Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby Lean on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:26 pm

King was said to have been taken to a medical facility tonight on Raw after a tag match he was in. Looks like a legit thing.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby buzzy on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:07 pm

Apparently a heart attack. If they really had to do a 20 min+ CPR on him like the reports state, he can be extremely lucky to even be alive right now.

Since he apparently collapsed right at the announce table, they must have brought him backstage first to avoid doing CPR infront of thousands of people. Scary to think he was clinically dead the entire time. Even more remarkable that he survived it.

Safe to say that was his last work in the ring though.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:46 am

Collapsing when he did probably saved his life, seeing as how medical personnel were right there on the scene and were able to assist him immediately, so that was pretty lucky to say the least. Cole's updates through RAW:

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:05 pm

Pops to Cole for being professional. Must be hard to see someone collapse right in front of you.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Agreed. I'm not the biggest fan of his work, especially with the heelish on-screen persona that they just won't let him drop, but you can't help but respect him for the way he handled a situation that obviously left him very shaken.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby homicide1550 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:39 pm

I think I heard King snore right at the time he suffered the heart attack. Hope he fully recovers. Big props to Michael Cole for keeping his calm during the whole incident.

Anyway, just finished watching TNA No Surrender. I really hate how they execute their "run-ins". Here is what happened...

Roode bashed Storm's head with a beer bottle and then proceeds to drag Bully Ray's body to pin Storm. And then, Earl Hebner was clearly seen turning around too early and so he saw Roode dragging Bully Ray. Hell, the effin debris from the beer bottle is beside him. It's like he is blind or something. Really poor execution. I don't even know why continue to watch TNA's crap, maybe because of Aries, Samoa Joe & Styles. And man, Earl Hebner really needs to retire.
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby JaoSming on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:45 pm

Like I said in my Watch TNA post, sometimes there are just silly botches that you just gotta laugh at. There was another bad one, during the tag team match where you could see the person not getting pinned half ass reach into the ring then jump out of camera view.

Storyline, match quality, and feud quality are still top notch. But if botches like that are going to ruin it for you, sorry.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby dare on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Started watching TNA recently on youtube to catch up. Got to say I love the storylines, feels somewhat like attitude era. Also love the tough GM act of Hogan and Sting.

I can only watch them on youtube though, got any site you can recommend Jao?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby JaoSming on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:33 pm

No idea, I just catch it on TV
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby homicide1550 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:51 am

JaoSming wrote:Like I said in my Watch TNA post, sometimes there are just silly botches that you just gotta laugh at. There was another bad one, during the tag team match where you could see the person not getting pinned half ass reach into the ring then jump out of camera view.

Storyline, match quality, and feud quality are still top notch. But if botches like that are going to ruin it for you, sorry.

It's just that it happens too frequently. :cry: But I'm too much a fan of wrestling so I won't stop watching it either.. :mrgreen:

Anyone else who thinks the Aces & Eights thing has gone too long? I just hope they reveal themselves pretty soon but I'm guessing it won't happen until Bound for Glory.
homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby JaoSming on Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:35 am

homicide1550 wrote:Anyone else who thinks the Aces & Eights thing has gone too long? I just hope they reveal themselves pretty soon but I'm guessing it won't happen until Bound for Glory.

That's a very WWE way of looking at it :whistle:

Yea, its probably, hopefully, going to end in it's current status in a month at BFG. Probably with a focal leader, or at least the emergence of luke gallows as that big guy. Then they can deal with the true leader behind the attacks, and finally with the defeat of the group. It hasn't gotten too stale for me yet, even though a few "blowoffs" have happened with the group.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby homicide1550 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:43 pm

JaoSming wrote:That's a very WWE way of looking at it :whistle:

You're probably right, maybe I got so used to WWE's 1 month feuds/storylines. :doh:
homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby koberulz on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:08 am

I went sour on the A&E angle when they took a hostage, tortured him, and then arranged a hostage exchange promising to keep him alive until the end of the show. Then exchanged him, on Thursday, for a favour that Sunday, which, having got their guy back four days earlier, A&E would have no reason to follow through with.

