The cleveland cavaliers thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The cleveland cavaliers thread

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:38 am

Being the 'level' of franchise player or near it. He certainly can carry a team to a game 7 of the second round of the playoffs.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby koberulz on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:41 am

True. I'd say there's also no question that he's far better than the Cavs' current best player, and it's thus not exactly relevant to this particular issue, but I don't even know who the fuck their best player is now. I'm sure it's a safe guess though.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:58 am

Without knowing the players' stats or contributions (I really don't, haven't paid any attention to the Cavs this season), my guess would be the out for the season Varejao.
If going for a homer pick, Ramon Sessions. It would have been Antawn Jamison but I stopped rooting for him when he tweeted about that massacre to the Lakers. You don't tweet saying that you're embarrassed with the loss that big, you shut the eff up and start playing the following games like a mad dog to atone for that huge embarrassment.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby rise on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:06 am

ZanShadow wrote:When do you guys think losing streak will end? My guess is at 27.

I agree, I think the Wizards are going to lose every road game this season, including their games in Cleveland. The Cavs will probably reach 11 wins - no more than that though. :shake: One of the best teams in the league last year, with the best player in the NBA, now the worst team in the league. I just hope their next five lottery picks work out well for them and produce a good team in the distant future.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Cartar on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:25 am

I think this is all just a diversion. They'll go without a loss after the All-Star break (all the way to the Finals). After all, that's what Dan promised me, a championship. Just imagine the headlines, record for consecutive lose streak and a championship all in one season. That's smart business, I'll tell you.
Cartar

Postby airBerlin on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:35 am

I don’t care how much you hate him, you’ll sign Lebron James. Even if your team needs a center, you’ll sign Lebron James. Why? Because if you have lebron james on your team, any center will do.
You can’t say the same for Kobe, or Kevin Durant, or Tim Duncan, or Nowitzki, or Chris Paul. These players are all great for their team, but Lebron would be better.

Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
Click here to view my dynasty!
airBerlin

Postby rise on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:00 am

Hater.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby NovU on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:27 pm

shadowgrin wrote:Being the 'level' of franchise player or near it. He certainly can carry a team to a game 7 of the second round of the playoffs.

Grin, nobody's arguing significance of franchise player to the team. Just that in Lebron's case, it was much more significant.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:34 am

Those comments you found and posted say otherwise and that was in reply to koberulz about Pippen. My question to you was:
shadowgrin wrote:what's the point of putting those comments which you found "more interestingly" about the topic for which you even started
Of course it's going to be "much more significant" with the Cavs losing Lebron. They just lost the best player in the league, the world even. I was questioning your initial post with those comments. Is it about the Cavs losing streak. Ok. Do those comments show a direct relation about LeBron leaving the Cavs thus them having that losing streak. Absolutely. Which I said that it's pretty much obvious and questioned why even post those comments that show the obvious.

To put it simply, what's the point of bringing up the Cavs losing streak, stating the obvious with those comments (LeBron being veeery important to them or any team for that matter) other than to show your man love for James.

A have a high level of tolerance right now to be even discussing with someone as slow as Zanshadow.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby NovU on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:26 pm

grin, I was merely providing a topic to talk/share/discuss about on some minor shits. U remind me of my ex-gf who was constantly bitching and whining. Anyways the bottonline is that u don't have to try to analyze and disect the purpose of every each word I say here. I am sure u already made a firm conclusion on ur belief that I am slow and dumb and suck bron's cock. Stick to that as i don't giva f, but plz... quit bitching ffs. thank u, :wink:
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:01 pm

ZanShadow wrote:I am sure u already made a firm conclusion on ur belief that I am slow and dumb and suck bron's cock. Stick to that as i don't giva f, but plz... quit bitching ffs. thank u, :wink:
That's why I said...
shadowgrin wrote:topic for which you even started other than to stroke some LBJ balls. Yeah, I'll leave it at that.
...but you were dumb and slow to bring it up again and not know my reply to koberulz...
ZanShadow wrote:Grin, nobody's arguing significance of franchise player to the team. Just that in Lebron's case, it was much more significant.
shadowgrin wrote:Those comments you found and posted say otherwise and that was in reply to koberulz about Pippen

but you were too slow to realize what koberulz and I were discussing about, and you thought it was about LeBron again so you just had to give in your two cents...which made me reply again... it's an endless cycle of idiocy with you...:facepalm:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby airBerlin on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:11 pm

:facepalm:
Click here to view my dynasty!
airBerlin

Postby NovU on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:20 pm

yeah I know. Cavs deserve more facepalming. The streak continues.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby rise on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:27 am

Cavs will probably own that record soon, as they play Portland next. :shake:
rise
Contributor

Postby Amphatoast on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:11 pm

I guess February 13th when the Wizards play at Cleveland and February 25th vs the Knicks (only team they beat in the past 2 months) will be the most important games
Amphatoast

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:38 pm

The streak is theirs alone. Taking into account streaks that span parts of two seasons, the Cavs also had a 24 game losing streak between the end of the 1981/82 and beginning of the 1982/83 seasons, but they've now tied that mark for the new single season record. Tough time to be a Cavs fan, to put it mildly.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:01 pm

Last post was during the last time Lebron left so I think its only right to bring this thread back for my ravings and rants. Now that we are back to being a(n even bigger) dumpster fire of an organization run by a trump supporter who celebrated the defeat of a cleveland team in a major championship,

Lets get down to the nitty gritty:

FUCK Dan Gilbert.

Follow me through this journey of depression.

zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:20 pm

It's Love's time to shine. Some of those contracts are brutal, though. It's unfortunate those players' contracts didn't coincide with LeBron's free agency/player options.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:28 am

Early preseason thoughts:

Really enjoy the pace we play at now. Everyone takes the ball up the court or throws an outlet for easy fast breaks. Everyone is loose and hitting shots.

Amazing what happens when players aren't constantly fearing ridicule by a teammate they aren't allowed to argue with.

Cedi is going to win most improved player. He's going to flirt with a triple-double every night.

Cant really name more than 4-5 teams better than the cavs in the east on paper. Kind of hurts our rebuild but I guess more playoff experience can't hurt the young guys.

(Y)
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball