Toronto Raptors Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Toronto Raptors Thread

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:44 am

Jeffx wrote:
air gordon wrote:way to keep the thread going

Kawhi is already beasting despite not playing one year. got them as a league pass team watchlist (Y)

I like what I'm seeing from Ibaka too.

Great decision not to bring him off the bench. He still has some potential in him.
I Hate Mondays

Postby air gordon on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:59 am

danny green seems relevant whenever kawhai is playing

And siakam. Wow
Derrick is a legend, no matter what. I don’t like how you explained that
Jabari Parker in response to a reporter asking him to comment on Derrick Rose's "fall from grace"
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:28 am

Ibaka is benefiting from playing alongside Siakam more, in my opinion. The Raptors are scary, and if they stay healthy they could give Boston a run for it. They seem to have an identity now, more established roles. I feel like Ibaka was limited/bogged down on the defensive and offensive ends while being on the floor with Jonas last season. Now the floor, and paint specifically has opened up for him. He's shooting a much higher percentage so far this season from 3 FT in, and I feel like that's because he has more room to operate.

And obviously Leonard has a much higher defensive upside than Derozan, so that doesn't hurt.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby [Q] on Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:57 am

Seeing Leonard dominate on both ends shows how they are better with him than demar. Toronto lucked out when they were able to trade an average all star for one of the best players in the league
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:41 am

demar was all nba baby. not sure whats up with Poertl. guess he's getting Popp'd.

big letdown both giannis and lenard both sat out
Derrick is a legend, no matter what. I don’t like how you explained that
Jabari Parker in response to a reporter asking him to comment on Derrick Rose's "fall from grace"
air gordon

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:57 pm

The lose against Celtics was not as discouraging as it looked. Come All-Star break, that OT lineup will have 3 times the chemistry they have now and things might turn up very different during the playoffs.
Also, the fact that they have the best record in mid-November is a nice sight for the sore eyes of a Raptors fan. (Yes, I try not to think about the injuries GSW has or the latest Timberwolves-Sixers trade. I will let future me worry about that).
Siakam is a beast. I'd rather have him starting over Valanciunas. Perfect small ball player.
I Hate Mondays

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball