Video Retrospective: Lakers vs Celtics and the NBA Playoffs

Talk about our 20th Anniversary of NBA Live content here.

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:26 pm

Since I started the 20th Anniversary of NBA Live content with NBA Live 95, I didn't end up talking much about EA's forerunner series that began with Lakers vs Celtics and the NBA Playoffs. I've now rectified that in a Wayback Wednesday feature!

The rivalry between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics stretches back decades in NBA lore. It seems only fitting that as the latest chapter of their epic saga was drawing to a close in the late 1980s, Electronic Arts decided to name their new five-on-five basketball game after the rivalry that had produced so many memorable moments. A forerunner to the NBA Live series, Lakers vs Celtics and the NBA Playoffs was EA's first real effort to make a sim-oriented NBA title. Over the years, it's rightfully come to be considered a classic, introducing many features that have since become staples of basketball gaming. Let's take a look back...way back...

phpBB [video]

https://youtu.be/3iq2rRRNDgc
This topic was moved from 25th Anniversary of NBA Live by Andrew on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:53 pm.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to 20th Anniversary of NBA Live