Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby Lean on Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:15 am

[Q] wrote:Honestly I was a bit shocked that Ricochet lost

Oh yeah, me too. I thought they're going to have him go over and revert back to his "King Ricochet" name from the indies. And yeah, the more I think about Gable vs Corbin, the more I believe that Corbin's going to win it all.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:07 am

Apparently obligatory boos equals great heat now.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Lean on Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:41 am

Called it, Corbin won KOTR.

Also, Brock came out on Smackdown to challenge Kofi for the championship on Smackdown's FOX premiere.

Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:05 pm

Yeah, I have a bad feeling about both of those outcomes.
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:44 pm

NXT live is coming. I have a bad feeling The Dream will be dropping the title to The Undisputed Era to fulfill their dominance over NXT. Frankly the show suffers when stuff like this happens. The women's picture has been lackluster with Shayna dominating and was very boring and predictable when Asuka did the same
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Fortunately, Rhea Ripley is bringing her brutality to the brand.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Lean on Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:54 am

I think Rhea and Toni Storm will be moving to NXT from NXT UK along with Pete Dunne.

And I really hope the Street Profits stay on NXT.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:52 am

It definitely seems they're coming over. I'm guessing the Street Profits end up on RAW, though.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:54 pm

With the draft coming, i could see a lot of new and returning faces on both shows
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:26 am

Seen NXT, they went ballistic during the first hour and kinda toned it down on the second, and not until Imperium's involvement at the end that the crowd came back alive. Still a great show, nonetheless.

One thing I noticed is that they never said "sports entertainment", but referred to "pro wrestling" as it is.

It's the WWE live event in several hours time, and I think the booked talent should have changed with both Elias and McIntyre injured, and The Revival being the tag champs.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:27 am

Oh that's right! I saw Nakamura posted he was at Narita (Tokyo) but now in Manila.

I did notice at the beginning Mauro started to say Sports but stopped himself and said professional wrestlers
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:28 pm

I've noticed the word "wrestling" being used a bit more lately on RAW and Smackdown as well, by Becky in particular. Seems like they might be relaxing the policy on some of the banned words, especially after "Becky 2 Belts" got over as a phrase.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Previous

Return to Off-Topic