Where's Kwame and Will Wizards make playoffs?

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Where's Kwame and Will Wizards make playoffs?

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Nov 23, 2002 4:46 pm

First of all...what happened to Kwame? Why ain't he playing lomger than 20 minutes or why is he not being more productive? If he doesn't do any better...he will be as crap as he was last year. I mean his first few games were good but when Stack and MJ stood up, he's been gettin less time lately!

Finally, the most important question- will the Wizards make the playoffs... in my eyes- they only JUST missed out. In the middle of the season, last year it seemed they were goin in but MJ's knees just couldn't hold.

I reackon if Brown plays a hell lot better and Stack and MJ work as hard as they do now- Wizards are in contention!

Kwame for Most Improved, MJ for sixth man, Washington for CHAMPIONSHIP, 2002-2003 (If not- LAKERS, K8 and SHAQ-DADDY)

:twisted: "SIT"
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Wall St. Peon on Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:00 pm

Boy....if that's not a bandwagonner, I don't know what is...
Wall St. Peon

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 23, 2002 6:06 pm

Like his fellow 2001 draftees Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler, Kwame is starting and has had some good games, but the modest success of both the Bulls and Wizards has been the result of their veterans. Since none had overly impressive rookie seasons, you can't really call it a case of the sophomore slump. I don't think Kwame's good games earlier this year should be classed as flash in the pan just yet, because he is playing fewer minutes. Last season there were questions about his commitment and work ethic, perhaps those issues have resurfaced and he is being punished.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bishibashiboy on Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:51 pm

Wiz should make the playoffs..they have enough talent i think

Did u guys hear a/b MJ lobbying for more playing time?..i think they should stay the way it is and have him come off the bench..it's way too early to be risking the rest of the season by playing him bigger minutes..i doubt he can hold up if he plays 35 per night
bishibashiboy

Postby jdawgkemp on Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:49 pm

IF they do make the playoffs they'll be in the 7th or 8th spot. They didn't beat the Grizzlies and last week we saw what they did against a good eastern team (76ers). They got blown out the water.
jdawgkemp

Postby MAKAVELI THE DON on Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:14 am

M.J. said either his teammates step up or get out of the way. I like that mentality of Michael; I don't like seeing him come off the bench. If he was to take a leading role along side Stackhouse, they would be one of the NBA's top one two punch in the league. Personally, I feel M.J. can still put up 25Points each game. The Wiz got too many good players not to be top 3 eastern conference teams. Larry, Bryan, Christian and Kwamne need to step up.

Peace Out,
Makaveli The Don.
MAKAVELI THE DON

Postby bishibashiboy on Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:28 am

yeah but the point is..he prolly can't make it thru the rest of the season if he starts...too many minutes...besides..playing against the 2nd unit of most teams should be better for him since he has lost a lot of lateral quickness and his D can be exposed by the better players in the league
bishibashiboy

Postby ©hamp on Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:49 pm

MJ can make it through the wholes season as a 25ppg scorer. He has said that he is 5-6 pounds lighter than last season - and its obvious when you look at his thinner face. This reduces the pressure on his knees. Plus a lot of the problems last season were because he broke ribs in pre-season and had to train like crazy to get on ok shape before the season opener. This was too much for a guy who was retired for 3 years. But this time he took his time in the pre-season and is lighter. MJ can retire on top once again, believe me. Plus he's shooting 50% from downtown this season - 3/3 vs the Pacers in his 28 points (and 3 steals) in 34 minutes. That's darn impressive with Artest guarding him. In fact, if MJ continues to deliver big from downtown he may decide to continue playing next season cos he could rest his legs by relying on the 3-point shot instead of fade-aways and drives.
©hamp

Postby MAKAVELI THE DON on Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:58 am

i totally agree

"the time is now" m.j. needs to takeover and be like ol' vintage michael if the wiz want to reach anyhwere or more or less make playoffs.
MAKAVELI THE DON

Postby :digerati: on Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:43 am

That would require Jordan to play like his prime and the rest of the team to be competent.

Probably not gonna happen.
:digerati:

Postby MAKAVELI THE DON on Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:39 am

anything is possible when it comes to sports!

this is michael jordan, the greatest nba player of all times and even though he's 39 nearly 40 years old, he is still better than half the players in the nba today.

don't doubt m.j.
MAKAVELI THE DON

Postby :digerati: on Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:10 am

MAKAVELI THE DON wrote:this is michael jordan, the greatest nba player of all times

Wrong.
MAKAVELI THE DON wrote:he is still better than half the players in the nba today.

That's not saying much...
MAKAVELI THE DON wrote:don't doubt m.j.

Am I? I'm doubting the Wizards, since basketball is a team sport and no player can win alone and never has. I'm also being realistic and doubting that Michael Jordan can play like someone 10 years younger because of age and degradation of skills.

