Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:18 am

JaoSming wrote:ya don't say, lol

Ah. Moving right along then... :whistle:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:10 pm

dei. wrote:Cena winning the Rumble? The rumble is my favorite PPV to watch so fuck Cena I ain't gonna watch that shit anymore.

yeah it was pretty much a given for at least a year when the rock came back to feud with him.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby deihatein on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:27 am

Qballer wrote:
dei. wrote:Cena winning the Rumble? The rumble is my favorite PPV to watch so fuck Cena I ain't gonna watch that shit anymore.

yeah it was pretty much a given for at least a year when the rock came back to feud with him.

WWE have many talented guys on the roster, yet they relay on part timers and Cena to bring the company up. There is a reason why Punk elevated to a high level
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby [Q] on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:46 am

ziggler could easily be the next cm punk, but they still haven't realized it yet
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:20 am

dei. wrote:WWE have many talented guys on the roster, yet they relay on part timers and Cena to bring the company up. There is a reason why Punk elevated to a high level

It's also worth noting that during Punk's reign, ratings fell and fell and fell. The part timers on the other hand still draw, as Rock's return has brought the ratings back up into the 3+ range. They do have talent on the roster and it's important that they build up that talent moving forward, but right now that talent isn't drawing, plain and simple; even Punk has lost some of his shine. As Sheamus noted in a recent interview:

“I personally think it’s a great thing when the Rock comes back for the simple reason that having someone like him come in, a movie star, what he’s done in WWE, it definitely brings an audience back who may have drifted away, who were there in the Attitude era drifted away to other things. It’s a great way of bringing them back in and giving us the current crop of superstars a lot of attention. People may argue “well there’s one less spot in Mania.” Well guess what, pull your socks up and do what you can to get into the show.”
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:39 am

easy for him to say, someone who's given given everything he's had by Triple H. he didn't have to get stuck in the upper mid-card like ziggler. he didn't have to job on superstars like tyson kidd. he didn't even have to schlep it in a terrible tv format in nxt like daniel bryan. so his statement does make a little sense, but it's politics & ratings, and for people like him, all he had to do was pull up his socks to become a main-eventer
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:29 am

Individuals like Punk and Bryan still worked their asses off to get opportunities and made the most of them, though. Although he didn't get higher than the US title and has kind of fallen off the map recently, Zack Ryder went out and created a YouTube show to get noticed and build an audience that allowed him to get a push for a little while there. The point remains that talent can either sit back and whine, or they can step up and prove they have what it takes.

As far as proving to be as big a draw as The Rock is concerned, none of the current talent have done that as yet. What draws, what sells and makes money, is obviously vital to the success of the company and therefore the show as a whole, so naturally that factors into who gets the spotlight.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:44 pm

Andrew wrote:Individuals like Punk and Bryan still worked their asses off to get opportunities and made the most of them, though.

Doesn't mean nobody else is working just as hard. Zack Ryder can't even get on TV anymore.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:27 pm

In his case, his gimmick seems to have run its course or at least hit its ceiling.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:55 pm

not bad booking? what was his last real feud? that stupid crap with Eve and Cena, which got him buried by Cena without an actual match, and then by Kane.....a year ago. I have difficulty thinking of any wrestler being able to bounce back from that burial gimmick in tact.

I just have fond memories of Punk as WWE Champ, Bryan as WHC, and Ryder as US Champ, all in the ring together. If they stabled those three, face or heel, it could have been a really interesting angle. Instead they did it to make the Internet peoples happy then broke it all off.

But again, it happened more than 2 months ago so its ancient history to WWE. He's screwed until he starts doing random in-person encounters with fans as the next wave of fan interaction begins, or w/e it will be.

hmm, I got so into that I forgot to post what I wanted....

TNA is hitting the road now. Done with the Impact Zone after the February 28 and March 7 dates. Sounds like they are doing a Live/Taped combo, so 2 weeks worth of footage, in each location.

Great move IMO, since this UK stuff makes TNA seem more legit simply due to the amount of people there. But if this fails.....the safety net of Universal Studios is gone I guess.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:29 am

The booking didn't help, but what else do you do with him? His gimmick isn't really suited to anything more than upper midcard at best. It may make the IWC happy but the numbers - ratings and buyrates - don't lie.

Seems like a risky move for TNA as previous domestic tours supposedly haven't drawn that well, but if it pans out it's a big "next step" for them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:27 am

IWC is one thing, but dude got pops from the crowd. anyway, upper midcard is supposed to be US title amiright?

but again, this is what WWE 13's Universe mode is for.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:43 am

It is, but again I think that's the ceiling for his gimmick.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:19 pm

Punk, with Jericho in a submission hold: ASK HIM! ASK HIM! ASK HIM! ASK HIM!

Awesome.
koberulz

Postby deihatein on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:21 am

Chris Jericho, the man with the 1004 holds, that has beaten 1004 opponents and has the 1004 catchphrases.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby formx on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:39 pm

phpBB [video]

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby Lean on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:32 pm

Jack Swagger is #1 Contender for WHC.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby deihatein on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Lean wrote:Jack Swagger is #1 Contender for WHC.

phpBB [video]

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby koberulz on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Is anyone surprised?
koberulz

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Yeah, it seems they're prepping him for another push. Supposedly his backstage attitude during his previous main event run got him in the doghouse but it would seem he's overcome that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm on the fence with the whole Jack Swagger thing. It's good that they are making an interesting(?) feud to the WHC but at the same time, JACK SWAGGER WAS ONLY BACK FOR A FUCKING MONTH AND ALREADY IN THE CARD AT WRESTLEMANIA? THE FUCK IS DOLPH ZIGGLER IS DOING WITH THE BRIEFCASE THEN?

Also weird that The Shield didn't get buried at Elimination Chamber since they are with John Cena after all.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby koberulz on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:13 pm

Andrew wrote:Yeah, it seems they're prepping him for another push. Supposedly his backstage attitude during his previous main event run got him in the doghouse but it would seem he's overcome that.

It's not even so much that he was clearly being pushed as it is that the match was to earn a shot at the title held by the Mexican guy, and Swagger has been cutting anti-immigrant promos for the past two weeks. Where else was it going to go?
koberulz

Postby buzzy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:02 pm

looks like the thing that got leaked months ago.looks decent, too much black space behind the logo tho
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Wow, didn't think they would go with that design. No nameplate either.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby koberulz on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:20 pm

It has the Rock's logo on the side plates. Just a temporary belt?
koberulz

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic