Paris attacks

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Paris attacks

Postby iamSamke on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:32 am

Horrible thing happened yesterday... :cry:

What we know about the attacks

At least 127 people were killed in total, most of whom died at the Bataclan concert hall, according to French President François Hollande. Another 352 were injured, 99 of them critically, according to the Paris prosecutor's office.
According to the Associated Press, explosions were reported near the Stade de France, a soccer stadium near Paris, as were shootings inside the city itself. Here's a map of the attacks:

http://www.vox.com/2015/11/13/9732040/paris-attacks

Anyway, I have to say that I am sometimes really disappointed of being Serbian.

How world reacted on Paris attacks:

And how most of Serbian citizens reacted to Paris attacks:

Translate: "While NATO was bombing Serbia in 90's, while Albanians were burning our monasteries, while jihadists were cutting heads of Serbs in war in Bosnia etc. French people didn't write Pray for Serbia, instead, they were sending planes and killed us, destroying and stealing your country you stupid media people!!!"

I can't believe how selfish we are sometimes... Everything must be about us. Very, very primitive.
iamSamke

Re: Paris attacks

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:19 am

Definitely unfortunate that a lot of people feel that way. It's a different world now, one that's more connected via the Internet and social media. Times change, attitudes change, awareness increases. When we have our own lingering pain and bad memories, we can lose sight of that.

As for the Paris attacks themselves, it's another ghastly example of human beings - and I'll use the term loosely in reference those who carried out the attacks - at their absolute worst. On the other hand, I've also been reading inspiring stories of bravery and selflessness in the wake of the shootings. Hope and inspiration in the midst of something terrible.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: Paris attacks

Postby mp3 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:14 pm

Truth be told but the say the world is right now for the passed couple of years I have turned down cheap holidays to go to places that I see could be a hot spot for an attack, I said this a few years ago and then 30 British holidaymakers were gunned down on a beach in Tunisia a place I visited many years ago.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Return to Off-Topic