The Nerve of Some People - Rant

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

The Nerve of Some People - Rant

Postby Izzy Snow on Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:51 am

Ok I need to get this off my chest. I'm talking about one specific person but I see this happening way too much all over the gaming community.

People asking for donations (for their benefit)! This specific person who I won't mention "his" name but I also don't care if he ever sees this and realizes it's him I'm talking about, recently, apparently after his PC went "down", created a Go Fund Me account to build a new PC so he can continue his YouTube work. This person recently friend me on both Steam and Uplay when he commented on my The Division video I posted on YT. Last night when I logged on Steam, he asked if I would "family share" my account with him so he can make a Rise of the Tomb Raider video for PC because he said he already has the game on Xbox One and doesn't wanna pay for another copy. In my head I was like, "is this guy fucking serious?!" So I told him, "I don't even share with my closest friends."

Then we got to chatting about our PC specs and this guy has a BEAST PC!!! He has a AMD 390X, 4K monitor, etc. I'm like WTF?! You have way more than most people and you're asking me to family share my Steam account and I barely know you?! Some people are really bold and the sad part is, some people are dumb enough to actually support people like him and either donate or share their accounts. Honestly, what I wanted to tell this person was to go screw yourself but I'm too damn nice sometimes.

Rant over.
Izzy Snow

Re: The Nerve of Some People - Rant

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:49 am

Surprised he didn't ask you to edit the videos for him as well. :lol:

Many years ago, I was approached by a site who (despite what they said) essentially wanted to expand with a new site for basketball gaming that would essentially be competing with us, and asked who the best patchers were so that they could add them to their staff. While they didn't say either way, presumably they'd then be posting their work exclusively on that new site. In return, they'd add a link to the NLSC "somewhere". Poaching in the guise of cooperation. I said thanks, but no thanks, as I couldn't see the benefit. In the end, they never launched their site.

It's also a shame to see goodwill being abused when it comes to the services that are meant to support content creators, fund projects, or help out people in need. Those are great ideas that help cool projects that otherwise might have never happened come to be, give people a helping hand when they're in dire straits, and open up new business opportunities for creative people. When less scrupulous folks get involved, it only contributes to the cynicism a lot of people already have towards those services.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby formx on Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:56 pm

>has beast PC
>wants you to donate Steam account for YouTube

I'm gonna guess the dude is scamming people about his PC being broken and is using the money for games and stuff because his parents cut his spending.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby bigh0rt on Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:52 am

Guy is an obvious loser. Always has been. Always will be.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Izzy Snow on Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:38 am

formx wrote:>has beast PC
>wants you to donate Steam account for YouTube

I'm gonna guess the dude is scamming people about his PC being broken and is using the money for games and stuff because his parents cut his spending.

That or he upgraded. Clearly since he has a damn 390x!
Izzy Snow

Postby Izzy Snow on Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:43 am

Andrew wrote:Surprised he didn't ask you to edit the videos for him as well. :lol:

Many years ago, I was approached by a site who (despite what they said) essentially wanted to expand with a new site for basketball gaming that would essentially be competing with us, and asked who the best patchers were so that they could add them to their staff. While they didn't say either way, presumably they'd then be posting their work exclusively on that new site. In return, they'd add a link to the NLSC "somewhere". Poaching in the guise of cooperation. I said thanks, but no thanks, as I couldn't see the benefit. In the end, they never launched their site.

It's also a shame to see goodwill being abused when it comes to the services that are meant to support content creators, fund projects, or help out people in need. Those are great ideas that help cool projects that otherwise might have never happened come to be, give people a helping hand when they're in dire straits, and open up new business opportunities for creative people. When less scrupulous folks get involved, it only contributes to the cynicism a lot of people already have towards those services.

LOL seriously man. I bet he's the type that would ask as many people he can and hope to catch one or two naive individuals that would "support" his channel and give him anything he needs.

That's crazy about that site that approached you though. Good thing you were smart and aware enough to know if wasn't beneficial to you at all.
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:07 am

He certainly tried to pick his words carefully and make it sound like this great arrangement that would be mutually beneficial, but at the end of the day, it was a poaching attempt with some token courtesy.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Off-Topic