I know it's wrestling, but c'mon. That's worse than 'here are the results of the paternity test on a baby that does not exist'. How the fuck did nobody notice that while doing the test? Reminds me of the time Wilson MRI'd a woman and failed to notice she lacked a uterus.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby buzzy on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:34 am

I hate how strong the faces are in the 'E.
I don't even give a shit about Cena, we all know he can come back from anything. But Sheamus is getting the same treatment. Completely irresistent to a finishing submission hold on a limb ADR was working on the entire match. He gets one boot to the face and is out. Don't even get me started on the whole banning of a bicycle kick ..

there is no such thing as a heel just being the better man in a match.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:17 am

TNA, even though I havent watched either for a few weeks
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby formx on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:06 am

JaoSming wrote:TNA, even though I havent watched either for a few weeks

Font too small, I can't even see it. :lol:

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:48 am

buzzy wrote:I hate how strong the faces are in the 'E.
I don't even give a shit about Cena, we all know he can come back from anything. But Sheamus is getting the same treatment. Completely irresistent to a finishing submission hold on a limb ADR was working on the entire match. He gets one boot to the face and is out. Don't even get me started on the whole banning of a bicycle kick ..

What about CM Punk? Apart from that I certainly agree, the faces aren't booked very well and haven't been for some time. Orton's received the same treatment in the past couple of years, though it's been scaled back a little since his return from his second Wellness violation.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby homicide1550 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:06 pm

This is pretty cool..

phpBB [video]

Heel or Face, I'll still be cheering for Punk! Best in the Underworld!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby homicide1550 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Looks like Super Cena had surgery but won't be out for too long.. :cry:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-09-17 ... y-26053092

WWE.com has learned John Cena had surgery to remove bone chips in his right elbow today. Dr. Andrews removed several pieces of bone cartilage from Cena's elbow through a scope.

Cena is expected to recover in two to three weeks. An update on his recovery time is expected Thursday when he is reevaluated.

I guess he'll be fully healed just in time for Hell in a Cell which is on Oct.28!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby [Q] on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Andrew wrote:
buzzy wrote:I hate how strong the faces are in the 'E.

What about CM Punk? Apart from that I certainly agree, the faces aren't booked very well and haven't been for some time. Orton's received the same treatment in the past couple of years, though it's been scaled back a little since his return from his second Wellness violation.

seems like they book faces to win just for the sake of giving something for people to cheer for and go home in a good mood. its not compelling or interesting, it's too predictable.

i'm digging the stuff between Daniel Bryan & Kane these last few weeks. they have great chemistry on screen and are becoming like another version of the Rock & Sock connection

and bringing JBL back for commentary has been refreshing as cole has become the face commentator and JBL is the heel one so it gives the broadcast a better balance.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:22 pm

I haven't watched since SummerSlam. But JBL being back on the table may get me back to watching again.

Q is right about the faces winning constantly. Superman booking has always been a weakness of the product. Also, does Sheamus have anyone to feud with? I have a feeling that when Dolph cashes in, Jericho comes back (again) and face him for the title.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby deihatein on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Surprisingly, Sin Cara didn't botch a lot in NoC but he seems off in that Fatal Four Way. Also seem that the tag team division is slowly being rebuild with Mysterio and Sin Cara aligning. Agree on the Kane, Daniel Bryan stuff, "I'M THE TAG TEAM CHAMPION" :lol:

Have yet to see the main event though. They say it was good, as well as the Del Rio-Sheamus. Probably will skip the Orton-Ziggler one
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby [Q] on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:18 am

i watched DB & Kane and Dolph's matches at the PPV and bother were very good matches. i skipped to the end of the main event and watched the ending which was interesting. i really didn't know who would win.

it's weird about the booking though. they think heels can still get heat even if they keep losing (true) but they don't think it's good for faces to lose very often or at all during a push (not true)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:43 am

Cena has clarified that he will be out for six weeks as originally reported, which means he's probably not going to be ready for Hell in a Cell.

The Sheamus/ADR feud has run its course. I'm not a big fan of ADR and don't feel that he's panned out as well as the company hoped, his two title runs weren't that impressive. He does draw heat, he's not terrible in the ring, but I don't think they built him up all that well as a main eventer.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby homicide1550 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:21 pm

So I guess they have to find another opponent for Punk come Hell in a Cell. This leaves WWE in tough spot, the only face main eventer they have right now is Randy Orton. Or maybe Taker can come back and have a 1-month feud with Punk.

KicksFix 2K12 2K13

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic