The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:13 pm

But you need only 2 people
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:05 pm

3 clowns in Miami disagree.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Please don't count Bosh, please.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby graybakflip on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:24 pm

It seems people are only looking like it's only KG and PP are on the starting line-up. Looking forward on what KG can do to Brook (Breaking down how KG can make BLo an elite NBA center). This was one of the things I loved w/ the trade. How KG and PP can do the "heart transplant" for Brook, DWill, etc this season. We were a dumb, gutless, heartless team that won 49 games tied 3rd in EC, hope we can turn it around this coming season.
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby benji on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:59 pm

graybakflip wrote:We were a dumb, gutless, heartless team that won 49 games tied 3rd in EC, hope we can turn it around this coming season.

33-49 it is.
benji

Postby graybakflip on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:13 pm

turn it around literally? ok
graybakflip

Postby NovU on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:51 pm

graybakflip wrote:We were a dumb, gutless, heartless team

Agreed.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby stereoxide on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:47 am

graybakflip wrote:We were a dumb, gutless, heartless team that won 49 games tied 3rd in EC

Showed when the limping Bulls beat you in Round 1.
stereoxide

Postby Jackal on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:09 am

I'm a big fan of Kevin Garnett so I am also a fan of the Nets, it doesn't matter of last year, we weren't very good then. We were actually the best team ever because Avery was a really good coach and Brook is the best center in the league, Kris H can get lots of rebounds and I love how much hustle Evans brought, Crash is amazing because he will sacrifice his body for the team and Joe Johnson can create a shot for himself but for others also & Deron is a strong case for best point guard in the league and he is a true leader

Then we sucked and actually Avery can't coach because he only lets Joe Johnson isolate and thats not a good coach and Brook can only do so much because lets not forget he's coming back from injury guys, Crash just became a shell of himself but that's because of Avery, PJ was doing a much better job but now we have Kidd and he is going to coach them the best because he doesnt have a lot of experience like Avery/Carlisimo but did you guys know Frank is the highest paid assistant coach in the league? This is a good time to remind you guys how much money Prokhov has and that he is going to spend a LOT of his monies to make this team win the championship.

So just deal with it.

Jackal

Postby stereoxide on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:47 am

F*ck you've become a graybakflip-SoF'nAwesome hybrid. I can't believe it.
stereoxide

Postby graybakflip on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:49 am

Jackal wrote:I'm a big fan of Kevin Garnett so I am also a fan of the Nets, it doesn't matter of last year, we weren't very good then. We were actually the best team ever because Avery was a really good coach and Brook is the best center in the league, Kris H can get lots of rebounds and I love how much hustle Evans brought, Crash is amazing because he will sacrifice his body for the team and Joe Johnson can create a shot for himself but for others also & Deron is a strong case for best point guard in the league and he is a true leader

Then we sucked and actually Avery can't coach because he only lets Joe Johnson isolate and thats not a good coach and Brook can only do so much because lets not forget he's coming back from injury guys, Crash just became a shell of himself but that's because of Avery, PJ was doing a much better job but now we have Kidd and he is going to coach them the best because he doesnt have a lot of experience like Avery/Carlisimo but did you guys know Frank is the highest paid assistant coach in the league? This is a good time to remind you guys how much money Prokhov has and that he is going to spend a LOT of his monies to make this team win the championship.

So just deal with it.

What? I thought you were a laker fan? oh myyy..
graybakflip

Postby graybakflip on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:44 am

Excuse me for the double post, but this was just in..

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 56s

Free agent forward Alan Anderson is finalizing an agreement with the Brooklyn Nets, league source tells Y! Sports.

Mike Mazzeo ‏@MazzESPN
Anderson will get a two-year contract with a player option for year two #Nets

So for those that are worrying the Nets luxury tax you can now update and add more to your worries haha..

So the final roster(so far, still?)
First Unit
Dwill
JJ
PP
KG
Lopez

Second Unit

Livingston
Terry
Ak
Evans
Blatche

Third Unit

Taylor
Anderson
Toko
Mirza
Plumlee
graybakflip

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:54 am

LoL! it does not even matters because Prokhov has so much monies anyways so who cares about the taxes......only people who dont have the support in them are worriying about the monies matter. :cussing:

I think this team are very strong on paper they are 2-3 positions deep with their bench and starting but it will be tough task to beat HEAT in our home you know? it going to be very exciting season and what do you think about potentional matchings Gray? I think Brook has advantage over Bosh and Lebron over PP but KG will be handful for us and Wade superiourthur above Joe at this stage but I think Brooklyn have very much deepness on the bench and Jason Kidd is one of the best points ever so I think maybe he has advantage over Spo :giveup:

Cant wait for this season to start so many amazing games to look forward to but this will be tough......KG is amazing player and also my favorite and maybe best PF imho but I have to be HEAT first so it will be tough to watch this games. LoL I hope Heat & Nets are 1-2 so I can cheer all year hard!!! :applaud: :applaud: :headbang:
Jackal

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Amen to that.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby graybakflip on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:47 pm

IN HEAT wrote:LoL! it does not even matters because Prokhov has so much monies anyways so who cares about the taxes......only people who dont have the support in them are worriying about the monies matter. :cussing:

I think this team are very strong on paper they are 2-3 positions deep with their bench and starting but it will be tough task to beat HEAT in our home you know? it going to be very exciting season and what do you think about potentional matchings Gray? I think Brook has advantage over Bosh and Lebron over PP but KG will be handful for us and Wade superiourthur above Joe at this stage but I think Brooklyn have very much deepness on the bench and Jason Kidd is one of the best points ever so I think maybe he has advantage over Spo :giveup:

Cant wait for this season to start so many amazing games to look forward to but this will be tough......KG is amazing player and also my favorite and maybe best PF imho but I have to be HEAT first so it will be tough to watch this games. LoL I hope Heat & Nets are 1-2 so I can cheer all year hard!!! :applaud: :applaud: :headbang:

No doubt, Heat are still the team to beat, I mean they're eyeing for a 3-peat this coming season. Tho it seems Pop's team & the Pacers already knew how to play against them(and exposed them then they're getting better bench players this coming season) as they had almost won the last PO/Finals. This Nets team tho are legit contenders, has a deep bench, great coaching staff, and overall made the necessary "heart transplant" they still gotta do it on court to prove everyone that they can. About match-ups Nets vs Heat, I think it all comes down to how well Deron & Lopez will play against them(I expect them to do better), how healthy dwade next season and of course will LBJ be "clutch" just like the game 7 against Spurs. The Heat's glaring weakness is they don't have enough bigs to throw against a TD/Hibbert/West, tho those bigs are great defenders/physical players, they're not that as polished like Lopez on the offensive end(except TD, but he's aging). And with the Nets Big rotation they can definitely own them on that category. Wont deny the fact the Heat is a great team w/ the greatest player on the planet as of now, but you can still win against them.
graybakflip

Postby Jackal on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:10 pm

graybakflip wrote:
IN HEAT wrote:LoL! it does not even matters because Prokhov has so much monies anyways so who cares about the taxes......only people who dont have the support in them are worriying about the monies matter. :cussing:

No doubt, Heat are still the team to beat, I mean they're eyeing for a 3-peat this coming season. Tho it seems Pop's team & the Pacers already knew how to play against them(and exposed them then they're getting better bench players this coming season) as they had almost won the last PO/Finals. This Nets team tho are legit contenders, has a deep bench, great coaching staff, and overall made the necessary "heart transplant" they still gotta do it on court to prove everyone that they can. About match-ups Nets vs Heat, I think it all comes down to how well Deron & Lopez will play against them(I expect them to do better), how healthy dwade next season and of course will LBJ be "clutch" just like the game 7 against Spurs. The Heat's glaring weakness is they don't have enough bigs to throw against a TD/Hibbert/West, tho those bigs are great defenders/physical players, they're not that as polished like Lopez on the offensive end(except TD, but he's aging). And with the Nets Big rotation they can definitely own them on that category. Wont deny the fact the Heat is a great team w/ the greatest player on the planet as of now, but you can still win against them.

Yes friend I am glad you agree!! Heat are team to beat right now because we have back to back already and yes hopeing on three peat this time. Our team could be stronger with former first pick GREG ODEN who might become defensive amazing man like Dennis Rodamn type player and then he can take on Brook one on one but you are right he is very polished on offense and I hope my favorite PF can teach him tricks of the trading game so that he can school DUMBCAN :roll:

Heat can be beat but it will be tough task in seven games series. This season is shaping up to be SUPER EXCITING with the strong teams making themselves more masculine with adding of the gooder players all around right? :crazyeyes:
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:42 am

only the heat can beat the heat, they are just that good
Sauru

Postby _Steve_ on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Sauru wrote:only the heat can beat the heat, they are just that good

No! You are lying! On (toilet) paper Nets are best team ever in every pro sports!
Pay them R E S P E C T!
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:31 pm

I know what sauru is doing :P
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby NovU on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Whatever he's doing, he's never been this right in his entire life.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby NovU on Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:53 am

Source: thenbageek
The Brooklyn Nets

Actually, no matter what this team does, I think it is going to be surprising. But the bottom line is that I think this team is going to be a top-10 team, not a top 5 team, and it is very hard to see this team beating Chicago or Miami. In the West I think they'd be a 5th seed.

One of the problems is, of course, age. Garnett is about to pass Wilt Chamberlain in minutes played. Yes, the same Wilt who averaged more than 48 minutes in one season. Garnett's knees, ankles and back have a lot of milage on them. Pierce is still effective but no longer the star he once was. Joe Johnson, who's always been overrated anyway, is now way past his prime.

Another one of their problems is that their best players overlap at the same positions. Kirilenko will take time from Pierce, or Garnett. If AK plays a lot of power forward, that will take minutes from Reggie Evans. Joe Johnson keeps Jason Terry off the floor. I would love to see an experimental lineup like playing Pierce at the 2 and AK at the 3 with Johnson on the bench but I don't think it's likely. It's equally unlikely that they roll with Williams-Johnson-Pierce-AK-KG and bring their "max player" Lopez on the bench.

Don't get me wrong, the Nets have a lot going for them: Lopez is likely to keep improving. There are hints that Deron Williams is finally healthy and might return to his old stardom. They are very deep and this will win some games in the regular season. But I cannot see them winning 55 - 60 games. I think 50-55 is more realistic, and it seems like everyone in Brooklyn expects a lot more.

$200mil Salary and How Many Wins?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:06 am

Interesting look. When Evans was on the Clips, he played the 5 a bit. They could do that and run AK at the 4. If it doesn't seem to work out early, they have draft pick trade elements.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:23 am

if the nets share the ball the way the celtics did they will be very good. pierce and kg have proven that they will be fine with less shots for the good of the team but what about johnson and williams? AK is the perfect bench player for this team because he can play so many positions. taking minutes away for pierce? pierce dont need to do 40 a game. limit his minutes a bit and save him and kg for the playoffs. this team has tons of talent but how will it all gel together? anyone who says they have no chance to win it all is an idiot. are they favored? no and they should not be but there for sure have a chance to win it all in the first year. i really believe williams to be the biggest what if for this team.
Sauru

Postby NovU on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:22 pm

Sauru wrote:anyone who says they have no chance to win it all is an idiot. are they favored? no and they should not be but there for sure have a chance to win it all in the first year.

Question is where do you place the Nets? And what is your measurement when it comes to considering one a serious contender?

I consider the Nets a second tier contender.

The teams with 55+ wins have legit chance at the ring. Can the Nets do it? Only a handful of teams won the title with under 55 win record(exclude shortened seasons). And with salary of Nets, anything under 55 wins will be a disappointment. Of course it's the playoffs that counts more but anything less than Finals will also be considered a failure for the Nets just like the Heat due to hyped up expectations. There's great pressure on these Nets team.

But my guess is quite a few teams will benefit from many teams tanking this season. So there's a chance the Nets will surprise us. I just don't consider them among the best right now just because they look great on paper. I agree with the writer, top 10 sounds more appropriate for the Nets than top 5.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:00 pm

I lol at NovU's obvious lack of basketball knowledge when he doesn't consider that the Nets have the greatest PG as their coach and Nets now have more than enough heart to win it all thanks to the transplant of KG and Pierce.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball