Dexter

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Postby Jackal on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:14 am

Joe' wrote:If you had watched the preview for next Sunday's episode (which aired right after the last episode) you'd already know Dexter isn't exactly going to become "domesticated," not for a while at least.

I don't watch the previews.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:45 am

preview of next week looks pretty good as it looks like Dex gets caught between his new life and his old one. wonder how he'll explain that.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:49 am

pretty solid episode. preview for next week looks ridiculous though. Miguel will use his new knowledge to his own liking.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Re: Dexter

Postby Jackal on Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:54 am

I was disappointed by this season. They had set the bar...and then just didn't live up to it.

Hope next season is better.
Jackal

Postby Joe' on Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:32 am

Agreed it's not as good as Season One, but I still find it better than Season Two. Any more Lyla and I would've stopped watching the show...

Next season looks like the best one yet, imo. I liked the way yesterday's episode went and the direction they set for the new season to take. The closing sequence was just bloody awesome, pun intended.

I hope they somehow find Dexter's blood in the warehouse/factory where the Skinner was keeping him. That could evolve into a pretty good storyline, similar to Season Two's. And of course I can't wait to see how Dexter manages to be a husband, father, forensic detective and serial killer at the same time.
Joe'
Sir Psycho Sexy

Postby john26 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:32 pm

This show is excellent. Realistic? Maybe, except for the part where *spoilers here*

Dexter gets the DNA results on the same day as he sent the samples, it had to do with his bio father

plus the close calls

Michael C Hall was robbed this year.
john26

Postby buzzy on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:24 pm

The first episode of season four has been leaked on the web and I could not resist but to download and watch it. All in all it looks pretty sweet, his family is going to be big part that season I guess, but I don't want to take anything away. I'm so looking forward to the whole season, I have a good feeling it's going to be better than season 3.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Oznogrd on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:18 am

Season premiere is tonight...Refuse to watch the leak..I actually thoroughly enjoyed season 3...possibly even more than season 1. MIguel Prado was an amazing idea for a character, reminded me alot of Oscar Acosta.
Oznogrd
Gummy bears are stupid and delicious!

Postby Jing on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:45 am

I had never watched Dexter so this summer I came back from work when we were eating dinner my roommate put up this episode to watch. I asked him what it was, and he said it was the premiere of the new season of Dexter and he had somehow gotten it like 2 months or so in advance. I had never seen the series so he had a bit of explaining to do beforehand, but we watched it and I throughly enjoyed it. Definately think that when I get some free time, I'll go and track down the previous seasons' episodes.
Jing

Postby Oznogrd on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Well..Watched it...Not a bad premise for a season..but alot of it just doesnt feel right for me. Gonna do a pro cons list i guess
Pros
The balance Dex is trying to find is fucking phenomenal and really shows how out of place in a "normal" life. He just cant seem to wrap his head around it.
John Lithgow is the new big time killer
It's still fucking dexter.
Cons
Lundie is back...he sucked then and he sucks now.
Angel and La Guerta together and other various plot points they're throwing in is making it feel like a 14 year old fan fiction
Harrison is the name of Dexters baby? that's so not badass.
Oznogrd

Postby Oznogrd on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:33 am

Episode 2 happened...not as good as the premiere...cant wait for this season to really get going :D
Oznogrd

Postby J@3 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:36 am

Just watched it as well... could've been better, I have no interest in the Angel/Maria relationship. I'm hoping we aren't going to get a Doakes 2.0 either. I like that the body was hidden in the boxing bag though as opposed to what everyone expected (he'd already disposed of it before the accident).
J@3

Postby buzzy on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:11 am

Episode 4 was amazing. Loved the cop chick. Interesting cliffhanger, too.
Rita and the kids being away only helps the show, actually.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Null17 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:43 pm

I can't believe I'm creeped out by 3rd Rock from the Sun guy. John Lithgow's pretty good at this. I had goosebumps on the latest episode when he tried to choke out Dexter when he saw him touching the urn. :oops:
Null17

Postby Jackal on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:20 pm

Was about damn time. She became extremely annoying.

Although Dexter being a single parent and all, I don't know how they're going to do this.

The Arthur Mitchell storyline was also not as fulfilling as I'd hoped. Wasn't epic at all.
Jackal

Postby buzzy on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:28 pm

Meh I liked it. Pretty good season overall, definitely better than Season 3.

I wonder what is going to happen with the kids next season. I mean he wasn't even home half the time this season, how the hell is he going to take caae of two kids and a baby, alone?
I have a feeling that Deb is going to find about him next season (which should be the final one, IMO).
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby J@3 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:18 am

I accidentally read something about one of the books a while ago that makes me think they could drag this on for another 2 or 3 seasons easily. For those who want to know..

In one of the books Dexter finds out one of Rita's kids (Astor I think it was) is the same as him, so he takes her under his wing and basically "trains" her like Harry did with him. I know the show doesn't follow the books to the letter but they could make an entire season out of that.
J@3

Postby Jackal on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:33 am

Domestic Dexter was already so-so, Dexter training Astor (who is pretty much a zombie kid) sounds like a snoozefest.

Dexter needs to meet an arch-rival sort of thing, he's got to stop idolizing the people that come in and out of his life. We get it, you're disturbed and can't relate. Okay. Four seasons later, I get it. Now man up and kick some ass.

First with Brian aka Ice Truck Killer, then he got all lovey dovey with Lila, the third season he connected with Miguel Prado and then the whole Arthur Mitchel family man ordeal.

Come to think of it, I dont even know where they could go with Dex. The possibilities are endless.
Jackal

Postby J@3 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:40 am

The problem is every one of these friends turns into an arch rival about 3/4 through the season so they'd be pretty much repeating themselves. They made a mistake killing Lundy imo. Having someone who could actually be a threat to discover his secret, while not being someone Dex could kill (because of the code, also his sister/real life wife) would've worked but now they'll either have Deb somehow catch him, or try to turn Quin into a poor man's version of Doakes and do it that way.

I'd like to see him just go apeshit and turn into a killing machine.
J@3

Postby Null17 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:51 pm

I liked Rita. She was hot. Felt kinda sad actually. :(

But yeah, They need to do a different type of story arc next season. It's getting repetitive.
Null17

Postby Sauru on Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:59 am

rita was annoying as hell. not gonna miss her
Sauru

Postby Null17 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:38 am

I just thought she was hot. The character wasn't all too appealing.
Null17

Postby john26 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:39 am

I wish they just killed off deb. she is annoying, they don't even mention that she has tourettes and she swears right out of here ass.
john26

Postby Oznogrd on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:26 am

just fucking wow..thats all i can say. just finished the season..probably my favorite since the 1st one. (i actually liked 3 a good bit). Unbelievable ending...but i do think they need to set up dexter's fall and finish what could go down as a tragedy as legendary as hamlet. 2 seasons tops more.
Oznogrd

Postby Doobie on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:37 pm

Just started watching this show, and it is quite possibly the greatest show I've ever witnessed. Just finished season 2, I liked season 1 so much better. Seasons 3 and 4 are coming up soon.

I mean it when I say I am in love and addicted to this show.
New York Knicks
Doobie
didn't do it.

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic