My Top 5 Favourite NBA Live Games (Friday Five)

Talk about our 20th Anniversary of NBA Live content here.

My Top 5 Favourite NBA Live Games (Friday Five)

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:27 pm

My Top 5 Favourite NBA Live Games

As you may have seen, our 20th Anniversary of NBA Live celebrations are underway. We’ve got lot of fun stuff lined up, including complete retrospectives for every single game in the series, feature articles, analysis, patches, and more. As this is the first Friday Five since our 20th Anniversary content tipped off, it seems like a good time for a countdown that’s been on my list for some time now: My Top 5 Favourite Games in the NBA Live series.

Please keep in mind that these aren’t objectively the best games in the NBA Live series, though I do believe they rank up there. As part of our celebrations, I’ll also be collaborating with the rest of the NLSC Team to pick the Top 10 Games in the NBA Live series, which I believe will reflect popular opinion, not just my own preferences. As for this list however, I’m just briefly reflecting on my personal Top 5 favourite NBA Live games, sentimental picks included; again, full retrospectives will be coming for each game. With that said, let’s get to the countdown!
This topic was moved from 25th Anniversary of NBA Live by Andrew on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:53 pm.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: My Top 5 Favourite NBA Live Games (Friday Five)

Postby Jeffx on Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:30 pm

I have a soft spot for Live '97 (PSX). It had a HUGE free agent list. I don't think I had to create any players for my rosters.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:51 am

I recently picked up the PSX version of NBA Live 97 on eBay, to round out my collection. I played the PC version back in the day...how exciting it was that the jerseys finally had proper details!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Andrew wrote:how exciting it was that the jerseys finally had proper details!

I jumped from '95 PC to '98 PC and holy crap what a jump that was. Had an eyegasm from the beautiful 3D models and accurate jerseys & numbers. Plus it was nice to finally play with Vancouver & Toronto :lol:
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:22 pm

Yeah, that would've been a big jump. From one isometric camera angle and pixels for eyes to a more authentic (for its era) TV-style presentation and the first use of cyberfaces in the series. Oh, and a steal button. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Opensky on Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:58 am

I liked PSX '97 Live, as it had a lot of free agents did not require to create new players for my rosters. loved and enjoyed it.
Opensky

Return to 20th Anniversary of NBA Live