Game anticipation thread

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Game anticipation thread

Postby deihatein on Mon May 01, 2017 2:55 pm

I recently bought a PS4. Despite upgrading my PC to a "budget modern gaming" build, there is something about playing a game on your couch straight away is just something I prefer (having pretty sweet graphics playing on a PC is not bad too).

I'm anticipating the new God of War that is coming out whenever. They changed a lot of what made Kratos fun to play despite being his character being one-dimensional but as long there is still gore, blood and fun to play I don't mind it.

The Crash Bandicoot remake is also a must play for me.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby JaoSming on Mon May 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Added PS4 remakes, Golf, & friggin DANGER ZONE. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1364236

Day 1
Dirt 4
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Crash Bandicoot
Loco Roco
Patapon
Golf Club 2
Danger Zone

Maybe
Rime (if it lives up to that E3 reveal years ago).

On sale
Yooka-Laylee
Lego City Undercover
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Mon May 01, 2017 4:42 pm

Speaking of remakes, I'm hoping Rockstar decides to port GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City stories to the PS4 at some point. III, Vice City, and San Andreas seem to have done alright with somewhat enhanced versions that if nothing else, make it unnecessary to fire up your old PS2 to play some old favourites. Fingers crossed the other two games are coming at some point.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Mon May 01, 2017 4:57 pm

JaoSming wrote:Patapon

Wait, what?
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby [Q] on Mon May 01, 2017 6:08 pm

Already got the games I was waiting for at the beginning of the year. Hitman was a bit underwhelming, but yakuza 0 was great. They're releasing an HD remake of the first game his summer so I might get that on sale since its not really a new story
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Tue May 02, 2017 1:35 am

deihatein wrote:

Wait, what?

Announced at the end of the Parappa announce trailer

https://youtu.be/Z7380_YgbV8?t=55
phpBB [video]

LocoRoco comes out next week, Patapon next month I think?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby deihatein on Tue May 02, 2017 5:42 am

JaoSming wrote:
deihatein wrote:

Wait, what?

Announced at the end of the Parappa announce trailer

https://youtu.be/Z7380_YgbV8?t=55
phpBB [video]

LocoRoco comes out next week, Patapon next month I think?

I'm sorry but I don't think it will work on a TV as oppose to a portable screen. Reason why I love the Patapon series on the PSP is because the visuals looks prettier in a smaller screen, the sound is much more clear and the advantage of playing it on the go. I still hate Sony for giving up on the Vita or else the series would have been in that console instead.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby JaoSming on Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 am

well, digital PSP games work on the Vita.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby deihatein on Sat May 27, 2017 8:39 am

CRASH BANDICOOT IS THE ONLY GAME I'M ANTICIPATING RIGHT NOW

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby el badman on Sat May 27, 2017 8:42 am

This ought to be fun.

Only out next February though.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Sauru on Sat May 27, 2017 8:47 pm

i am sure this game will bring about nothing but nice level headed discussions
Sauru

Postby el badman on Sun May 28, 2017 5:47 am

Pretty likely, yea.
Oh well, at least after years of not taking any risks at all, Ubisoft is is being pretty ballsy here, and regardless of how the story turns out, I'm sure this should be pretty fun to play.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:50 am

Adding Forza, because holy crap I get to play a full Forza on PC, dropped Patapon down....LocoRoco is still awesome, but I don't think I was ready to want to play it again....yet.

Day 1
Forza 7
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Crash Bandicoot
Golf Club 2

Maybe
Patapon

On sale
Yooka-Laylee
Lego City Undercover
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Phil89 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:40 pm

[Q] wrote:
Lamrock wrote:True, though Gran Turismo 5 was delayed for years and wasn't finished when it came out.

It's a dangerous game to play because with no deadline, they could just work on it forever and it'd never be "finished". They'd just find more stuff to work on

GT Sport is apparently coming out on November 16 this year. Hopefully this one sticks.

The creator revealed some interesting stuff this week.
GTP: The competition aspect of Gran Turismo Sport is exciting, but many long-time fans of the series are worried about the more traditional, classic parts of the game. Can you reassure them that will still be part of GT Sport?

KY: Gran Turismo Sport is actually going to contain more features than any other game in the series to date. Nothing has been dropped, things have only been added. Whether it be the campaign mode, or the offline gameplay, or the open lobbies, everything has been raised in quality and there is more of it, so there is nothing to worry about. Nothing has been dropped.

The closed beta is really just one snippet of the whole Gran Turismo Sport experience. It’s just one part of it, and it’s also the most stressful part of the experience, so it’s important that we have the support of the community to help test it out.

GTP: A lot of fans have noticed that we’ve seen only new cars in GT Sport so far. Will we see any older, classic cars in the game?

KY: Three years ago, we basically reset all the car models in the game, to start building them from scratch. Now, the models have been created at a quality that will last for ten years from this point on. We intend to add more and more models in future updates, so you don’t have to worry about that. We have a lot of plans to add content post-launch.

GTP: Will the Course Maker ever return?

KY: I want to put it back in, but it’s something I can’t say yes to right now.

GTP: Will you be able to customize your driver’s racing suit?

KY: Yes, and their helmet.​

For some it’s all about the numbers, and GT Sport‘s launch car count now stands at more than 177. This includes Vision Gran Turismo cars, continuing the program that stalled with the last GT6 update. There’s also plenty of real vehicles and production-based racers too, and the stable will grow over time. Polyphony has remodeled all the game’s cars from scratch for the PS4 system, calling them “super premium” cars.

Polyphony also reinforces the track count in GT Sport. As we learned last year, the game will feature 27 tracks, spread over 19 locations. These include a mix of real tracks like Brands Hatch and the Nürburgring, and new fictional locations too.

The most recent video also revealed some new tracks, including Suzuka and Bathurst. The Interlagos circuit, confirmed in screenshots, has yet to appear in racing action.

Fans can also look forward to what Sony terms a “fully featured livery editor”. The release details the ability to personalize vehicles with performance brand logos. Some images also hint at full liveries, or custom shapes being available to create your own. You can check it out in the GT Sport image blowout from earlier today.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby [Q] on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:24 am

It's encouraging that they said nothing has been dropped, but that could be them trying to soften the blow. It will be disappointing that car selection will be limited but they obviously didn't want to run into the same situation where they reuse the cars and wind up with a bunch of low resolution or quality cars in the next games. Livery editor sounds really cool.

Based on what I played in December, it was cool especially in VR but if there's no traditional GT mode I won't be buying
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:49 pm

Well, it seems we still get the tedious license tests at least :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpJYtFTt2DY
phpBB [video]
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89