Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby [Q] on Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:39 am

My cousins had the Nightmare game on Genesis so we played that a lot
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:17 am

I'm not that familiar with those two. vs. The Space Mutants and vs. The World on NES were the ones I played growing up.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Lean on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:32 pm

eda wrote:Did you do that before the race or after several attempts? :)

Yep, after several attempts. Then switched it back to classic mode. :lol:

eda wrote:Besides, is there anyone in LOVE with the Metal Gear series (since the PSX)?

I do, but I haven't played 4 and 5. I would love to have MGS3 remade, however. That is my favorite MGS game.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:48 pm

Need for Speed Payback is free this month on PlayStation and I'm actually having a bit of fun playing it. It's surprisingly more fun than Gran Turismo Sport, as they actually allow you to buy, collect, and customize cars.

It's got a bit of gameplay elements from older need for speed titles I've played like Underground and Most Wanted. I was also very happy to get the Subaru right off the bat and didn't have to wait to unlock it
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:10 pm

I'll have to grab it. I generally do that with all the free games anyway because hey, the price is right, but NFS is a series I've checked in on every so often over the years. I'll admit most of my time has been spent with the original, though.
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:19 am

NFS Payback is quite underrated. It got a bad rap when it came out because it came out at the same time as Battlefront II and car upgrades are acquired by a lootbox-type system. However the game gives you more than enough upgrades. It's not the best arcade racer I've ever played but it's very addictive and a nice throwback to PS2-era racers.
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:27 am

the loot boxes aren't too bad either because it's for completely cosmetic stuff that i dont really care for. who needs underglow or horns when you're racing or running from cops lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:34 pm

[Q] wrote:who needs underglow

The green glow under your car, you might say?

phpBB [video]

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Previous

Return to Off-Topic