Can the Nuggets win it all? Yes, they can. Is it a realistic idea? Not really.

Same thing applies to the Wizards and Mr. Ethics Hater.

Postby MAKAVELI THE DON on Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:23 am

don't even think about saying wrong ever again whenever someone says m.j. is the greatest nba player of all times. because he is!

man, m.j. was the bomb and still is; he did things that these players today can't even imagine doing. he even did dunks that people like vince carter or jason richardson can't even do. so ease off m.j. please and much love to the young m.j. of today: kobe bryant, who else.

don't hate me! m.j's the best ever, kobe's the best today.

go wizards and go mavericks...

nough said.
MAKAVELI THE DON

Postby :digerati: on Thu Nov 28, 2002 7:10 am

MAKAVELI THE DON wrote:don't even think about saying wrong ever again someone says m.j. is the greatest nba player of all times.

Why? Because you're a facist who hates opinions? Or because you don't want to hear the truth?
MAKAVELI THE DON wrote:because he is!

No. He isn't.
MAKAVELI THE DON wrote:man, m.j. was the bomb and still is; he did things that these players today can't even imagine doing. he even did dunks that people like vince carter or jason richardson can't even do.

Prove it. Prove they couldn't do it. Prove that Jordan can do dunks what they can.

Also, because someone can dunk, it makes them the greatest player ever? Is that what you're saying here?
MAKAVELI THE DON wrote:so ease off m.j. please

Because you're afraid you'll find out he isn't the greatest player of all time?
MAKAVELI THE DON wrote:don't hate me! m.j's the best ever, kobe's the best today.

Wrong again.
MAKAVELI THE DON wrote:nough said.

Yes, truely enough blatant ignorance said.

Postby GloveGuy on Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:31 am

Makaveli, you shouldn't even try to win this. I agree with you, I think MJ was the Greatest Player Of All Time. I"m not gonna say he was because that can't really be proved. I've already tried arguing with Ben on this "Greatest Of All Time" thing and we both put up reasonable arguments. Makaveli was probably right by saying that Jason Richardson and Vince Carter couldn't do the same exact dunks that MJ did because they were guys who, like Nique, went off two feet and MJ usually went off one foot or varied. We already saw that J-Rich couldn't go off the freethrow line from last years Dunk Contest.
I think MJ should start because its not right to play your second best player 34 minutes and not start him. If he says his body can hold up then it can. Last year it wasn't all about his knee holding up but there was a play where he did reinjure his knee.
GloveGuy

Postby :digerati: on Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:49 am

gloveguy wrote:Makaveli, you shouldn't even try to win this.

Especially not that way.
gloveguy wrote:Makaveli was probably right by saying that Jason Richardson and Vince Carter couldn't do the same exact dunks that MJ did because they were guys who, like Nique, went off two feet and MJ usually went off one foot or varied. We already saw that J-Rich couldn't go off the freethrow line from last years Dunk Contest.

Going off two feet is harder than one foot. I still don't know about Jordan being able to do dunks those guys couldn't. I've never really seen any dunk that's really been all that amazing from Jordan, I've some some amazing stuff from Richardson, Carter and Wilkins.
gloveguy wrote:I think MJ should start because its not right to play your second best player 34 minutes and not start him. If he says his body can hold up then it can. Last year it wasn't all about his knee holding up but there was a play where he did reinjure his knee.

I hope that he starts the rest of the season too (anyone shocked?) he shouldn't be on the bench. It's not like Byron Russell is doing anything of use anyway.

Postby GloveGuy on Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:17 am

Going off two feet is harder than one foot. I still don't know about Jordan being able to do dunks those guys couldn't. I've never really seen any dunk that's really been all that amazing from Jordan, I've some some amazing stuff from Richardson, Carter and Wilkins.

Some players are more used to going off two feet such as J-Rich and Wilkins. Richardson couldn't go off one foot when he had to in the Contest Last Year and Gerald Wallace could. Does that mean that Wallace was a better dunker? Maybe(I did think he got cheated by the judges). It's a whole other style of dunking that you can't compare. It's like mixing bananas with apples, or centers with shooting gaurds.
GloveGuy

Postby Stevan on Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:56 pm

I used to find it easier going off 2 legs, maybe not strong enough on one? Now I'd almost say I prefer one... it's a matter of personal choice and very much what feels right.

As for the Wizards, well they're on a skid of 4 losses now, and hopefully they can sort out, and go through all the negatives early on, and hit their peak at the right time. Probably no chemistry at the moment.
Stevan

Postby bishibashiboy on Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:00 pm

i think stack's the problem..his shooting has been horrible the last couple games...as soon as he picks it up they'll be fine
bishibashiboy

Return to NBA & Basketball