WWE 2K

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: WWE 2K

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Becky Lynch and Roman Reigns are on the cover of WWE 2K20.

phpBB [video]

Some key features have also been announced:

- Women's Evolution Showcase
- Male and Female MyCAREER
- Mixed Match Challenge
- Streamlined controls
- WWE 2K20 Originals DLC

Universe mode and 2K Towers also return from last year.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:40 pm

Becky Lynch makes sense. Would have been cool to have her on a solo cover, but can't say there have been very many women on covers of sports titles.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:46 pm

It's a first for WWE 2K at least. Chyna (who will be in the game) appeared along with other wrestlers on the covers of older titles.
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:06 am

Apparently the new game was so broken that Sony was issuing refunds to customers
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:59 pm

I've always found it baffling when people say the graphics look like from the PS2 era, but man does it look like PS2 graphics now.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:20 pm

There's some hyperbole there, but there's definitely a downgrade. The glitches are pretty bad as well.

I did pick up the game as I had a gift card, and I figured I would at some point because of my collector's mentality. It's OK, it's not too different from WWE 2K19 so it has some of the same gameplay flaws. I'm yet to experience any of the really bad glitches I've seen. I actually managed to win a match only using one finisher, so that was nice. I hate how they've made certain wrestlers pre-order/DLC exclusive, to say nothing of not being able to change attributes unless you buy the Accelerator DLC.

Stuff like that was already a bad practice in previous years, but considering how sloppy the game is this year, it's even an even worse look for them. Knowing how rough it was going to be, they should've gone for some goodwill with the content. I guess they hoped they'd secure sales with those pre-order bonuses and avoid taking a hit in sales from bad reviews, but I think this is going to be more costly in the long run. It certainly should be. From what I've read, 2K initiated the split because they wanted to do things a certain way - microtransactions would be my guess - and now they've paid the price. Of course, it means that we miss out on a better game, too.

Anyway, hopefully some patches can improve the experience, but in the meantime, 2K deserves to take some knocks for the situation.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:33 am

This game is getting absolutely eviscerated in reviews. Phew.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:00 am

Cathy Kelley tweeted a video of Dakota Kai duck-walking in reference to the famous WWE 2K20 glitch involving in-game Kai and Ronda Rousey. :lol:
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:37 am

phpBB [video]

Oh man, what have they done to Peyton Royce in MyCAREER? It doesn't help that she never blinks, but that movement is some PS2-era stuff. I normally loathe those comparisons because it's somewhat hyperbolic, but it's got that exaggerated movement to emphasise speech animations that's very characteristic of early 3D titles, and even some games a couple of generations ago.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Lean on Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:48 am

Yeah, back then I've been saying that it doesn't look like PS2 graphics at all. But this is just a very obvious graphical downgrade.

What's with Peyton's eyelashes? Are those snow? Why doesn't she blink?!
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:03 pm

Alien possession. That's what I'm going with. The line about the brass kangaroo is good, though.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Previous

Return to Off-Topic