Captain America: Civil War

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Choose Your Team....

#TeamCap
3
75%
#TeamIronMan
1
25%
 
Total votes : 4

Captain America: Civil War

Postby benji on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:15 pm

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV-lxRPFo

:bowdown: :bowdown2:

Who the hell could have predicted that the Captain America films would be far and away the best out of the MCU? (Guardians of the Galaxy excepted.)

Those fight sequences that started with the last one, and look to continue into this, especially the one at the end of the trailer. :drool:
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14550
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:09 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby bigh0rt on Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:33 pm

This. Looks. Incredible.
User avatar
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 9015
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:06 pm
Location: New York

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby JaoSming on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:00 am

http://www.gfycat.com/YellowContentBoaconstrictor
phpBB [video]
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 29990
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:45 am
Location: 2K

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby Jackal on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:45 am

I am fully erect.
Image
User avatar
Jackal
 
Posts: 14867
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:59 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby Sauru on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:20 pm

Jackal wrote:I am fully erect.



pretty much sums it up


i honestly think from the trailer this will be the best marvel movie to date and imo thats saying a lot
User avatar
Sauru
 
Posts: 7726
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:01 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby benji on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:54 pm

You can kinda tell that Marvel didn't really realize that The Winter Soldier and the Russo brothers whole building of Cap's world as a spy-action thriller tied in with SHIELD/Hydra were going to come out as well as they have and overshadow some of the other things they were wasting so much time on like the Infinity Stones. I don't doubt this wouldn't be called The Avengers: Civil War otherwise with the third Captain America film being the start of the story. With some throw away lines about Thor and Hulk being off doing their film and whatever Hulk does alone respectively. Especially with the size of that CIVIL WAR logo behind Captain America. And it getting the May slot Marvel seems to love. (Like all the Iron Man films got, the two Avengers films, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and the next two Avengers movies will also get.)

The writers/directors combo that's doing this and did The Winter Soldier got tapped to be the ones to do the Infinity War films, so Marvel seems to be on board with their take on the MCU.

The Winter Soldier/Civil War could end up being the best one-two punch of comic movies so far. Not that there's much competition.

The thing that's amusing is that this is going to basically hit all sorts of the same thematic notes as Batman v Superman. For some reason, I think Marvel's version is going to be better even if TWS was a little hokey, it's not Zach Snyder hokey...although Chris Terrio. But the next BvS trailer comes out on Monday...or teaser...or trailer...or teaser trailer...depends on what day you ask. So maybe that will look fancy. Man of Steel had really bad trailers if I remember right.

As a comics fan it's funny how this "modern take" that Nolan, Goyer and Snyder were touting for Superman was in the comics like 30 years ago now. Even was a thread in one of D.C.'s first major crossovers after Crisis. I hope Terrio gave Snyder a well-paced script because I actually don't mind his pacing of multiple storylines outside of 300. And that Smallville fight was probably the first truly great Superman battle put to film. The Zod one had way too big of scale and ruined it. Smallville was tight and focused. Most of TWS was too. The sprawling battles like Zod or The Avengers films are just sound and fury. Though I do like how Whedon would edit them to make them into fake tracking shots. Snyder should take a gander at those parts, especially in the first Avengers.

While we're comparing and contrasting Marvel and Warner's film universes here for no good reason. Marvel's schedule is fucking tight, while Warner's is a complete mess. Infinity War Part I comes out May 2018 and Part II comes out May 2019 with only the Ant-Man sequel and Captain Marvel inbetween.

Warner on the other hand has scheduled Justice League Part One for November 2017 and Part Two for June 2019. With The Flash, Aquaman, Shazam set and Warner wants another Superman and another Batman inbetween the two parts. So five films could be taking place story-wise before or after the film they're releasing in the middle of. What stupid scheduling. There's a rumor that they don't want to move Aquaman and Shazam back to come after Justice League with Cyborg because it'll make them seem like second-tier status characters. You know, like fucking Cyborg.

I actually like Green Lantern Corps coming after and being the start of the second wave. Especially if it's actually a whole Corps focus.
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14550
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:09 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby benji on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:55 pm

benji wrote:You can kinda tell that Marvel didn't really realize that The Winter Soldier and the Russo brothers whole building of Cap's world as a spy-action thriller tied in with SHIELD/Hydra were going to come out as well as they have and overshadow some of the other things they were wasting so much time on like the Infinity Stones. I don't doubt this wouldn't be called The Avengers: Civil War otherwise with the third Captain America film being the start of the story. With some throw away lines about Thor and Hulk being off doing their film and whatever Hulk does alone respectively. Especially with the size of that CIVIL WAR logo behind Captain America. And it getting the May slot Marvel seems to love. (Like all the Iron Man films got, the two Avengers films, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and the next two Avengers movies will also get.)

The writers/directors combo that's doing this and did The Winter Soldier got tapped to be the ones to do the Infinity War films, so Marvel seems to be on board with their take on the MCU.

The Winter Soldier/Civil War could end up being the best one-two punch of comic movies so far. Not that there's much competition.

The thing that's amusing is that this is going to basically hit all sorts of the same thematic notes as Batman v Superman. For some reason, I think Marvel's version is going to be better even if TWS was a little hokey, it's not Zach Snyder hokey...although Chris Terrio. But the next BvS trailer comes out on Monday...or teaser...or trailer...or teaser trailer...depends on what day you ask. So maybe that will look fancy. Man of Steel had really bad trailers if I remember right.

As a comics fan it's funny how this "modern take" that Nolan, Goyer and Snyder were touting for Superman was in the comics like 30 years ago now. Even was a thread in one of D.C.'s first major crossovers after Crisis. I hope Terrio gave Snyder a well-paced script because I actually don't mind his pacing of multiple storylines outside of 300. And that Smallville fight was probably the first truly great Superman battle put to film. The Zod one had way too big of scale and ruined it. Smallville was tight and focused. Most of TWS was too. The sprawling battles like Zod or The Avengers films are just sound and fury. Though I do like how Whedon would edit them to make them into fake tracking shots. Snyder should take a gander at those parts, especially in the first Avengers.

While we're comparing and contrasting Marvel and Warner's film universes here for no good reason. Marvel's schedule is fucking tight, while Warner's is a complete mess. Infinity War Part I comes out May 2018 and Part II comes out May 2019 with only the Ant-Man sequel and Captain Marvel inbetween.

Warner on the other hand has scheduled Justice League Part One for November 2017 and Part Two for June 2019. With The Flash, Aquaman, Shazam set and Warner wants another Superman and another Batman inbetween the two parts. So five films could be taking place story-wise before or after the film they're releasing in the middle of. What stupid scheduling. There's a rumor that they don't want to move Aquaman and Shazam back to come after Justice League with Cyborg because it'll make them seem like second-tier status characters. You know, like fucking Cyborg.

I actually like Green Lantern Corps coming after and being the start of the second wave. Especially if it's actually a whole Corps focus.

Image
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14550
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:09 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby benji on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:01 pm

Actually, to do a time killer, do you guys have any no chance in hell films you'd want to see in the DCFU or MCU/Fox X-Men?

I'd love to see someone do a neo-noir Martian Manhunter film centered around his detective John Jones alter ego.

Also any kind of Booster Gold/Blue Beetle team-up.

And a Cable movie that spends its entire time explaining his backstory. With no details left out.

The Sandman, even though we know they'd ruin it.

Anything involving the Runaways or Exiles. Though those would probably be better as a TV/Streaming series.

Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol.

James Robinson's Starman/JSA.
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14550
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:09 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby Sauru on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:00 pm

no chance in hell movie? i guess it would be any of the really good "what if" stories Dc likes to do. number 1 on the list would be superman red son.

of course i love to see numerous movies that just cant happen because of studio ownership and what not like a wolverine vs hulk and Dc vs marvel

i was really interested in the sinister six because i wanted a comic book movie from the POV of the villains. i guess we will somewhat get that with suicide squad but not quite the same imo.
User avatar
Sauru
 
Posts: 7726
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:01 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:23 am

benji wrote:Who the hell could have predicted that the Captain America films would be far and away the best out of the MCU? (Guardians of the Galaxy excepted.)

Those fight sequences that started with the last one, and look to continue into this, especially the one at the end of the trailer. :drool:

Agreed.

I like how you can see the progression of Cap's fighting skills in all the movies.
From being just a soldier with basic training where he's mostly reliant on the power-up given to him by the serum, to taking down a motherfucking jet by himself and then showing some sweet close combat badassery.



I'd watch a Booster Gold movie. Him dying was like Kobe retiring. :cry: (just remembered the dead one was Blue Beetle, THAT'S HOW INSEPARABLE THEY ARE LIKE KOBE AND THE LAKERS OR MICHAEL JACKSON AND PREPUBESCENT BOYS)
Even if it's terrible I'd still watch it just like I did with the Ghost Rider just because it's Ghost Rider, Nicholas Cage was just a sexy bonus.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer
 
Posts: 23221
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:21 am
Location: In your mind

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby benji on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:41 pm

Sauru wrote:no chance in hell movie? i guess it would be any of the really good "what if" stories Dc likes to do. number 1 on the list would be superman red son.

Oh, god how did I forget this.

Also your mention of Hulk...PLANET FUCKING HULK! World War Hulk can be the ending still even if it's stupid.
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14550
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:09 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby Sauru on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:24 pm

planet hulk would be fucking sweet
User avatar
Sauru
 
Posts: 7726
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:01 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby JaoSming on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:11 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L7iH3foZU0
phpBB [video]


Image


oh, and first post now has moar hashtags.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 29990
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:45 am
Location: 2K

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:56 pm

Image
Image
User avatar
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:18 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby benji on Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:53 pm

phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]


phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKrVegVI0Us
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14550
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:09 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby benji on Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:55 pm

phpBB [video]


first 40 seconds
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14550
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:09 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby Sauru on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:32 pm

entire video was great
User avatar
Sauru
 
Posts: 7726
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:01 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby Jackal on Wed May 04, 2016 12:33 am

This movie was awesome. Every Captain America release has progressively been better than its predecessor. Catch it in IMAX if you can & stay for both after credits scenes.

It was also basically Avengers III & saying that it was much better than Avengers II.
Image
User avatar
Jackal
 
Posts: 14867
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:59 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby shadowgrin on Wed May 04, 2016 1:16 pm

Civil War proving that a sequel to a sequel can be better than the original and the sequel.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer
 
Posts: 23221
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:21 am
Location: In your mind

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby Sauru on Sat May 07, 2016 6:59 pm

i have seen this twice so far and i must say this is how you make a comic book movie. this might be the best comic book movie ever imo. of course some personal preference will come into play when someone makes a list of "best ever" but for me i gotta give it to this one.


now will i feel the same was in a month or 2? we will see
User avatar
Sauru
 
Posts: 7726
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:01 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby Jackal on Mon May 09, 2016 4:21 am

I'm probably going to go watch it once again before it goes out of the IMAX theater, only problem is finals.

I think it might be the best Marvel movie. Probably still prefer TDK over this right now but maybe repeat viewings and in time it might dethrone that one.

They really did an amazing job of making every character count and actually make you have feels for the conflict between Cap & Stank.

My face when "Don't care" - smash

Image
Image
User avatar
Jackal
 
Posts: 14867
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:59 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby JaoSming on Mon May 09, 2016 6:14 am

Agreed. I don't want to put it above TDK yet just because I haven't seen it in a while, but damn, so good.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 29990
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:45 am
Location: 2K

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby Sauru on Mon May 09, 2016 3:03 pm

i was asked what i thought about the movie when i got home and the best review i could come up with was "holy shit"
User avatar
Sauru
 
Posts: 7726
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:01 am

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby Kevin on Tue May 10, 2016 11:46 am

The movie was miles away from the BvS movie. What a movie :applaud:
Mod Threads
2k14|2k15|2k16
User avatar
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics
 
Posts: 8039
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:47 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: Captain America: Civil War

Postby bigh0rt on Mon May 23, 2016 1:33 pm

Maybe it's because I still haven't seen BvS, so I don't have that quick comparison to make, and go from letdown to joy. And it appears I'm certainly in the vast minority here, but I didn't think this was an amazing movie (watched it today). It was good, entertaining, and all in all pretty well done, especially tying in the climactic sequences, but I wasn't blown away the way many others seemed to be. I enjoyed it, as I do all of these Marvel movies, but it doesn't come close to The Dark Knight for me.
User avatar
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 9015
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:06 pm
Location: New York

Next

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests