The Great Debate: Iced Earth vs. Nevermore

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Which is better?

Iced Earth
100%
Nevermore
No votes

Total votes : 5

The Great Debate: Iced Earth vs. Nevermore

Postby Rens on Sat Dec 07, 2002 1:03 am

As everyone knows these two great bands don't really have a rivalry but fans of them make a rivalry out of it quite often. So, which is better?
My breakdown:

Singing:
While I like both singers, they both fit well in their band, I think Matthew Barlow is the best fit and the best singer. He can reach a lot of tones with his voice, while when Warrel Dane starts singing real high his voice kinda turns into a soft squeek.
Total Score:
Iced Earth 3
Nevermore 1

Guitars:
Jeff Loomis is a great guitarist, and most of his solos are better than most Iced Earth solos. The rhythm guitar parts are a different story. Jon Schaffer's work makes Nevermore sound dull compared to what he produces. Not that Nevermore's riffs ARE dull, Schaffer is just a master at playing rhythm guitar. Bass guitars aren't the most audible instrument in most songs of any band, same goes here. Overall it comes down to a tie.
Total Score:
Iced Earth 5
Nevermore 3

Drums:
Both bands have good drumtracks, though Iced Earth doesn't have a real drummer, just hired guns. Nevermore gets the edge here because of that.
Total Score:
Iced Earth 6
Nevermore 5

Songs:
I like Nevermore's easy songs better than Iced Earth's, but Iced Earth has so much more atmosphere in their songs. It's something you gotta like I guess, the dark stuff about demons and hell etc.
Total Score:
Iced Earth 8
Nevermore 7

Attitude:
Fuck trends and fuck posers... that's all I have to say.
Total Score:
Iced Earth 11
Nevermore 8

Well, that's my take.. how about yours
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby Rens on Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:07 pm

Yeah just as I thought.
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby Nick on Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:20 pm

Don't worry Rens, i voted. :D (Don't know why)
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Rens on Wed Dec 25, 2002 8:31 am

top!
Rens

Postby BIG GREEN on Wed Dec 25, 2002 3:54 pm

This board is a heaven for rap fans man..lol...j/k :D
A big fan of the emerald hue and much higher state of being/
Yohance "thug" Bailey on the scene...now known as Big Green/
BIG GREEN

Return to Off-Topic