WWE 2K

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2011

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:19 am

shadowgrin wrote:If virtual Michael Cole also gives out spoiler results while the match is in progress, then it's really authentic.

All the while bitching about those damn geeks on the Internet.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:17 am

full match, Red Head vs Jericho

phpBB [video]
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:24 am

Looking pretty good. (Y) I definitely like that we can choose whether to pin on certain moves and those strike counters into holds are pretty cool as well. A lot of reversals on Legend difficulty though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Sheamus looks spot on! And the addition of minitrons is a great touch. Only thing that's left is the set on the stage going on with the entrance vids.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:20 pm

And Daniel Bryan as DLC. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:02 pm

and it's pretty funny when wrestlers hit their finishers, it's silent in the arena and Michael Cole isn't very excited... seems like they need to change the environment from "season" to "NBA Finals"
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby BigKaboom2 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:45 pm

It's incredible that year after year the crowd is completely silent between when the match ends and the victory cutscene plays.

If they just took out some of the stupid reversals, like the go-behind stomp to the back of the leg, stand up and rake the guy's eyes, double leg trip - pretty much all of them - it would go so far toward making each match feel different. I feel like 50% of every match is spent in animations that are the same for everyone.

Also I wish you couldn't reverse ground grapples and ground strikes, as they always look awkward and are far too easy.
BigKaboom2

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:14 am

They do look awkward at times but they're a part of professional wrestling so they should be in the game. If nothing else, without them it would be possible to just stomp away or repeatedly perform ground grapples on a downed opponent for the rest of the match until you win. I remember doing that in one of the earlier Smackdown games.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Christian. on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:45 pm

WWE Universe

phpBB [video]

:D
Christian.
Aperture-Priority Mode

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:55 pm

I was still a little unsure about the concept but yeah, that looks very cool. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:29 am

this and the tables make me want the game
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Christian. on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:37 pm

WWE Universe mode detailed

Remember, WWE Universe is always watching and reacting to the player’s every move, and in WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011, the WWE truly revolves around the player!

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011
WWE Universe Mode

Introduction
In WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011, we are proud to introduce a revolutionary new game mode, appropriately titled WWE Universe. The mode merges new features with popular aspects from past games, such as Career Mode, Exhibition Mode, My WWE and Title Matches, to deliver a dynamic new experience. This year, the game will track all playing habits and automatically generate a customized WWE world for players to enjoy. The power is in the player’s hands, and the result is a unique, individualized gaming experience filled with unexpected twists and turns – just like WWE!

WWE Universe Menu
In addition to being able to quickly turn WWE Universe on or off at any time via the Right Stick, the WWE Universe Menu can be accessed through WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011’s Main Menu. From here, the player can view and customize everything that’s going on in his or her Universe.

WWE Universe will constantly be working to recreate an authentic WWE calendar, automatically setting up matches to play or simulate at the player’s leisure. The game will dynamically react to decisions and outcomes during gameplay, and as a result, generate future matchups between allies, rivals and contenders. Players can then take control of any WWE Superstar or WWE Diva, play with friends or easily replace any of the matches on card at any time with a Custom Match. The top 10 contenders for each title from Raw and SmackDown will also be ranked in championship ladders for player, AI-controlled Superstars and created Superstars to climb. In addition, players can customize the game to their unique vision at any time by changing brands, championships, abilities, rivalries and tag teams of every WWE Superstar and WWE Diva on the roster. Alternatively, players can just kick back, play a match and watch the Universe automatically update itself.

Cutscenes
A multitude of story-driven, spontaneous cinematics will constantly trigger around the action during matches based on the current standing of the WWE Superstars and WWE Divas in the Universe. For example, if the player had selected John Cena and really pummeled The Miz in a match, it is possible The Miz may seek out some revenge with a sneak attack during Cena’s next trip to the ring. He could also lay out Cena with the Skull Crushing Finale or buy a front row ticket to get a closer look at his opponent. Being attacked during an entrance, having a guest commentator present, being abandoned by a tag team partner and post-match beatdowns are just a few of the unpredictable events players can encounter in the Universe. In fact, there are more than 100 brand new cut scenes that players will see exclusively WWE Universe, each one affecting Superstar relationships and continually evolving the gameplay experience.

Remember, WWE Universe is always watching and reacting to the player’s every move, and in WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011, the WWE truly revolves around the player!

:wink:
Christian.
Aperture-Priority Mode

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:03 am

Good stuff. I still like that we can turn it off though, as I'm sure there'll be times when I just want to play an exhibition match and not have to worry about it affecting anything or having to deal with anything extracurricular taking place.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby buzzy on Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:54 am

buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Christian. on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:40 pm

^ disciple of CM Christ?
Christian.
Aperture-Priority Mode

Postby Murat on Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:34 am

Good to see Mike Knox again. The only thing I want is Chyna and Rob Van Dam :lol: :lol: :lol:
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:07 am

Neither are happening anytime soon.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:06 pm

well there is the online CAW sharing
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:26 pm

Well, yeah, aside from that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:07 pm

I entered to the roster page...
My opinions about roster
- At Legends part, British Bulldog (R.I.P.), Lex Luger looks like some good additions.
- Look at Maryse and R-Truth:
Image Image
So funny.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby buzzy on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:12 pm

Andrew wrote:Come to think of it I guess I could order the game from the UK if I wanted the Taker cover, but that's probably not cost effective. Ah well, it's only the cover.

You want Taker on the cover?
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps3 ... ack/575444
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:23 pm

Tempting, JB generally has the best price too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:39 pm

I was playing a bit of SDvRAW 2010 earlier tonight, having a shot at the CAW RTW and got screwed over in the five-way match as the CPU kept breaking up every pin I attempted, before winning a fluke submission victory. I hope that's something that's made a little fairer this year, it's one of the reasons I don't have much fun with tag matches and fatal four ways etc; I find it too hard to take everyone out and keep them down (which you need to do so they won't break up a pin) plus have one of them stay down for a three count. Needless to say, I ended up switching the game off after that, with very little desire to try a second attempt.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:35 am

That is the biggest pain in the ass in SVR games. I usually just control one player in a tag match, tag out, and bring the legal player from the other team outside the ring. I keep attacking him, to get him a ring out count, easy win. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:40 am

Yeah that's a good stand-by strategy. Either that or beating the legal man so that they're pretty much ready to go down for the count, tagging in your partner and then going around and keeping the other opponent busy while your teammate gets the win. Of course, sometimes you need to get the pinfall to unlock something or advance the storyline in Road to Wrestlemania and it doesn't help much in six man tags. Fortunately the teammate AI is a bit better at coming in when you go for the pin and taking out the opponent coming in to make the save but again it's difficult in six man tags and not an option in fatal four way-style matches.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic