that they've been showcasing them on raw so when they do come, people know who they are and what they can do. So many times call-ups debut and people are like who??

It's cool for those that watch NXT but I think many casual fans don't and that hurts even the biggest stars like Finn Balor and especially Nakamura who had seemed to have hit his ceiling early on
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:09 am

The theme fits the Profits though.

I think that's the problem with the main roster transition, not everyone's familiar with the talent coming from NXT. So now with NXT moving to TV, I hope that lessens the call-ups and have talent move around the three shows, but with NXT staying as the NXT we love.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:17 pm

[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Hey, better than making an actor your world champion! An actor who wasn't previously one of the biggest names in professional wrestling, at any rate.

Meanwhile, backstage, an iconic figure poses with an iiconic duo.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:41 pm

My heart, Peyton!
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:37 am

Let's give it up for Big Bankstown Bruins Baller Bille, though!

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:57 pm

Watched Smackdown earlier, and I liked how they re-wrote the Chad Gable match for the main event (although it again became 2-out-of-3 falls). Shame that the King of the Ring finals is moved to Raw instead of Clash of Champions which what was originally scheduled (plus it would give the match time and importance). Honestly, I don't see Gable going over but I would love to if they indeed pull the trigger.

The Fiend reportedly got a dark match after 205 Live (which also saw a Kushida debut!) vs the B-Team in a squash. Elias was reportedly legit injured so he's probably pulled out from the Manila show on Friday next week (which is a shame, I'd really like to have an Elias promo getting heat from the Filipino crowd).

After the outcome of the Smackdown main event, Kevin Owens tweeted "14-24-20" which some fans pointed out as "N-X-T". I'd love for him to get back there and bolster the roster!
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:36 am

I'm not looking forward to King Corbin. His character isn't interesting at all; he ably portrays a jerk and everything, but he's not a compelling villain, and he shouldn't be anywhere near the main event. One of the key roles of a top heel is to get sympathy for a babyface champion, and he utterly failed in his program with Seth Rollins that just dragged and dragged. He's not the answer to lethargic ratings, and the way he's been sitting on the throne every week would make a victory very predictable and anti-climactic. Which of course, means that's exactly what WWE is going to do.

Elsewhere, they've completely ruined Kevin Owens' face run, in almost the same way they botched Becky Lynch's road to Wrestlemania earlier this year. To dust off a basketball metaphor yet again, for every wide open dunk WWE gets, they dribble the ball off their foot and out of bounds.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:09 am

Honestly I was a bit shocked that Ricochet lost. I figured he'd be winning it all. Maybe there will be an injury angle on raw and they'll replace Gable, which would be really unfair to him but please no King Corbin

It's sad that they can't do anything with KO as Kofi is champion now and they don't want to do a face vs face feud
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic