Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Postby Null17 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:33 pm

Andrew wrote:
j.23 wrote:i hope ric flair doesnt take a really crazy bump this sunday. i always cringe everytime i see him take a backdrop, it just doesnt look right. i wonder what shelton has in store this year.. the way he scaled the ladder last year was ridiculous :shock:

He'll be busted open for sure though. No one blades quite like the Nature Boy.

Him and HBK are probably the best at bladejobs now in the WWE. Others that stand out are Carlito's dad and Abdullah the Butcher who's permanent scars on their foreheads are fucking disgusting to look at, especially Abdullah's
Null17

Postby j.23 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:07 pm

the first time i saw HBK blade was in badd blood 97. i honestly thought he was seriously injured. just capped things off when he got thrown off the cell, lol -- and the subsequent top-rope chokeslam that came after that. man i loved that match
j.23

Postby Null17 on Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:18 am

Just read about some stuff that might happen with the Smackdown Tag Belts. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the next Smackdown as I haven't watched it yet. But I'm quite excited about it since it concerns some great ex-indy highflyers :wink:
Null17

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:00 am

Bret says that he will NOT be appearing at the WrestleMania 22 PPV event and says he knows Vince and WWE will try to convince him otherwise this weekend.

Drats. I was hoping of a scenario wherein Bret will apply the Sharpshooter to Vince to that helps Michaels get the win. As a victorious Shawn is about to shake the hand of Bret, BAM! The Hitman applies the Sharpshooter on Michaels and the whole crowd erupts in delight!

The only WM matches I'm interested in are the MITB match and triple threat between Angle, Orton, and Mysterio. I find the Cena/HHH match boring mainly because Cena is boring as a champ, and Triple H's ring moves gets repetitive for me. Besides, HHH needs a good opponent for his wrestling prowess to actually show, and Cena doesn't fit the bill of decent HHH opponent.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:18 am

Null17 wrote:Him and HBK are probably the best at bladejobs now in the WWE. Others that stand out are Carlito's dad and Abdullah the Butcher who's permanent scars on their foreheads are fucking disgusting to look at, especially Abdullah's

Agreed, but I do have to give Vince McMahon some credit here because he's up there as well...though he's limited otherwise and is still an egomaniac.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:51 pm

Null17 wrote:Just read about some stuff that might happen with the Smackdown Tag Belts. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the next Smackdown as I haven't watched it yet. But I'm quite excited about it since it concerns some great ex-indy highflyers :wink:

well, what is it then? put it in a small font if you dont want to spoil it for everyone.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby Null17 on Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:23 pm

London and Spanky are gonna become tag champs I think...not sure if it's gonna before, on or after WM
Null17

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:29 pm

I have a 15 inch penis. J/K, it's more like 13.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:55 pm

Not a bad idea if that's true Null, it's about time one of those fellows got out of the doghouse following some backstage heat with Vinnie Mac. Hopefully it means they'll be doing more with the tag division.

Wrestlemania tomorrow. I still plan on ordering it. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jugs on Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:20 pm

Yeah I might order the replay, just gotta get permission from the payer...
Jugs

Postby koberulz on Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:26 pm

already have ordered it, and have a 300 minute tape at the ready (Y)
koberulz

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:30 pm

OK, final predictions time:

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Triple H - John Cena
World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio - Rey Mysterio
Mr. McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels (No Holds Barred Match) - Shawn Michaels
Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Bobby Lashley
Undertaker vs. Mark Henry (Casket Match) - Undertaker
Edge vs. Mick Foley (Hardcore Match) - Edge
United States Champion Chris Benoit vs. JBL - Chris Benoit
World Tag Team Champions Kane & Big Show vs. Chris Masters & Carlito - Chris Masters & Carlito
Women's Champion Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James - Mickie James
Boogeyman vs. Booker T & Sharmell - Booker T
Torrie Wilson vs. Candice Michelle (Playboy Pillow Fight) - Candice Michelle
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jugs on Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:33 pm

What is a No Holds Barred Match and a Casket Match. I havent paid too much attnetion to those 2 feuds
Jugs

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:44 pm

No Holds Barred basically means no disqualification. A Casket Match is a gimmick that the Undertaker has used for pretty much the entire run of his character. The winner is the man who can stuff his opponent in the casket and shut the lid.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:56 pm

why exactly do they have a no-dq match, street fight, and no holds barred match? they're all the same thing.
koberulz

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:10 pm

Sometimes they have No DQ matches Falls Count Anywhere, which is about the only difference. Otherwise, they're just different ways of promoting No DQ matches.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:53 pm

but a no-dq falls count anywhere is just a hardcore match.
koberulz

Postby j.23 on Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:48 pm

those chicago fans present in the hall of fame ceremony should go to hell

i don't care if you like cena or not, but what they did was disrespectful. i mean, there's a time and place to boo the shit out of a wrestler, but last night was inappropriate.

and oh yeah, the you screwed bret chants. *head explodes*
j.23

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:50 pm

koberulz wrote:but a no-dq falls count anywhere is just a hardcore match.

Very true, though the "Hardcore Match" moniker came about in 1998, at least in the WWF/WWE. Like I said, they just have a few different names for promoting the same kind of match depending on who's involved and how they want to present the feud. Or at least, that's the best reason I can think of.

j.23 wrote:those chicago fans present in the hall of fame ceremony should go to hell

i don't care if you like cena or not, but what they did was disrespectful. i mean, there's a time and place to boo the shit out of a wrestler, but last night was inappropriate.

and oh yeah, the you screwed bret chants. *head explodes*

I just read the recap on Rajah's, I'll have to wait until the DVD is released to see the whole thing though I'm sure there'll be highlights during Wrestlemania. I'll wait until I see it to judge for myself but from the sounds of it, the booing was quite inappropriate. They really need to turn Cena heel, no matter what they do with the belt. They're thinking of the women and children demographic and the merchandising dollars, but they'll still keep coming in. Heels can still sell merchandise because they still have a following. As long as he's losing popularity, they might as well ride the crowd reaction and stop trying to push him as a face.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby j.23 on Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:46 pm

i would love to see him heel
weird thing is though, if they turn him heel, i bet you anything people will start cheering him again, and it'll catch on -- kinda like how they started cheering for him again after he lost the wwe title

but definitely i wouldn't mind him being a heel
j.23

Postby koberulz on Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:05 pm

Andrew wrote:
I just read the recap on Rajah's, I'll have to wait until the DVD is released to see the whole thing though I'm sure there'll be highlights during Wrestlemania.

We get it next Saturday on FOX8 :wink:
koberulz

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:30 pm

j.23 wrote:i would love to see him heel
weird thing is though, if they turn him heel, i bet you anything people will start cheering him again, and it'll catch on -- kinda like how they started cheering for him again after he lost the wwe title

but definitely i wouldn't mind him being a heel

The same thing happened with the Rock when he was still Rocky Maivia. I think they've forgotten that when the audience doesn't react the way they want, they need to change the plan and ride the reaction.

koberulz wrote:We get it next Saturday on FOX8

Even better. (Y) But I reckon I'll end up getting the DVD anyway.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:43 pm

Matthew and I have posted a preview of Wrestlemania 22 here as a special column, breaking from the usual NBA/NBA Live stuff, if anyone's interested. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:11 pm

good point about ric flair's ability to climb the ladder. anyway, heres my picks:

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Triple H - Triple H
World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio - Rey Mysterio
Mr. McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels (No Holds Barred Match) - Shawn Michaels
Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Rob Van Dam
Undertaker vs. Mark Henry (Casket Match) - Mark Henry
Edge vs. Mick Foley (Hardcore Match) - Mick Foley
United States Champion Chris Benoit vs. JBL - Chris Benoit
World Tag Team Champions Kane & Big Show vs. Chris Masters & Carlito - Chris Masters & Carlito
Women's Champion Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James - Mickie James
Boogeyman vs. Booker T & Sharmell - Booker T
Torrie Wilson vs. Candice Michelle (Playboy Pillow Fight) - Candice Michelle
koberulz

Postby ScottyInsane on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:34 am

Personnally I 've been taking part to a french wrestling promotion called Fighting Spirit Federation since October 2004 and after living the experience from inside and meeting stars like Kid Kash, his girlfriend Trinity, Colt Cabana, Doug Williams (and more) and sharing good moments with them, I didn' t manage to watch WWE events on my cpu or on TV ! Now i'm just waiting for our next event in two weeks in Marseille (France) where I'll meet former WWE wrestler Matt Morgan.
ScottyInsane

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic