Windows 10?

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Windows 10?

Postby [Q] on Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:45 am

Hey guys, I purchased my computer in 2014 or 2015 and it's running Windows 7 but I think they were offering free upgrades to Windows 10 at the time.

I've been hearing about how all Windows 7 users need to upgrade soon and if anyone can shed some light on how or what I need to do, I would appreciate it.

Also, will I have any issues with program compatibility if I try to use programs that I've already installed on my computer? Or will I need to uninstall and reinstall when I'm up on 10?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Re: Windows 10?

Postby jwin on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:22 am

Q, afaik you shouldn't need to reinstall anything if you do an upgrade from windows 7, there have been some issues with older programs but running them in compatability mode should take care of that if needed.

here is a link where you can get a windows 10 pro cd key for $14.00, i used them to purchase mine and it is legit and works, you will have to download the windows 10 installation package do an upgrade install and then activate it with the windows 10 key, but at least this should save you a ton of money on it

https://www.g2deal.com/windows-10-profe ... l-edm.html
jwin

Re: Windows 10?

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:07 pm

A jwin said, it should be relatively painless. One of the reasons I've been holding off is that Windows 10 doesn't support an old anti-piracy driver, which makes it difficult to run older CD games that used that protection. With support for Windows 7 ending next year, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and look for some workarounds.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Return to Off-Topic