The cleveland cavaliers thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The cleveland cavaliers thread

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:47 pm

If it's not a travel then it at least walks the line. It's a bit surprising that they called it though because the NBA is traditionally pretty lenient when it comes to travelling (and not just for star players) as players tend to get away with shuffling their feet, taking a couple of steps when catching passes on the perimeter and sometimes even hopping on rebounds and the like. I guess when it's really blatant you have to call it but travelling calls are somewhat inconsistent.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:15 pm

Lebron gave me a great laugh today, so I thank him for that....apparently if you call 3 steps starting after a "crab dribble", it's fine....good one Lebron, but thanks for the laugh....he was just lucky to get away with moving his pivot foot & taking extra step in playoffs against Wiz last time....this game didn't matter as much as that one....

would love to see Lebron play a year in Europe & see how his crap dribble goes there :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby BIG GREEN on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:37 pm

I'm not suprised the cavs are slumping on the road without Big Z. That guy is invaluable to the team and they will always struggle without him. As long as he remains healthy...I have no doubt they are just as good as the lakers. Their regular season record doesn't matter that much to me if it means Z can get healthy now and be ready for the finals.
A big fan of the emerald hue and much higher state of being/
Yohance "thug" Bailey on the scene...now known as Big Green/
BIG GREEN

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:22 pm

The X wrote:Lebron gave me a great laugh today, so I thank him for that....apparently if you call 3 steps starting after a "crab dribble", it's fine....good one Lebron, but thanks for the laugh....he was just lucky to get away with moving his pivot foot & taking extra step in playoffs against Wiz last time....this game didn't matter as much as that one....

would love to see Lebron play a year in Europe & see how his crap dribble goes there :lol:

Yeah, it reminds me a little of how Kobe and the Lakers tried to argue that his sideswipe was part of his normal follow through and completely on the level but I tend to agree with LeBron that if they crack down on that move then he's still get plenty of weapons in his arsenal to get the job done (quote here). I'm a little surprised the NBA hasn't done anything though as he continues to talk about it, they usually pretty eager to fine anyone who comments on the officiating. I guess he's chosen his words pretty carefully though so the NBA would have to be pretty petty about it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:58 pm

after watching the crab dribble video a few times, that one instance at the end of the game was a travel. he picked up the ball too early in the move as a help defender was coming. im sure most of the times he does it, it's a legal move.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:06 pm

phpBB [video]

Play in question begins at about 1:16 in the video. Looks like a travel that particular time but I'd agree that he's been able to pull it off without the walk at other times.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:32 am

Hahaha. Lebron deserved the call. He's been getting too many free pass to the basket. Look how the defender is pumped up. LOL!!! He was sick of it, I guess. AnTwon is it?

Anyways, Cleveland has the best record in the NBA as of today, along with LAL. Great job. Mo Williams definitely made CLE a better team.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby BIG GREEN on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:55 am

That's a travel if I've ever seen one. The refs were definitly breifed before the game.
BIG GREEN

Postby NovU on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:09 pm

Any predictions on today's game? CAVS VS CELTICS

91 - 84 for the Celtics.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:40 pm

I've picked the Cavs which means the Celtics will probably turn around and win. With the Celtics out of rhythm right now and the Cavs playing so well at home so far this season, I think they have an excellent opportunity to avenge the opening night loss.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby erik_twism on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:05 pm

91 - 84 for the Celtics

I don´t think that you see such a "high scoring game".
Cleveland is perfect at home so I go with them, 82:78 for the Cavs.
ego sum via veri taset vita
erik_twism

Postby BIG GREEN on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:14 am

Hehe...people sure want the cavs to lose. I guess they wont earn the respect the celtics have until they get the title; they say...respect is earned..not a right.
BIG GREEN

Postby Matthew on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:43 pm

This guy has the intelligence of a brick wall. I think I'll make a montage of these and post them on youtube.
Matthew

Postby Cartar on Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:56 am

What's up with Ilgauskas trying/making so many 3-pointers (for him), he has already made 2 out of 3 today plus one very deep 2 pointer. Now he's 10-20 total for the season, before this season he had attempted only 37 in 10 seasons.

Something in Cavs thread not about LeBron, that's weird
Cartar

Postby BIG GREEN on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:08 am

He's attempting three pointers because he can make them. That does nothing but spreads the floor for the slashers..which is definitly a good thing.
BIG GREEN

Postby Drex on Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Now he's 10-20 total for the season,

That's freaking great. If anything, he should shoot more 3s.
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby atlwarrior on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:52 am

Even though it may cost them a couple of games I really like that Mike Brown is sitting out LeBron for a few games. This could possibly help the Cavaliers a lot.
atlwarrior

Postby NovU on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:10 pm

When do you guys think losing streak will end? My guess is at 27.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/02/0 ... ef:nbahpt1
the first team in the league to reach 40 losses. Last season, they were the first team to 40 wins

More interestingly, user comment that follows...
I have to say this:
Many people don’t want to give Lebron MVP this season. They say it’s because he’s with a good team now? But let’s be honest lebron is playing just as well if not better than when he was with the cavs.

MVP means Most Valuable Player. I have this question for you:
If you were GM of ANY team in the NBA right now, and you were granted one wish where you could sign WHICHEVER PLAYER you want, from WHICHEVER TEAM, who would you sign?
I don’t care how much you hate him, you’ll sign Lebron James. Even if your team needs a center, you’ll sign Lebron James. Why? Because if you have lebron james on your team, any center will do.

You can’t say the same for Kobe, or Kevin Durant, or Tim Duncan, or Nowitzki, or Chris Paul. These players are all great for their team, but Lebron would be better.

Lebron was put on a team where WADE was already doing his same exact role (bringing him looked redundant), and look how much he was able to improve that team.
It’s clear now that lebron can turn ANY team into a winning team.

Well said.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Cleveland wins on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:00 pm

I'm kind of thinking that they'll beat the pacers, but the pacers are a scarey team sometimes. The pacers can score, but they can't play defense. Although the cavs might end it against washington when they play them.
Cleveland wins

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:37 pm

I'm guessing they'll at least tie the record. I'll say 25 losses though.

(Now watch them go ahead and beat Indiana...)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:47 am

Someone is sucking LeBron cock again...
Sure he left Cleveland and look at them now. Every time a franchise player leaves/retires abruptly a team will always take a huge hit in the standings. Even a basketball idiot knows that. I don't get what specific interest those comments regarding LeBron's MVP 'worthiness' this season being with his new team have in importance to the Cavaliers nearing a record of futility considering the obvious of which we already know regarding the franchise player they lost.
I hear sucking and slurping sounds...
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby koberulz on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:15 am

shadowgrin wrote:Every time a franchise player leaves/retires abruptly a team will always take a huge hit in the standings. Even a basketball idiot knows that.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1994.html
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby NovU on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:16 am

I didn't say I fully agree, grin. Besides, I'm Wade's fan, but also realize significance of Bron's impact to the teams. Let's just leave it there. We've been through this 100 times already.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:28 am

Who cares if you agree or not, what's the point of putting those comments which you found "more interestingly" about the topic for which you even started other than to stroke some LBJ balls. Yeah, I'll leave it at that.

koberulz wrote:
shadowgrin wrote:Every time a franchise player leaves/retires abruptly a team will always take a huge hit in the standings. Even a basketball idiot knows that.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1994.html

I think it's implied that the team is left with no other franchise player or at least near that level. Unless you don't consider Pippen to be on that level.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby koberulz on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:28 am

On what level? He's certainly not on Jordan's, by any stretch of the imagination.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball