The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Postby NovU on Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:17 pm

:oops: I don't know why I feel so guilty.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Sauru wrote:i heard many people say that both pierce and garnett needed to just retire. every time i heard a person say that i knew that they were clueless about the game. its like people think the second your game degrades a bit from old age you need to just retire. both of these players are very capable starters

It's not like Pierce's 'old man at the gym' game is dependent on athleticism like Wade or LeBron.
Wade sucks now, just waiting for LeBron to get old.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Keep waiting.

"Capable starters" is as far I would label them. Nothing more, maybe less at times.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby NovU on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:40 pm

shadowgrin wrote:Wade sucks now,

Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:11 am

SoF'nAwesome wrote:Keep waiting.

"Capable starters" is as far I would label them. Nothing more, maybe less at times.

which is why i think its stupid when people talk like they should just retire. if you are good enough to start in the league why should you retire? cause you used to be better? its such a stupid argument. drives me crazy
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:25 pm

It's the false dichotomy that fanatics love, especially on the Internet. Something is either great, or it's terrible and needs to go away/just give up/has no value/shouldn't be made.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:45 pm

NO! There must always be a winner in a trade.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby NovU on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Wow, just wow. So Prok spent billions and still can't beat the team that's well under the cap. Way to go Prok, way to go.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:26 pm

What is the Greatest PG Ever doing?
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby _Steve_ on Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:28 pm

Trying to get fired.
How long untill George Karl takes over?
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Watched the last quarter of that game and the Nets execution of their offense looked confusing and terrible. It's like they're doing stuff for the sake that something might happen instead of making it happen.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby _Steve_ on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:17 pm

There's either no game plan, no chemistry or both...
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby NovU on Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:05 pm

First 3 quarters were actually not any prettier. Starters were just utter mess. I don't even know where to start. It was actually the bench that kept the game close. No, Pierce and Garnett looked their age. Paul George had his ways with Pierce. Garnett was nowhere to be seen, kept getting outplayed by Hibbert and West. Brook Lopez is just... you know you've seen him against Noah. He wasn't that better tonight. Deron is Deron, he comes and goes. Joe Johnson was effective but not a game changer. Boring typical criticizing narrative that people have been saying applied to tonight's game.

On a positive note, I saw potential how Kirilenko could have affected the game if was healthy. He probably could have kept Paul George in check better. Paul Pierce kept losing him, allowing him easy shots after another.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:45 pm

to be fair the season just started
Sauru

Postby benji on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:17 pm

SteveHTOWN wrote:Trying to get fired.
How long untill George Karl takes over?

No Karl or Stan Van Gundy.

$60 million over two years for Phil Jackson. (Who will never waste his time on the Knicks.)

Then they bring in Kobe next year. (GASP, maybe even this year? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=osuw297, http://i.imgur.com/POsoZUQ.png)
benji

Postby Mandich on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:08 am

Would Brooklyn become the oldest team ever if that trade happened ?
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby graybakflip on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:01 pm

6/7 games so far it's been disappointing. DWill and AK(didn't travell w/ the team for the WC trip) are still not that fully healthy, KG's still adjusting playing(PF) alongside w/ BLo and his minutes restriction. But we all know KG's shot will eventually drop(he's been missing his shots that he usually makes). About Coach Kidd's rotations, it's not that good, he needs to develop consistent minutes for his starters and his bench guys. He's still a rookie coach but I know he'll do a better job than Avery's "Iso Raggie/Iso Daren/Iso Stackhouse" or PJC's "Bromance w/ Reggie Evans' 100 mins per game". Might be chemistry still not that fully developed yet, or it's just KG and PP are waay too old and should retire now ASAP!, or DWill will request Proky to hire Sloan+Pjax on the coaching staff or Brook Lopez will now retire and just collect all of the DC/Marvel Comics for the rest of his life, still it's not time to panic yet.
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Pierce is still effective.
That's what happens when your 'star' PG sucks.
Made me appreciate Rondo more. Sure he's surrounded by HOFs when KG and Pierce were in Boston like his critics say but Rondo knows how to direct an offense unlike the coach killer who has Lopez, KG, Pierce, and Johnson.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Stress Fracture on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:48 am

graybakflip wrote:DWill will request Proky to hire Sloan+Pjax on the coaching staff

Have you already forgotten what Deron did to Sloan back in Salt Lake City?
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby graybakflip on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:13 am

shadowgrin wrote:Pierce is still effective.
That's what happens when your 'star' PG sucks.
Made me appreciate Rondo more. Sure he's surrounded by HOFs when KG and Pierce were in Boston like his critics say but Rondo knows how to direct an offense unlike the coach killer who has Lopez, KG, Pierce, and Johnson.

Agreed, Shaun Livingston has actually played better than him in most of the games so far. Tho that team was built on defense, Rondo was really spot on on creating shots for his teammates esp. w/ the Celtics BIG 3. It sucks that of all the players I've expect to excel the most, it's DWill that's been disappointing so far. He's been preparing during the off season, from changing his diet to getting trimmed down and also host a "mini" camp before the training camp started.

Stress Fracture wrote:
graybakflip wrote:DWill will request Proky to hire Sloan+Pjax on the coaching staff

Have you already forgotten what Deron did to Sloan back in Salt Lake City?

Yep, just like what the "killer-eye" did to Mike Brown last year. Actually Sloan was considered as one of the top candidates for HC during the offseason(hes open in coaching deron again, Dwill's feeling mutual too), along w/ Shaw, Pjax, J.VanGudy, Hollins but BK "hand-picked" JKidd.
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:48 am

graybakflip wrote:Yep, just like what the "killer-eye" did to Mike Brown last year.

Kobe has more championships than Mike Brown and even Deron Williams combined.
Now how many championships do Deron Williams have compared to Kobe or even Finals appearances compared to Sloan?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Sauru on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:21 pm

if the nets want to win then williams is going to need to start playing. show some heart. be the fucking man you are paid to be. as far as i am concerned the only thing he has ever accomplished is running one of the best coaches ever out of the league
Sauru

Postby NovU on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:41 pm

Kinda like driving Ray out of town, then drives Doc so crazy that he don't want no coach Boston. BoOm!
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Mandich on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:07 pm

It's just funny that people think Rondo drove Ray out. Rondo's role was (and still is) to dominate the ball which he is best at, and Ray reportedly didn't like it because it did make his role smaller in the offense, trying to limit him to being a spot up shooter.

Allen laso wanted a much larger contract (3 years/$27 mill) from Danny Ainge in comparison to the Celtics original offer (2 years/$12 mill with the possibility of a no-trade clause thrown in, becasue there was talk they tried to trade him that season) and when his demands fell through, Ray decided to sign with Miami (3 years/$9 mill). Now that's a big money difference.

Did Ray Allen, at this late stage of his career ACTUALLY think that he'd be able to be ball dominant with a elite level point guard like Rondo on his team? Ray just wanted to hop on the Heat bandwagon like all the players nearing retirement.

Just to say I have absolutely nothing against him joining Miami. He did for himself, not because of Rondo.

The thing with Rondo is that he doesn't care who you are: If you mess up, he's going to call you out. Some player aren't opet with critics, since most of them came to the NBA being at the top their whole career. And just throw Ray Allen, KG and Paul Pierce there, all greats. Rondo did call them out, but Allen's ego was probably to big to handle a still-nobody calling him out, and when the "nobody" began to blossom, well everyones knows where Ray is playing now.

I know fans don't like disharmony in their teams locekr room, but when you've got Miami and some other good teams in conference, you can't get complacent. Fans confuse locker room harmony with good team chemistry. The 90's Bulls teams and pretty much all the great Celtic teams were not lovefests. They were edgy, chippy, and very successful.

So if he's complaining about his role in the Celtic's offense, he's wise to join the Heat then because now he has 2 guys dominating the ball and a go-to-guy inside plus more 3 point shooters like him.

Let's face it, the only reason why Ray left for Miami is because he has a much better chance of winning another championship. The rift between Rondo is just a cover up
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby NovU on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:25 pm

Here we go once again. I've read much better stories than that on Ray/Rondo issue before, And that's still a half assed speculation/analogy that's entirely ignoring players relationship as a factor in where they want to play at. Rest of your points have been discussed to extent in depth previously, it's just a moot point now.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball