Nintendo NX Thread

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Nintendo NX Thread

Postby Izzy Snow on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:19 am

Well, Nintendo officially announced the rumored new console Nintendo NX. But, no screenshot of the actual console was shown. Only a release date which will be a worldwide release of March 2017. I actually was able to attend a invite-only WiiU event months before it's release and hopefully Nintendo will host another for the NX.

I don't play the WiiU much. I had hopes for the gamepad being properly implemented in sports games and a couple of them tried but much like previous Nintendo consoles, it suffered from better 3rd party support and that is what will make or break the NX once again. I read somewhere that devs have no interest in developing for the NX so that means it has to rely on it's 1st party titles.

I will probably end up getting it for my kids. Actually, I will encourage them to start saving their money for it.

So anyone in the NLSC have any interest in the NX?
Izzy Snow

Re: Nintendo NX Thread

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:53 am

I'm 99.9% sure I won't end up getting it. Most of the games I'm interested in are third party titles, which is why I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the N64. I do kind of miss playing Zelda and Mario titles, but a couple of games aren't quite enough incentive for me to invest in a console.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to Off-Topic