The never talked about MVP Candidate

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

If Tim Duncan got MVP this year, would he of deserved it unlike last year(I thougt Kidd was a certain lock)

Yes
47%
No Way!!
53%

Total votes : 17

The never talked about MVP Candidate

Postby Boyk on Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:24 pm

Tim Duncan.
he had a triple double in 3 quarters last night and lead the Spurs to like a 12 game win streak on the road or something.
Now last year i felt he was lucky getting MVP over Jason Kidd, if this year was last year, then i would say that he deserved it(if ya get me here).
this year despite the numbers being lower, i reckon hes having a better year, leadership wise. hes a nearly guarnetted Double-Double every night, makes big shots down the stretch, and does a really good job holding the Spurs together.
what do yous think, if he can get past the likes of Kobe,KG and T-Mac, you reckon he has a chance at consecutives MVP's???
Thanks to TEH G.O.A.T for Sig
Formerly known as Laddas
Watch out for Kobe,Melo n the Lakers!
Boyk

Postby Rens on Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:09 pm

If he takes the Spurs far into the playoffs he has a good chance of getting it, depending on how others do I guess.
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby michael myers on Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:18 pm

If he takes the Spurs far into the playoffs he has a good chance of getting it, depending on how others do I guess.

the awards are based on how well the individual performs during the regular season
michael myers

Postby Rens on Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:38 pm

You're right, I forgot about that, they're awarded during the playoffs maybe that got me confused.
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby Chris Ma on Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:20 pm

well!! i wouldn't complain or say anything like
'oh! he doesn't deserved that'
if either KG, Kobe, Tmac or Duncan win the award!

All these players just deserve it!!!
Chris Ma

Postby Jonesy on Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:31 pm

Yeah i feel the same way.

I feel TD deserved it as much as Kidd did last year and the same can be said for this year if Timmy, KG, T-mac, Kobe or kidd win it i wouldn't mind. They all play great for their respective teams and anyone of them could win it and i wouldn't be dissapointed.
Jonesy

Return to NBA & Basketball